Amflautist's accountability thread

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sounds like fun see the sights! You seem to be doing well with the fasting. KUTGW!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Yep, yep, successful fast day. But I am dead tired.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    Yep, yep, successful fast day. But I am dead tired.

Great job with the travel and fasting!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Vacationing w omad has got to be hard, so great job!
  • amflautist
    edited September 2017
    Thank you @minigrrll @mistymeadows2005
    My traveling companions have fully accepted that I don't eat breakfast except for coffee, and I don't go out to a bar with them for 'a little something' at 9pm or so. And when we do an Airbnb&b, as we are now, I win! I don't shop for dinner, don't cook at 7 or 8 pm. I just have a nice bath and sleep. It feels like I am pampering myself. I think my brain has changed. When I'm hot and sweaty after walking all day, and the ice cream looks good, it's not hard at all to think - naw, that wouldn't be good for my body. The only thing I need right now is a nice smelling bar of soap. Where did all the nice soap go?
  • blambo61
    Nice report! Sounds like your having fun!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Sounds like your nice long fast, before your vacation, got your brain thinking nice and clearly and it empowered you to realize what makes you feel good. You're gonna come home feeling very good about what you achieved on vacation. Hope you're having a great time!
  • amflautist
    edited September 2017
    Today's meal.
    xy4b2xxsx1kk.jpg
    Grilled baby squid (1/4 of this platter)
    p35lmcwhya6y.jpg
    Local tomatoes with olive oil and salt (1/4)

• mistymeadows2005
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG that looks amazing! Two of my favorite foods! Although to be fair I have a lot of favorite foods :D:D:D
  • blambo61
    Squid is yummy! I used to go fishing for humbolt squid in California. I've caught over 300-lbs of the stuff on one trip (they were about 5-lbs each and we caught 72 I think if I'm remembering right). I would clean them, peel the skin and membrane off and then beat them, dip them in egg, and fry in seasoned bread crumbs. They were soooooo good!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG that looks amazing! Two of my favorite foods! Although to be fair I have a lot of favorite foods :D:D:D

Hahahahaha! Me tooooo.... mmmm food!
  • amflautist
    Grilled calamari, salad, bread. (Forgot to take picture when the plate arrived.)
    I chose this outdoor cafe because they were playing jazz.
    3tlcawz3n6ne.png
    I might have to specialize in squid until I get to Barcelona. I'm looking forward to fresh sardines there.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Great looking food although I'm not a fan of squid and calamari.
    Tomato, mozzarella, olive oil, plus salt is one of my favs though. In general I like the Mediterranean diet.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I'm with Jim! The tomatoes make my mouth salivate but...I have never stuck my tongue on a squid or sardine lol...never could do it. I went to Nice, France with my husband one time and we went for a nice seafood dinner. And...somehow I thought 'escargot de mer' was scallops! Oh My Gosh...my plate arrived with all these pretty lined up snails looking at me! I almost fainted lol....but...the rice was good lol. :#:s:o I am totally not an adventuresome eater. So glad you are having such a great vacation!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    katjustkat wrote: »
    I'm with Jim! The tomatoes make my mouth salivate but...I have never stuck my tongue on a squid or sardine lol...never could do it. I went to Nice, France with my husband one time and we went for a nice seafood dinner. And...somehow I thought 'escargot de mer' was scallops! Oh My Gosh...my plate arrived with all these pretty lined up snails looking at me! I almost fainted lol....but...the rice was good lol. :#:s:o I am totally not an adventuresome eater. So glad you are having such a great vacation!!!!

You should try them! You'd be surprised! I love all those things lmao
  • amflautist
    te2lvo2a803i.jpg
    It doesn't look all that good in the picture here, and indeed it was disappointing. Not like the picture in the advertising. Goat cheese salad with fruit. That fruit you see was canned and I did not eat a bite of it. Ate the goat cheese and iceberg lettuce plus a small amount of the bread - which actually was a crusty yummy thing. I am totally done with this eating out regimen. One more week and I'm home to my own garden. Beginning to dream of my parsley and arugula and tomatoes.
  • amflautist
    Uprh3u1qz1qe9m.jpg
    Calatayud. Hard to pronounce. At Monasterio Benedictino. Just had a wonderful lunch.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Oh dear me that looks good. That is my kind of lunch.
  • mistymeadows2005
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Oh dear me that looks good. That is my kind of lunch.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh... I agree! Reminds me of tapas and wine which is one of my favorite things ever!
  • amflautist
    wwtieatnugow.jpg
    Local caracoles in a sweet & sour sauce.