Your Daily Beverages

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    At the meal only. It can also lower blood-sugar drastically, so don't do it while fasting.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    ok tks!
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2017
    Have given up coffee and black tea now on ginger and lemon from asian store less sweet or sugary.. also.. have taken to drinking cups of salt reduced veggie stock 8kj per serve... i am now crazy.... and just read above comments re ginger tea... ugh.. will keep wirh it next week defiantly stops the coffee and muffin in the morning monster that sadly was my norm...
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Just plain black coffee and water for me since I gave up my horrible habit of "splashes" of foofoo creamer in my 2-4 coffees a day back in April. I hate all things that are artificially sweetened, lol. I don't even need to add cinnamon to the grounds anymore, even to the cheaper coffees. :-)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I have a little black coffee in the morning, then around 1pm I'll have a little more coffee with one cream. Otherwise only water during fasting hours.
    With my meal I've been having about a half cup of this stuff, carrot-ginger-turmeric.
    Anyone else try it? I don't have much because of the sugar. The taste is unique but it has a good amount of potassium.

oyxwl1kcb31j.png
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Havent tried but sounds awesome! How long have you been using it? I have zero (almost lol... I don't have a spleen) immune system so I'm always up for this kinda stuff... Let us know!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I guess it's been a couple months now since I've been using it. I like it because it adds variety that I otherwise don't have in my diet.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Does anyone love Bai like I do? I've recently been drinking alot of it- 5cal per half bottle. I'll have half a bottle during my fasting hours, is this hindering it in at way?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Joe and all - question...so I pilfered this "It Works - Greens on the Go" packet from my parents house, and I'm dying to try it...it's 10 calories and 1 net carb - do we reckon this is enough to pull me out of fasting? I'm on a 72 hour fast and I'm getting every little thing I possibly can from it, so if it's going to trigger an insulin response, I'll just wait until Thursday to try it...let me know your thoughts y'all! Peace and Love <3
  • arguablysamson
    Joe and all - question...so I pilfered this "It Works - Greens on the Go" packet from my parents house, and I'm dying to try it...it's 10 calories and 1 net carb - do we reckon this is enough to pull me out of fasting? I'm on a 72 hour fast and I'm getting every little thing I possibly can from it, so if it's going to trigger an insulin response, I'll just wait until Thursday to try it...let me know your thoughts y'all! Peace and Love <3

Not really. I think you'd be okay. 10 calories isn't much.
  • mistymeadows2005

Not really. I think you'd be okay. 10 calories isn't much.

I tried it - doesn't taste great, but I somehow felt "healthier" - it's all in ma' head lol :p
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I made a hot chocolate tonight and added a tsp. of coffee and I have to admit that I really like it and I'm so surprised because I hate coffee, I'm happy that I finally found a way to drink it :p
  • AustinGuy8
    AustinGuy8 Posts: 2 Member
    Would a splash of grape juice in water with ACV during fasting hours disrupt the fast?
  • arguablysamson
    AustinGuy8 wrote: »
    Would a splash of grape juice in water with ACV during fasting hours disrupt the fast?

Yes.
  • letzlive
    letzlive Posts: 9 Member
    Has anyone had experience with "Good Girl Moonshine"? It is water with ginger and ACV in it. I sometimes add stevia.

I make it in concentrated batches and then just put about 1T of concentrate in 8oz of water. This video shows how to make the concentrate, though I do not use exact measurements like she does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIa9KulvzA

Am I correct that one of these will not break the fast? It's got to be super low calorie the way I make it, but I don't know about the ginger.

• AlisonZunguze
    AlisonZunguze Posts: 4 Member
    I have room temperature water throughout the day, when I feel I should, but I make sure by the end if the day I gave had between 3 and 4 liters of water ( usually closer to 3). At dinner ( my one meal) I usually have a large homemade hot chocolate with milk or a large coffee with milk. Sometimes I put 3 to 4 teaspoons of brown sugar. Depending on how I am feeling. I have been pretty consistent with this routine for sometime and feel comfortable with this the most. O! And when its cold I have hot water instead, with a cup here and there of herbal tea with no sugar.
  • Brendalea69
    I made a hot chocolate tonight and added a tsp. of coffee and I have to admit that I really like it and I'm so surprised because I hate coffee, I'm happy that I finally found a way to drink it :p

My hot chocolate only has 4 carbs and 25 calories per serving and I only drink it right before or after my meal, not sure if it would be ok to drink it during my fasting hours?
  • arguablysamson

My hot chocolate only has 4 carbs and 25 calories per serving and I only drink it right before or after my meal, not sure if it would be ok to drink it during my fasting hours?

No worries. You are right past the 20-cal limit that determines if you get an insulin response, so I'd say it really doesn't matter.
  • Brendalea69

No worries. You are right past the 20-cal limit that determines if you get an insulin response, so I'd say it really doesn't matter.

Thanks Joe :)
  • litla_dilja
    litla_dilja Posts: 11 Member
    I drink a LOT of pepsi max :/ about 2 liters a day