Leslie Sansone October 2017 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The October Walk Challenge starts this weekend, so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in the crisp cool days of Autumn. For those who are enjoying the onset of cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs. For those of us who live where high temperatures outdoors could easily remain for another month or so, the DVDs are awesome when it is impossible to get up with the sun to squeeze in a quick, cooler walk early in the morning.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in, and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into October 2017!

mmmm .... this is also the month when we can enjoy all things 'pumpkin' ..... as well as all of the other wonderful sights, scents, and yummy tastes of autumn ;)

Walk happy :)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    WELCOME to all walkers!
    ;)

Walk happy :)

"Walk happy." I like that, Mary. :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    4/100

4 miles golfing this morning.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    I will go for 75 I need to remember to log the miles before I go to bed. I did great in September I walked a few walks for different causes and October I got the hall pass for the school in case the weather goes down the drain and outside walking gets stopped.
  • texasgardnr
    October 1st: the 1 mile walk: Burn Body Fat.

@Ann, thank you, :blush: . So do I :p .

@PinkyPan1, very nice goal!

@2020pinktogo, great idea getting a hall pass so that you can continue to walk whatever the weather.

Walk, walk, walk..... :laugh:

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 978 Member
    I just made 90 last month so I'm going to stick on the same path for October.
  • PinkyPan1
    8.86/100
    4.86 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    10/2 2 miles Jessica Smith 5 Mix and Match Miles
  • texasgardnr
    October 2: 3 miles: Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles.

@Deeder522, Good goal plan! That is a lot of miles :)

@AnnofB, That is an amazing workout!! Well done B)

• PinkyPan1
    13.98/100
    5.12 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    edited October 2017
    10/2 2 miles of Jessica Smith 5 Mix and Match Miles
    10/3 2 miles of Jessica Smith 6 Mega Miles Mix
  • texasgardnr
    October 3: 3 miles: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan.

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    October goals:
    120 miles walking
    Drink water
    Relax!!!!

Oct 1 - 4.01 miles
    Oct 2 - 2.19 miles
    Oct 3 - 4.70 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    20.05/100

6.07 miles golfing this morning.
  • texasgardnr
    October 4: 30 minutes Mix & Match Walk Blasters.

@Lilymay2, you have a really great goal and are well underway to achieving it!

@zichab, I am happy that you are back on the upwards rebound from the VERY difficult health situation that you went through at the end of summer. You did have a really rough experience, and that does take a huge toll in many ways, as you well know and experienced. Making your goal last month was awesome. I am proud of you for sure.

YES for happy walking :laugh: Let's do it!

@PinkyPan1, awesome mileage while golfing! Well done... I always enjoy seeing your golfing mileage :)

• AnnofB
    10/4 2 miles WOFF

Zichab, you are off to a great start. Good to see you back. :smile:
  • PinkyPan1
    22.05/100

WATP 7 day Calorie Blast DVD
    1 Mile Get Started
    1 Mile Evening Mile
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 978 Member
    I got excited and decided to try a Fall Challenge from Jessica Smith. It's a 28 day plan all from her youtube channel. My legs hurts and its only day 4. I only made it through ½ of today workout but at least it was a upper body 1 mile.
  • AnnofB
    10/4 2 miles WOFF
    10/5 2 miles of the 4 mile Super Challenge