October Challenge

Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    my challenge today.....prepare and cook a dinner for 9 people while keeping 2 of us keto.....and not drinking all my carbs............. B)
  • lilchapy
    lilchapy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge.
    Two weeks on keto and loving life!

Oct 1 : 256lbs
    Oct 8:
    Oct 15 :
    Oct 22:
    Oct 29:
    Nov 1:

Good luck, everyone!
  • AlisonC2017
    AlisonC2017 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I'll add my stats and goals a lil later today when I'm on my computer...but just wanted to write in here so I can hopefully find this quicker later (I'm new to the whole community side of mfp)
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get back on keto. I've fallen off due to stress, but I haven't gained the weight back yet. I'd like to lose at least 10# this month.
    Oct 1: 198#
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll play this month! I'd love to lose 10-12 lbs this month. My starting weight for October:
    10/1: 247.0
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'll hop in as well :) I'm aiming for a 5lb loss this month though I foresee challenges ... 2 weddings and a bridal shower/bachelorette party :s

10/01: 188lbs
  • starbird3
    starbird3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining, but I want to get a new weigh-in! I'll post tomorrow. Hoping to lose at least 3-4 pounds.
  • kelexworld
    kelexworld Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My goal is to get back on keto and loose some weight. Starting weight is 93kg(205lbs), goal weight for the month is 87kg(192lbs).
    3/10 SW: 205 LBS
    GW: 192LBS
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Damn it, dinner party last night and today 2lbs more and I thought I was being good! Still in Keto though, but another dinner tonight ahhhhhhh! I may turn into the world's most anti social person at this rate!
  • starbird3
    starbird3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal is 5 7lbs in October and creating a habit of morning workouts! (A couple days late on my starting weigh in, but it is high which I'm assuming is water weight so I increased my month goal to 7! Lets do this!

Oct 4: 166
    Oct 8:
    Oct 15:
    Oct 22:
    Oct 29:
    Oct 31:
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hmm, added xylitol to my coffee the last 2-3 days, and although it tastes absolutely delightful, the scale isn't moving. (My food has otherwise been good).
    I'll cut it out and cross my fingers that things get moving again before weigh day number 1 :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    So tomorrow is weigh in day........ :o
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah... eek! I peeked again this morning and have still lost nothing this week. I had good macros and was under my calorie goal each day so... I blame the xylitol (and all the Lilys chocolate I ate... woops)
  • chinatowninchina
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Here we go.......
    24/09/2017 184
    01/10/2017 178
    08/10/2017 176

What a pity week one weight loss doesn't continue all the time! At 6lbs a week I'd be taking it off as fast as I put it on, why doesn't that ever work out, damn it !!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Still, you are headed in the right direction, China. Keep it going!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oct 1st, Sunday: 221.5
    10/8: 217.9
    10/15
    10/22
    10/29
    11/1 Wednesday:

The numbers are going down but sometimes I feel impatient. It took many years to pile all of this weight on but I want it gone! Happily, it is leaving. I want to, at least, get below 200 so, so bad. I want to be able to wear my clothes and feel better. The pain seems to have subsided a bit with Keto. I am excited about that. In fact, I am excited about this whole change in eating and lifestyle. After so many years, I have genuine hope.

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part
    -Tom Petty
    (We miss you, so.)

Petty: "That was a song that took a long time to write. Roger McGuinn swears he told me the line - about the waiting being the hardest part - but I think I got the idea from something Janis Joplin said on television. I had the chorus very quickly, but I had a very difficult time piecing together the rest of the song. It's about waiting for your dreams and not knowing if they will come true. I've always felt it was an optimistic song."
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Valleygirl74 Well done and keep hanging on in there!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all!

I had a good week keeping carbs down (most days were under 15g), ok week with exercise, and left a lot of opportunity on the table to drink water. I had a ton of energy this past week, and overall I felt great.

10/1: 232.2
    10/8: 231.2
    10/15
    10/22
    10/29
    11/1
  • kristinlemonnier
    kristinlemonnier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oct 1: 155.8
    Oct 8: 150.5
    Oct 15: