Replies

• intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in – Day 40 Friday

Played tennis for 2 hrs and completed P90X3 Upper complete
    Nutrition: No good, still in a food slum but, I’m trying :s

Day 3 – weekly 14

Kathy – I love your consistency and it helps, keep pushing it!

Crazychicken – Enjoy your day of rest!

Giglqueen – I sooo understand the food choices and sorry to hear about your foot, we’ll both try to do better and keep pushing forward! Get on that Fitness challenge, it will help!

Hotmamma – sorry to hear your not feeling well, take it easy. You’ll be kicking butt soon enough.

Half way thru and it’s a tough week but, as Kathy said; just remember how far we have come and keep pushing!
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    day 4, week 23
    It was good to go to the fitness center this afternoon and get out some frustration on the elliptical and some leg machines. Then went home and did my shoulder stretches and strength. Made a tuna casserole for dinner and it sure tasted good. Watching the Cubbies take the first game in the NLDS!!!
    Looking forward to playing some tennis Sat. and Sun. It's been a week and I have missed it.
    intotennis - great workout today. Keep doing that! Try a new recipe that you've never done before for something different in your meals.
    Sorry to hear from those that are injured (bum toe) or sick (flu). Rest, get better, and then you'll hit the road strong again.
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Checking in I AM A LIVE :) been busy working some projects and when I get into them, I am super OCD and forget about the world... Finished 1, 2 more to go... I did not go to the gym or do any work out, but was on my feet all day long doing wood working lol

Tomorrow, I'll try to make up for it and make up for the crappy food I ate for lunch. I don't eat fast food, but hubby wanted to go to the exchange food court since it was around the corner and we were starving. I did get a steak and cheese no bun (ate 2/3), and a big ole loaded order of french fries with bacon and cheese (ate 1/2). I haven't had fast food - french fries in like a year... totally pigged out and had a protein shake for dinner.... paid the piper :(
    Spent the rest of the evening in a grease coma :)

AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY? I'm more exhausted today than I am when I work out....
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 41 Saturday (early check in, hot date tonight!)

Played 2 hr & 40 mins of tennis singles, man did my opponent have me running! I was very nice and hit the ball back to her a lot, lol Super fun day! Got home and did some yard work, trimmed the palm trees and pulled weeds.

Nutrition: So far so good, will have my treat meal tonight but, I’m guessing I’ll be under calories because of all the running this am.

Day 4 – weekly 18

Kahty – Way to push the workouts and stretching is so good for your muscles too! You should share your tuna casserole recipe, might give something new to our menu.

Mommabeare – so glad to hear you’re alive, lol 3 projects at once, crazy! Sounds like you burned some calories regardless, so great job!

Love to hear from more ladies, half way to the fininsh line, let’s keep pushing it!!!
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, checking in here so you know I'm alive too. I see everyone still doing a terrific job keeping up with their fitness and staying active no matter the exercise. I worked out 5 out of 7 days. Not perfect with food and had a few most slip ups but that's where in am mentally. Physically, I'm trying to be consistent.
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the 6th and 7th

Friday was great. I did my usual walking and my toe only started hurting until the end of the day. I came home to homemade adada and low carb margaritas thanks to my hubby. Today was pretty good too. I did great at Octoberfest with all the delicious tempting foods everywhere. I did have one glass of beer because the beer/wine tent we were at only had weird seltzer wines. So beer it was! I did a ton of walking and a ton of sweating, the humidity today was no joke. I’ve hit my 10Kbsteps for the day and I’m currently watching hockey with my boys and icing my foot. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Checkin
    Still not feeling the best but managed to get a shoulder workout in . Wasn't the best but it was something . This flu/cold has left me feeling run down and weak when lifting . BOO I was on a roll with my workouts, just another bump in the road.
    Nutrition was off didn't get all my food in, not much of appetite yet.
    Tomorrow is Thanksgiving celebration here in Canada, I'm hoping to be feeling better to enjoy my family gathering .
    Have a good weekend everyone !!
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    day 4, week 27
    Checking in late because I fell asleep in the recliner tonight. More tired than I thought after a good day. Tomorrow is penny poker Sunday so my weakness may be the dessert. Hopefully the cards will go my way!
    hotmamma - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!! And feel better.
    gigiqueen - sounds like a fun day with Octoberfest and with family! Keep icing and elevating the foot.
    kbranch - good to hear that you are rocking the workouts.
    intotennis - good way to catch more Vitamin D working out in the hard and burn more calories.
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 32

Scheduled rest day but, played 16 holes of golf with cart path only so lot’s of walking.
    Nutrition: Not the best choices but, should stay under calories.

Kbranch – Great to see you posting, we love to hear how things are doing. I think we all have “mental” issues and that’s why we’re here! Keep pushing, I think you’re doing awesome!!!

Giglqueen – Sounds like you did awesome, super control at Octoberfest!!!

Hotmamma – You’re a rock star, not sure I could workout when still feeling sick, don’t be hard on yourself, take it easy and you’ll be back kicking butt! Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

Kahty – Great job working out to the point of sleep! Good luck with your penny poker!

Looks like everyone is tired of the “queen” for the day so I’ll change it up. We are just a little over half way now, it’s time to kick it into high gear!!! Let’s get the most out of the last few weeks, it’s time to bring it!!!!
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    WHAT!!!! I was looking forward to the crown for the week!! That's OK, I'm ready for your next challenge.
    Penny poker was fun with lots of laughs and giggles. But I have to confess that the dessert was Basha's carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I partook (just to be on the thankful to the hostess side) but I left most of the frosting. I have to admit that it actually didn't taste all that great, way too sweet and rich. Normally I would have finished the last bite so I consider the fact that I didn't even want to as a accomplishment and a change in attitude and willpower. Thanks to you all!!!
    Played some fun doubles this morning with 3 friends that I haven't been on the court with for awhile. It was nice and cool temps when we started out.
    intotennis - what a great day for golf
    Keep smiling and pushing through your workouts and meal planning everyone!!! Looking forward to a great new week!
  • kbranch75
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was at Sprouts tonight. For those who are not familiar with the grocery store it's like a retail farmers market, like Trader Joe's. They were wearing a shirt that said "every meal is a choice" promotion healthy eating. Is snacking a meal? Maybe those don't count.

I took today off. Maybe I'll get in a jog tomorrow before work.

Kathy, I'll let you wear one of my crowns. I have a few to spare. Good thing we don't live next to each other. I love carrot cake too!
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Checkin
    Arm workout in this afternoon, starting to feel back to normal .
    Nutrition was on point today and lots of water .
    Sheri please get Kathy a crown
  • Naomisds
    Naomisds Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I had a personally $&@#% week, and I ate way too much today, BUT I am back on board, ready to get serious, and my plan is to do "two-a-days" for the next month or so. Wish me luck that I can physically do it!

In the meantime, it's great to see everyone still pushing forward! Please keep posting your experiences, good and not so good, and let's all keep supporting each other!

Finally, just in case we do continue with this whole "queen" thing: D1, W4.
  • crazychicken2017
    crazychicken2017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Weekend food included some indulging. Back on track today. Monday is my weigh in day and I believe I've lost half a lbs since last week. Since my new scale issue I will register weight when I catch up to what's been reported.

My hubby and I attend a lot of movies. It's been a bit of a struggle not to eat the treats. Sticking with popcorn usually but that's pretty salty. Any suggestions?

Second half reboot. Will step up workout a bit and have veggies ready in frig for healthier food choices.

Let's go everyone. We can do it.
  • intotennis
    Options
    kathyNKCSD wrote: »
    WHAT!!!! I was looking forward to the crown for the week!! That's OK, I'm ready for your next challenge.
    Penny poker was fun with lots of laughs and giggles. But I have to confess that the dessert was Basha's carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I partook (just to be on the thankful to the hostess side) but I left most of the frosting. I have to admit that it actually didn't taste all that great, way too sweet and rich. Normally I would have finished the last bite so I consider the fact that I didn't even want to as a accomplishment and a change in attitude and willpower. Thanks to you all!!!
    Played some fun doubles this morning with 3 friends that I haven't been on the court with for awhile. It was nice and cool temps when we started out.
    intotennis - what a great day for golf
    Keep smiling and pushing through your workouts and meal planning everyone!!! Looking forward to a great new week!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I spoke to soon, you my dear are the Queen!!! Please wear your crown with honors!!!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 43 Monday

Played 90 mins of tennis and completed P90X Triometrix

Nutrition: Okay, should be under calories

Day 4 – Weekly 7

Kathy – So sorry, I must of missed your tallying of days, I also said I was on day 32 instead of 42!!! You deserve the title of “Queen” for the day, congrats on your awesomeness! Good for you to only have a small treat and keeping your willpower strong!

Kbranch - So true, “every meal is a choice” so let’s keep pushing forward to make healthy choices!! (one of my hardest challenges)

Hotmamma – Glad to hear you’re on the mend, excellent job on all counts!

Naomisds – “two a days”, as in workouts? That’s an excellent goal so do your best and forget the rest!

Crazychicken – Adjusting to different scales is difficult so congrats on the loss, how about baby carrots for a snack instead of popcorn or if your home Edamame is awesome!

Half way done Ladies, keep rock it out!!!!
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    So proud of my crown. Thanks!!!!
    Busy day running around. Didn't get a workout in yet but will do my shoulder exercise before retiring for the night. Tomorrow will be a good workout day, looking forward to that. Low on calories all day so I had a good dinner tonight. Still under calories. Food taste better when I'm putting junk food in my system!!
    kbranch -Sprouts has great fresh and unprocessed foods. Very healthy.
    hotmamma - drinking more water should help you recover from your flu faster too. Hope you're almost back to 100%.
    naomi - I'm sure that you can succeed with your 2 a days. Just kept the workouts fun.
    crazychicken - I love the movies too. Sneak your own snacks into the theater and make them healthy choices and control the portions.
    intotennis - first half really feels like it flew by now that we are there. Really am enjoying this and being successful with results and healthy knowledge. Thanks again for getting us going.
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Spanked out 3.5 miles and a quick dog walk. Did very good eating today. Hope everyone is feeling good about themselves. The holidays are around the corner, so let's bust it out now so we can eat.
    Someone get me a turkey, stuffing and pie!

Thanks inspirational ladies!
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Checking in

Nothing special, HI all :) Tomorrow is a new day! 8:20 and I'm heading up to bed to watch a little tv and early lights out.

• Naomisds
    Naomisds Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your crown, Kathy, and nice spanking, Kim! Sounds like you two have it going on! Managed to get my two-a-day in and plan to do it again tomorrow. I ate too much today again, but I did better today than yesterday, and tomorrow I will do better than today! Night all!

D 2, W 8.