October Accountability & Weigh In

Options

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @glassofroses If your BP is significantly different laying down and standing and you experience a lot of dizzy spells (is standing/walking for a long time difficult?) you might do well to look into POTS syndrome. My mom has it. Common doctors don’t usually know too much, but it is easier to diagnose nowadays than when she did.

http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=30
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HW 171
    GW 132
    Oct GW 152
    Oct 2 157.5
    Oct 9 157.5
    Oct 12 155
    Oct 16 155.5 (the bloating caught up with me finally)
    Oct 23
    Oct 30
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 138 LBS

Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    CW: 125.8 (as of this morning!)
    October goal: 120 LBS

SEPT 14: 129.5 LBS
    SEPT 18: 128.8 LBS
    SEPT 22: 127.4 LBS
    SEPT 26: 127.0 LBS
    SEPT 29: 128.2 LBS
    OCT 2: 126.8 LBS
    OCT 4: 125.8 LBS
    MINI VACATION BREAK WITH HUBBY AND FRIENDS
    OCT 11: 128.4 :s (Random weight in later in the day was 127.6!!!)
    OCT 12: 127.2 (yay getting better!)
    OCT 14: 126.4
    OCT 16: 125.2
    OCT 17: 127 (unexplained weight gain)
    OCT 18: 127.2 (well aunt flo came 5 days early so I think I understand the weight gain)
    MINI BREAK FROM WEIGHING MYSELF UNTIL PERIOD ENDS :neutral:
    OCT 19: 127.8 (cheated and weighed myself out of curiosity) :'(:/
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 129lbs
    GW: 136-138lbs

Sept 29: 129.2
    Oct 6: 128.4
    Oct 13: 129.4
    Oct 20: 130.8
    Oct 27:

Had quite the jump in weight this week, a lot of it had to do with my increase in workout volume for sure. Usually I would kind of freak out and scale back the eating, nope.. not this time, all I have to do is look in the mirror to know it is not fat hah. I am sick of taking it too slow in the beginning and wasting so much time barely gaining. I am going to give it another week and then adjust from there.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Oct Goal weight: 112-115

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    October 6-111.2
    October 13-Away
    October 20-112.1
    October 27-

Struggles: Main struggle this week was getting back on track. I also may have injured my knee slightly yesterday due to an increased mileage. I am struggling with how to rehab while still maintaining form for the race (2 weeks away) Real mental head games are afoot.
    Successes: I ran 12 miles tuesday, the most I've ever done and the most I am supposed to do before the race. I felt ok doing it. I managed to get in a great run while away. I didn't eat popcorn at the game. I was scared but I did another dexa scan and was really pleased with the results. I was leaner than I expected and though I did have muscle gain, i was expecting a little more.
    Upcoming week plan: I will follow the training schedule as best as I can. I have to rehab this knee to make sure I can run in two weeks. I have to exercise patience and apply as much focus to the rehab as the training.

Glad to see that a to of people are finding that autumn groove. Congrats to all of you who have gained momentum in your losses or gains.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @glassofroses If your BP is significantly different laying down and standing and you experience a lot of dizzy spells (is standing/walking for a long time difficult?) you might do well to look into POTS syndrome. My mom has it. Common doctors don’t usually know too much, but it is easier to diagnose nowadays than when she did.

http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=30

We've [my GP and I] talked about it but I don't really have any other symptoms other than dizziness which isn't an every time thing but we've always said if it gets any worse we'll do a tilt table. Definitely appreciate the info though because we've never really discussed what any possible outcomes could be. :heart:

I must have been holding a lot of fluid retention from Saturday because I'm still steadily going down. It's cool though because I'm still hitting my macros I've set for myself even if I haven't been able to increase like I planned. I got another migraine twinge last night/this morning in the left eye (Wed was the right) and a bit of IBS pain so I'm a bit off my food/struggling. I had a chickpea curry last night and I was honestly done maybe halfway through it but my calories were way too low for the day so I had to plough my way through. It was really good though, so I didn't mind too much. It's days like that when you're eating pizza (training carbs!) and you just end up resenting bread like it murdered your mother. :lol:
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs

Oct 6th: 165.6 lbs
    Oct 13th: 162.7 lbs
    Oct 16th: 161.2 lbs
    Oct 21st: 160.5 lbs
    Oct 23rd:
    Oct 27th:
    Oct 30th:

October Goal 162

Congratulations @rianneonamission !! Those are great health stats. You've made some serious improvements for your long term health. That is amazing.

@glassofroses ugh migraines are terrrrrrrible! I'm sorry you are going through that right now.
    :(

I have sort of a silent goal of hitting the 150s by next weekend. It's silent because, I would be perfectly happy staying at the weight I'm currently at. I've lost more than I thought I could so far this month. But as us ladies know, its a balancing effort, with hormones and shark week.
    However, hitting the 150s, even just 159.9 would be kind of a welcome present for me. Next weekend I am co-hosting a massive halloween party with some friends. Almost 100 people are coming! I am going to be Poison Ivy from the Batman series. I am really excited about it. I have a friend who is going to be Catwoman, and another friend who is going to be Wonderwoman.
    We have sort of a superhero/villian trio going! I'm so excited.

Have to get lots of homework done now, so I can have fun next weekend. :)
    Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Height: 5"3
    Heaviest weight: 154lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    July SW: 134.7lbs
    August SW: 133.3lbs
    October SW: 133.4lbs
    October GW: 131lbs

Oct 8th - 134lbs
    Oct 22nd - 133.5

I missed last week's weigh in as I was away. Not much movement this week but I'm in a show this week so will probably drop a few pounds from all the extra expended energy!
  • bribucks
    Options
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127lbs
    Ultimate GW: 110lbs

SW (end of Sept): 112.4
    October GW: Ideally, 110. But, I would be happy if I got to 111.

Oct 2: 113.2
    Oct 9: 112.0
    Oct 16: 112.6
    Oct 23: 111.6
    Oct 30:

So close! My logging wasn’t actually the tightest this week, so I’m glad the Scale still went down.

At this point, I’m trying to mentally prepare myself and plan for maintenance/recomp. I’m trying to decide between eating a flat rate of calories each day, or calorie cycling (extra calories on workout days, and a small deficit on other days). It equals out to the same number of calories each week, just trying to decide what’s best.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs

Oct 6th: 165.6 lbs
    Oct 13th: 162.7 lbs
    Oct 16th: 161.2 lbs
    Oct 21st: 160.5 lbs
    Oct 23rd: 158.5 lbs
    Oct 27th:
    Oct 30th:

October Goal 162

Good morning everyone! This weigh in is a big deal for me, and I don't even know if I fully accept it lol. It's still strange to me that I'm losing without doing massive amounts of working out. All summer I was in a gym on a machine at least 5 days a week. Since school has begun my routine has been so different. And I think it has made me extra aware of what I eat because I don't have time to hit the gym regularly and I don't want to lose my progress.

I have just been climbing 2-3x per week (2-3 hour sessions), walking to and from campus (4 days per week, approx .75 mile- 1 mile per day), and not over eating every day (probably averaging between 1300-1400 calories). <
    I know this last part will need to change.

Over summer, my goal was 1800 calories per day, and I achieved steady loss. I reduced my goal to 1600 calories per day, and I know I have been coming in under that. I need to gradually up my calorie intake again, because my body has definitely adjusted to eating less and I know it's not long term sustainable.

I haven't had a pizza in lord knows how long haha. And theres ice cream in my house and I don't even crave it! HOW WEIRD is that?! I crave smoothies, and eggs, toast, fruit, fish tacos, ahi tuna bowls, and SLEEP. LOL its weird nowadays to be so incredibly busy that I don't even have time to think about binging. For me now food is literally fuel. It is an after thought unfortunately on some really busy days. The good thing about that though, is I really am only eating when I'm hungry and I am able to identify when that is better.

Anyways, I am always on the hunt for new recipes. I am still pescatarian (don't eat red meat or chicken). If any of you are veggies, or vegan or even pescatarian like me, or just happen to have some great recipes that don't involve chicken or red meat, please message me! I'm always looking for some new ideas. I need inspiration!

:)

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @brianneangell08 as far as I know, I don't know if one is better than the other. However, I found calorie cycling helped with adherence and recovery (at least when I was in a deficit). I would eat more (mostly carbs) on lifting days as well as weekends. Try different things out and see what makes you feel best and gives you the most optimal gym performance. As long as you are maintaining your weight overall, whatever you choose to do should be fine.
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!!

My last weigh in was Oct 21: 149.5lbs.

I have been as low as 148.5 to as high as 150.5 on my "daily" weigh ins. I am happy with how I look and how my clothes fit, but I would still like to be in the 140s. For 5'8.5 150lb and above just seems to be too much. I have not worked out like I should in the last 2 weeks. So this week I plan to get back into it and try to eat as clean as possible without starving myself.
  • bribucks
    Options
    I was in a car accident today (unfortunately my fault). Dislocated my shoulder and had to pop it back in. Needless to say, that puts a halt on my exercise routine - no lifting for a while.

My car is likely totaled as well. :/ So the next few days are going to be full of the stress of all that.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    @brianneangell08 oh my goodness! I'm so terribly sorry to hear that you were in an accident. My gosh, I know first hand how traumatic that can be. I'm glad that it was not any worse. Please take it easy on yourself, and continue to check in and keep us posted on how you are doing. Sending lots of love and positive prayers your way.
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HW: 186
    SW: 147
    October goal: 145
    Current: 144.6

And, man, was that .4 hard won! I'm just happy to break a barrier I've had for over a year. What is making a difference is not eating after dinner.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Height - 5’10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs

October 1 – 169.4 lbs
    October 3 – 170.2 lbs
    October 6 – 169.0 lbs
    October 10 – 171.4 lbs
    October 13 – 167.0 lbs ???
    October 17 – 169.6 lbs
    October 22 – 169.2
    October 24 –169.0
    October 27 –
    October 31 –

October Goal – 165 166.4 168

I feel like I haven't been here in ages. And I missed it! Life has gotten so busy lately that checking the group got lowered down on my priority list.

I have been logging, but not very tightly. I haven't gained though, so I consider that a win. I've made a better attempt at logging properly these last 2 weeks, so hopefully I can keep that up.

I really wanted to start working out 3 times a week, but right now it's not something I can give my attention to. I think I will bring my workout gear to work and on days when the opportunity arises, go hit the gym, but I'm not going to try to hold myself to a schedule because it won't be successful right now.

Congratulations @2tall4thisworld !! You've had a such a great month! It goes to show that sometimes when you change your perspective on things, it helps the process move along. Keep up the great work!

@brianneangell08 - I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Take things easy on your body, it needs time to recover and it's so important not to overlook that. I hope you feel better and get your car issues sorted out soon.

I'm just headed out the door to work, so I can't post anymore personal messages, but good luck ladies! Keep doing what your doing!! I'll try to post more frequently again. :heart:
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HW 171
    GW 132
    Oct GW 152
    Oct 2 157.5
    Oct 9 157.5
    Oct 12 155
    Oct 16 155.5
    Oct 23 157 (a weekend of no restraint caught up with me)
    Oct 30
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @brianneangell08, That must have been such a shock! I hope you are ok.

ToM + work meal out last night = bloating and water weight. So I am up. Mind you, I've been good so would imagine it will drop off in a few days, so I might check in again in a few days. Sat AM I weighed 163lbs, so I really do think that this is a ToM & sodium induced blip (and a minor one at that).

I went out for a run at lunch time and as I was about to leave I got a few positive comments on the weight I have lost so far, which made me feel rather good!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW October: 166lbs (last September weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    October goal: 162lbs
    Body fat goal for October: 25.8%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    6th Sep: 168.4lbs - Body fat 27%
    13th Sep: 166.6lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    20th Sep: 166.6lbs – Body fat 26.8%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%