Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    redimock wrote: »
    Then I eat ALL of the macadamias..... :smiley:

Man, when I'm rich and famous I will be buying macadamia nuts all the time! Reminds me of this:
    oC0GE9o.png

Sure, but the price to add guac at certain places (such as those rhyming with ih-po-tlay) is ridiculous. I'll still do it occasionally.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Man, when I'm rich and famous I will be buying macadamia nuts all the time! Reminds me of this:
    oC0GE9o.png

This is one of my favorites!!!! I'll be right there with you & the macadamias. $10 for 10 oz at Target definitely makes it a special treat :smiley:
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yuummm...now I'm hungry....Love both of the soup recipes....Will try!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

oC0GE9o.png

I get my macadamia's at costco...it's about 1/2 the price! I have one serving a day (30 grams) and boy do I love them!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    We call those "bolied" peanuts in our house. It's a bit of a joke. I traveled eastern North Carolina for work for years. Every spring when a local road side produce stand would open and the spray painted road signs went up, one of the things sold was "bolied peanuts". Same sign so same spelling. Love me some spicy hot "bolied" peanuts.

I'm not disputing they taste good (once I'm eating the right part of the peanut). I had some with a cajun spice blend of some sort... same brand was sold in all the convenience stores it seemed, and they had regular and cajun. But way too messy to eat while driving.

I didn't think you were. My husband would dispute their "goodness" though. He doesn't like them-indicating peanuts should be crunchy not mushy. :)

I'm with your husband on this one. To me they taste more like wet blotting paper than a legume. Earlier today, my husband and I passed a stand selling "Jumbo Boiled Peanuts." DH's comment: "What's even worse than boiled peanuts? Jumbo boiled peanuts."
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    We call those "bolied" peanuts in our house. It's a bit of a joke. I traveled eastern North Carolina for work for years. Every spring when a local road side produce stand would open and the spray painted road signs went up, one of the things sold was "bolied peanuts". Same sign so same spelling. Love me some spicy hot "bolied" peanuts.

I'm not disputing they taste good (once I'm eating the right part of the peanut). I had some with a cajun spice blend of some sort... same brand was sold in all the convenience stores it seemed, and they had regular and cajun. But way too messy to eat while driving.

I didn't think you were. My husband would dispute their "goodness" though. He doesn't like them-indicating peanuts should be crunchy not mushy. :)

I'm with your husband on this one. To me they taste more like wet blotting paper than a legume. Earlier today, my husband and I passed a stand selling "Jumbo Boiled Peanuts." DH's comment: "What's even worse than boiled peanuts? Jumbo boiled peanuts."

LOL
  • lawsprings22
    lawsprings22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! Noob here, and I am about to go properly wash my lettuce now :)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yee haw!
  • numyummybutter
    numyummybutter Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah, we also make jerky, veggie leathers, and cucumber chips. We spice the chips with garlic and onion powder, and dehydrate those. We mainly use them as dipping chips or crackers, but they're good on their own as well (of course since they're a veggie they have carbs, so we portion them out carefully.)
  • jensedun
    jensedun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for fat bomb recipes? Or more information about them?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I like the site for fat bomb recipes, scroll down past the promotion of her friend's book, and there are first dessert type fat bombs, and second a number of savory fat bombs.
    http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/40-sweet-and-savory-fat-bomb-recipes/

Also not really a fat bomb but close, is take pepperoni, top it with finely grated parma or romano cheese, place in microwave for less than a min. Cheese should be melted and pepperoni crispy. Some microwaves might take longer, mine is pretty powerful.
  • xshandyx
    xshandyx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What a great topic.. Loved everyone's posts.. So informative.. Thank you
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Love all these tips, especially the lettuce washing one. I can't do some of them because I am diary free but it's giving me plenty of ideas.
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great post! Low Carbing certainly makes it necessary to snack. I am reading through the posts for ideas that do not include cheese. I am trying to cut down on cheese. It's so easy for me to eat nothing but cheese all day.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Great post! Low Carbing certainly makes it necessary to snack. I am reading through the posts for ideas that do not include cheese. I am trying to cut down on cheese. It's so easy for me to eat nothing but cheese all day.

Low carb makes it necessary to snack?
    In my case, it makes it easier not to. (Different strokes....!)

Yes, I was wondering about that too... I must say, on this WOE, my instinct to snack has totally disappeared... 'necessary' is not a word I'd consider at all...?

I'm wondering if you don't need to up your proteins, @DivineLotus ? Adequate protein intake should eliminate that desire to snack....
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Low carb makes it necessary to snack?
    In my case, it makes it easier not to. (Different strokes....!)

I tend to prefer snacking small over having big meals. I’m a grazer. Or, if I’m busy and out of the house I don’t usually bring food around with me. I never saw it strange to have snacks... different strokes indeed.
  • LMP329
    LMP329 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Building off of the strawberry cheesecake fat bomb in the link above and experimenting without strawberries but using strawberry/watermelon Mio instead.... so good!