Week 5 Daily Exercise, Weekly Exercise, Chat, and Discussion

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Journal done, exercise done. Been a good day.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

I was on trick or treat duty and only ate 1 fun size twix bar. Very proud of myself for that. Surprisingly we didn't have many kids this year. I ended up donating the extra candy to my martial arts school for when they have events with the kids.

Diary complete: 3/7
    Days under calorie goal: 3/7
    35 mins cardio complete: 3/7
    Miles complete: 4.02/20
    Steps taken: 12,114
    Calories burned: 218
    Active minutes: 50

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Fireside, is your loss usually the morning after a day off from exercising? You are working your body hard and retaining some water to help heal muscles.

I believe the pattern is along the lines of, I work my butt off for a week.. Lose bugger all and get all stroppy about it. Then I have a totally half-a$$ed week. Loose 6.4lb and get a pile of enthusiasm that I pour into the next week in the gym etc.. and so on.. So yes, the pattern fits the profile for sure. :)

Wednesday check in. Busy day, allowed myself to get too busy to eat or workout. Then I ate 1400cal of utterly scrumptious butter chicken from my favorite Indian restaurant. Take that blood sugars.... Kapow!!! Diary is done, calories under. No daily challenge. :blush:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in... have been awol for awhile... quit logging, quit exercising, worked a lot and spent time as possible with family... just a real 2 steps forward, 3 steps back kinda week.

I am back to logging this week, managed to make it thru Halloween w/o touching any of the candy (did have some homemade cookies last night, but no candy). Figured that I had completely trashed everything with pigging out yesterday, got on the scale this morning and I was down 1.5 lbs from yesterday morning... go figure that one out...

Anyway, I completed my diary Monday and Tuesday, but have not done any specific exercising outside of the normal daily routine.

Fyreside - thanks for the nudge, I needed it.

Everybody else looks to be kicking *kitten*, so keep up the good work!!
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to report that I didn't have any Halloween chocolate yesterday!

This new plan I'm on is kicking my butt. It's not that hard, really, and hey, I was able to take a workout class without worsening my knee injury (which is pretty much 90% better by now, just like I'd thought - it doesn't even really hurt at this point, for the most part, just feels kinda funny), but I have to eat so frequently that it's hard to keep up, and I have a VERY hard time drinking all the water I'm supposed to drink. The point of all this is to keep me too full to go for junk food - it works, but it's hard. Which makes it pretty enjoyable.

I'm trying to change my sleep schedule so I can get up earlier, though, and...that's having some side effects. I fell out of bed when I tried to get up this morning...whoops. Decided to take the day off school because...that does not qualify as being okay to drive two hours to get home from this campus.

There's nothing all that interesting going on with me right now though. I'm mostly just waiting for the weekend after this one, because that's when I've got two races coming up. Should be a lot of fun.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Been battling the fatigue again this week - really has me bummed out. I needed to go to the store today and ended up taking a caffeine pill to get by. I bought a bunch of probiotic stuff including — Goat Milk Kefir — yeah it sounds hideous! But who knows, maybe my GI will love it and give me the boost I need. My exercise today was walking around the grocery store, but it’s actually more than I thought I would be able to manage. I’ve been too weak to Yoga or get much done, the housework is backed up, everything is waiting on me just trying to meet the priorities for now.

I made it through Halloween without and trick-or-treat candy. Huzzah! We had over 100 kids come by last night. My daughter and her boyfriend were here in costume having some games setup and stuff for the kids. It was a great lively night. It has been a really nice fall here, had a lot of fun this year.

My health has been doing seriously so much better since starting this challenge, so I am trying to get back on track and carefully going through my food logs to figure out where I went wrong. At least I know now that I can feel better and have energy, so that’s huge. I’m up 4lbs this week already and am a bit gobsmacked by that, but maybe I can turn it around and get back to doing good again.

Now to resist eating leftover candy — gotta pack off those mini chocolate bars with the kids and to the husbands work. They’re not safe around me.
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Diary and exercise completed 10,388 with 80 squats 64 oz of water
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Diary done, all good. Exercise done. Beautiful day here.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Diary done for yesterday. No exercise besides normal daily routines.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Update for Wednesday. I had a huge amount of homework to do yesterday and was chained to my desk for the most part yesterday which meant working out wasn't happening. Also went over my calorie goal by a bit. Trying to stay under my calorie goal today but have 3 hours of classes I need to prep for so exercise may nit happen today either. Will check in later.

Diary complete: 4/7
    Days under calorie goal: 3/7
    35 mins cardio complete: 3/7
    Miles complete: 4.02/20
    Steps taken: 8601
    Calories burned: 0
    Active minutes: 0
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Running a bit late with my Thursday check in.. But it's super handy living in the future because it's still Thursday for you folks :D

Diary done with calories under, had a bit of fun in the kitchen and cooked up my favorite all purpose savory beef mince dish. And made some rosemary croccantini crackers for snacks (Danger-Snack Alert) Exercise done.

Glad you're back on track dragon.
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished with 14,074 steps and 40 squats 5 min arm workout
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Diary done, calories good, 60 minutes yoga, good day!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Diary done, calories way under - lousy food choices for the day, but kept it in check on calories.

Will be doing squats and push-ups every hour today for my exercise.
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished
    14,448 steps
    Cardio-1.5 miles
    Weights-triceps, back, legs
    Sit-ups-crunches, sit-ups, clam shells
    All totaling 125 reps
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Diary done, no formal exercise, drizzly day in Oklahoma
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    On the road today, toured a college for my son. They went over everything but what they had to offer in the way of education. Everything was about ‘making the student comfortable’ at all times. It’s a different world than the one I grew up in for sure.

I think I’m going to try IF again with a low-ish carb approach. I just can’t seem to shift any actual fat. I can lower the scale a bit, then it goes back up a bit, then down a bit - but the spare tire remains totally untouched and looking no worse for the wear. I felt awful on low carb last time, but I think I had too much protein and needed a little fruit, veggies and more fat.

Had a flare up with my IBD this week, so weigh in will be skewed anyway from inflammation. I really felt like giving up this week. I’m pretty tired of logging, “I don’t feel well - or feeling sick” - I think I just bring everyone down with such negativity. I keep trying new things but it difficult sometimes to have the energy. I was very dissapointed Friday because I was supposed to be out at the fort (National Park) volunteering and woke up and couldn’t hardly walk and was quite terrified I couldn’t get to the restroom in time because I was in so much pain. I had promised them I would be there, made a commitment, had my uniform ready, and to say ‘oh I don’t feel well’ — sounds like an excuse and copout, like I don’t care and don’t take commitments seriously. I had promised myself that this time no matter what I wouldn’t miss it, no matter how bad I felt, but I couldn’t walk and had difficulty just making it to the medicines I take for a flare up. I had to admit I’m getting worse not better - but over all, yeah I guess that’s just how it is.

I am going to try to be there tomorrow, to make up the time. I used to run the trails and patrol them but now have a walking stick and have reconciled not being able to do that just now, but I can walk (gosh I hope so anyway). It could be worse though, gotta keep the chin up.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I didn't start this week very well but I feel as though I have ended strong. I came in 82 minutes under the cardio goal, and I'm 492 steps under my weekly goal but my best days were at the end. As for the miles, I'm really not sure how we are tracking that. During my workouts I got 13.75 miles, but all my steps put me at 72.56. That being the case, I assume we're only counting workout miles. So I came in under my goals but I also came in under my calorie goals, so not bad.

I'm going back to upper and lower body toning instead of just cardio. I think it'll help me burn off more fat and inches. We'll see. One thing I want to prove is that it is possible to lose weight over the holidays :)
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Diary done, couldn't find any exercise classes on Saturday and Sunday, walked into gym thinking surely I'd find something to do.
    Lots of good looking guys lifting weights, so I found an exercise bike where I had a perfect view and enjoyed my bike ride!
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Ah! Made some terrible food choices Friday and yesterday. Can already tell I gained overall. Definitely failed the weekly challenge as well unfortunately. Oh well getting back into the swing of things from this morning.