Leslie Sansone November 2017 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
The November Walk Challenge starts very soon, so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in the crisp cool days of November. For those who are enjoying the wonderful cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs. For those walkers who live where there is more rain, or perhaps snow, the DVDs are a tremendous help when it is impossible to get outside for a walk.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs by various instructors. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps or minutes. However you get your walk in, or however you like to keep track of it come on in and join us! Post your miles, minutes, or steps that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good! In fact it is much more than 'good', it is quite awesome and wonderful o:) .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles, minutes, or steps that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge somewhere in the middle of the month, or even near the end, it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in, and let's start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... and maybe a jacket, as we begin to walk into November 2017!

Let us walk with thankful hearts <3 .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Happy November everyone!

Last month I was .10 miles short of 90 miles. I'll make that my goal for November. I know I have 2 tricky days this month with a road trip. 12 hours there and back in 3-4 day period so I'll need to get either a good job on my walking or finish extra strong.
    Anyone in Ohio, Pennsylvania or New Jersey? I'll wave to you as I drive by. ;)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Wave to me Deeder522! I am in Southern Ohio!

I do not know what to put as a goal for this months miles. Golf will be less and less. I think I may reduce my miles to 50 for the month and go from there.

Happy November Walkers!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Going for 40 miles this month. Thanksgiving week is tricky, as we all know.

We can do this!

November 17th is National Take a Hike Day. So I guess that means we walkers can proudly say WE'VE been doing that for a lot more than one day out of the year! :D

Walk on and Walk Strong, WALKERS!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: 40 miles
    Nov 1, 2 miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    November 1st: 3 miles - Walk Your Belly Flat

Awwww... thanks for all the 'awesome' likes on the welcome post. I do enjoy doing them, and making sure there are fun emojis scattered around <3 for the cute factor also ;) .

Can't believe it is November already.

Walk happy! :flowerforyou:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Goals for November
    - 120 miles
    - 15 days over 10,000 steps
    - 80 oz of water per day
    - Leslie Sansone DVD 3 x's per week

This week - 10 mins each day on mini trampoline, curling starts next week and my legs are so not ready!!

Nov 1 - 1.86 miles - tried a new recipe with ground turkey. Yummy! :)
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    November 2nd: 3 miles - Walking Off the Pounds

@Lilymay2, "10 mins each day on mini trampoline" is an awesome goal. Enjoy curling! I love to watch when curling is on the winter Olympics. That is where I first learned about curling many years ago.

Walk Happy :laugh: !

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Goal: 40 miles

November 1: 2
    November 2: 2
    November 3:
    November 4:
    November 5:
    November 6:
    November 7:
    November 8:
    November 9:
    November 10:
    November 11:
    November 12:
    November 13:
    November 14:
    November 15:
    November 16:
    November 17:
    November 18:
    November 19:
    November 20:
    November 21:
    November 22:
    November 23:
    November 24:
    November 25:
    November 26:
    November 27:
    November 28:
    November 29:
    November 30:
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Happy November Everyone!
    I am keeping my goal@ 80miles the same as October.
    11-1: 5.06
    11-2: 0.00

Hope everyone enjoys their November walks/journeys/adventures

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    2/50
    2 Mile Walk This Way
  • AnnofB
    Options
    November 1: 2
    November 2: 2
    November 3: 1
    November 4:
    November 5:
    November 6:
    November 7:
    November 8:
    November 9:
    November 10:
    November 11:
    November 12:
    November 13:
    November 14:
    November 15:
    November 16:
    November 17:
    November 18:
    November 19:
    November 20:
    November 21:
    November 22:
    November 23:
    November 24:
    November 25:
    November 26:
    November 27:
    November 28:
    November 29:
    November 30:
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Happy November Everyone!
    I am keeping my goal@ 80miles the same as October.
    11-1: 5.06
    11-2: 0.00
    11-3: 5.07

Hope everyone enjoys their November walks/journeys/adventures

exercise.png

Today i seen a coyote & dropped my water everywhere :(:o:'(
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    zicab, have fun on your trip to NY! I live in the Catskill Mtns-- Upstate. I love the Fall here! The only thing I dislike is when it gets too cold for me and my dog, Annie to walk. But I'll get by with my DVD's and hope for an early Spring!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    I cannot believe it is November already! Where has this year gone!
    November Goal 3.0 miles or 90 miles/mo (Leslie at least 2 X/week)

I always look forward to your introductions texasgardnr because you have such cute emojis in them and I am obviously also a fan of them! You also always have some cute little sentence in them that makes me giggle like lace up those walking shoes and get some water... and maybe a jacket! :laugh: Of course we know that in some places, like Canada where Lilymay is, maybe we need to lace up our boots and zip into that parka! :noway: In any event, we appreciate that you start us off every month-thank you! :flowerforyou:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

@zichab, Awwww :blush: , such a sweet comment! Thanks to the code list for our original mfp emojies I get to use them also :laugh: ! I like seeing your use of emojies also! I sometimes forget how cold living up north really is, even though I grew up in Pennsylvania and moved to NY state for a year in the '80s. Here in south central Texas our winters can range from short sleeve to maybe a warm jacket or a few days of coat weather. We often get our first, and sometimes only freeze around Thanksgiving. And sometimes we even get some, for us, "deep" freezes dropping into the teens for several days :noway:.

I even had to dig out a sweat shirt last week! And that was still in October :noway:. It was sure nice while it lasted, but now the air conditioner is back on and, sadly :sad: , I had to close up the windows again. I never know when it is safe to plant pansies or other cool weather flowers :grumble: .

Enjoy your time in NY!

• texasgardnr
    Options
    @bgoddess2003, We are happy that you are back :) . Start out slowly - as you are planning, and it will only get better from there! We shall be looking forward to your posts <3 .

@doosalily15, that is an awesome and fun ticker! It's been a long time since I used a ticker, and I used to have fun changing up the themes and colors also. I would've dumped my water also if I saw a real coyote :noway: .

Welcome! @dawnmarie57, congratulations on the weight loss with your new diet plan o:) ! Happy that you are getting ready dust off your LD DVDs! Just pick the 'easier' one mile walks and you will surprise yourself as you get stronger and gain back your stamina.
    I'm 67 now :noway: , so I truly understand wanting to stay as healthy as possible so that we can age well. You can do this!
    And... I had lost track of keeping myself healthy and backslid into comfort food and stopped exercising a while ago, and I had to go back to a few tried and true one mile walks when I came back earlier this year. So I understand, as do others here. We slide back sometimes, but we don't dare quit forever B) .

You can do this!! We will be cheering you on. Again... welcome :p .

November 4: 3 miles - Start! Walking at Home.

Walk with strength!

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    8.11/50

6.11 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Quote: zichab: I am excited to know that Nov 17 is National Take a Hike Day AnnofB because I am heading to NY for Thanksgiving, so now I am planning a mountain hike for the following Friday, Nov 24 in celebration! One week late should be OK right? I am actually anxious to see the mountain ranges with the leaves off the trees. There is snow on the high peaks already, but I'll hike a smaller one and just look at the snow from afar.

I spoke with the head of the Take A Hike Day and he gave his permission for you to take a hike one week late. But he did say, "Don't let that happen again!" :D:D You are doing great. Sounds really beautiful up there.

bdgoddess2003, Welcome back. You've got a plan and thats a good portion of the battle. :smiley:

doosalily15, Love that ticker. Well done on your mileage for the month.

DawnMarie57, congratulations on your loss! Awesome! You can do this. :smile: