Kirkland Macadamias - gone the way of the dodo?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    Brazil nuts are 1/2 cost of macadamia and come raw. They got better stats in my opinion. Check em out.
    You should limit the amount of Brazil nuts you eat a day due to the high selenium content. They are also high in radium. A few a day are good but you shouldn't eat handfuls of them.

https://superfoodly.com/brazil-nuts-selenium-and-radiation-poisoning-dangers/

• LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Are these Cello Whisps really as great as everyone says they are? I have yet to find them. All I've seen are Moon Cheese, which are good! But expensive as well.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I personally like the Whisps better than the Moon cheese but have only tried the parmesan ones which were a little strong. I enjoyed using them as croutons on a salad for that crunch factor.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Are these Cello Whisps really as great as everyone says they are? I have yet to find them. All I've seen are Moon Cheese, which are good! But expensive as well.

They're great - Costco has already run a couple good promotions for them (~33% discounts), so the can be gotten for a more reasonable price.

Like Macadamias, the trick, I think, is to eat them sparingly when you need something small and light to tide you over!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @LolaDeeDaisy23 I fear I'm the only person who doesn't like Whisps (or any Parmesan crisp for that matter). They upset my stomach. Interestingly enough I can eat Parmesan cheese all day long but baked into a crisp and it changes. it's heavy and greasy and I just don't enjoy them. That said, EVERYBODY else loves them so give them a go.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I might need to try the Whisps.

Also, whatever happened to the Quest-like Kirkland protein bars? Are those gone as well? I'm not a Costco member (Sam's club though) but had ordered them online in the past.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    My Costco is great about meeting requests for new items or ones that they've sold-out of. Talk to the customer service desk, they'll probably order more if you put in a request.