RE: Online Dating....don't you hate it when.................

Options
1235»

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    I was actually told once that no guy will want to be with someone who makes as much money as I do (which I am pretty sure they grossly over estimated how much I do make) and who is as independent as me, men want to feel like men. I was very shocked by his comment.

I had another guy who expected me to pay for everything, like all the time. He lived at home (which there's nothing wrong with) without a job, or even caring to look for one, and still borrowed the car from his mom. He just didn't have any ambition to do anything - which is very opposite of me.

For women, it's almost like be successful, but not too successful - still make less than your partner does, ...

I don't know where this comes from, but I'm guessing it came from some dude who doesn't feel adequate and is intimidated by someone who does. I think it's amusing that the only way that guy feels like a man is if the people around him are less successful than he is. I, personally, am the opposite. A successful, independent woman is exactly what I'm looking for. Now that doesn't mean I expect her to pay for dinner!. . I always pay for dinner. . If we get married, she can pay for dinner sometimes. .

Yeh I'm not sure of the situation which lead him to this comment . . . but I was still very shocked that he said it.

Also . . . if you get married, and she pays for dinner. . . doesn't it go that whatever is hers is yours, and yours is hers? So . . . you're still paying for dinner lol.
  • lkaoki
    lkaoki Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't know where this comes from, but I'm guessing it came from some dude who doesn't feel adequate and is intimidated by someone who does. I think it's amusing that the only way that guy feels like a man is if the people around him are less successful than he is. I, personally, am the opposite. A successful, independent woman is exactly what I'm looking for. Now that doesn't mean I expect her to pay for dinner!. . I always pay for dinner. . If we get married, she can pay for dinner sometimes. .

I don’t mind a guy paying for dinner , but if we become serious and become boyfriend/girlfriend, I would feel awkward having him pay all the time. In the past, I’d take my boyfriend on a date and take care of the bill. I think they appreciate it.
  • Viking_Batman
    Viking_Batman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I hate it when you have been dating 6 weeks and felt smitten about the person only to find out they are still actively using POF and updating their profile, there is no sense of loyalty any more