Height: 5'7"
    SW: 129lbs
    GW: 140lbs
    November goal: 134lbs (trend)

Nov 3- 133lbs
    Nov 10 -132.2lbs
    Nov 17 -
    Nov 24 -

Feeling good. Workouts are going really well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)
  • bosswitch
    bosswitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HW: 167lbs
    GW: 120lbs
    Nov goal: 155lbs

Nov 6- 166 lbs (birthday weekend. Lots of food and booze meant bloating at weigh in)
    Nov 13 -
    Nov 20 -
    Nov 27 -

New to the group but I'm just getting back on the bandwagon and want to have some accountability buddies. Plan is to maintain 750 cal deficit daily, eat 25g of fibre and work out at least 5 days
  • rachls77
    rachls77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Well done everyone on your successes!

Height: 5ft 6
    SW: 140lb
    CW: 128lb
    GW: 119lb

Aim for November: to get under 9 st (126lb) and at least stay there until the end of the month.

3rd Nov: 128lb
    12th Nov: 125.2lb!! (Nov goal reached)

It’s been a strange couple of weeks! Had tonsillitis which completely flattened me! I’m very rarely ill (like to put it down to my mostly plant based diet!) so this took me by surprise. I got to 126lb, just because I couldn’t really eat much although I did try. I then had to go on a six day residential trip with Year 5 and 6. Canteen food so no way to weigh or measure what I was eating. I was tired and fed up at times (due to still feeling poorly and missing my own children) so topped up my meals with sweets and biscuits - a lot of them! Felt bloated and was convinced I’d be 4 or 5 pound heavier when I got home. Weighed the morning after I got home (yesterday) and I was 1lb up (127lb). Ate within my 1200 cal budget yesterday, did 20000 steps, drunk plenty of water and this morning I’m over a pound down and finally seeing 8st 13.2! (125.2).

My original November target was to get under 126 and stay there. Ideally I’d like to drop another pound or two this month and get to 123, but I’d still be happy to stay under 126. A happy me for now!

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I read recently that to lose weight properly and not too quickly --- so your body doesn't go into starvation mode, to create a 20% calorie deficit. So what calories you need to eat to support your daily expenditure minus 20%. That turned out for me to be around 1400 calories a day. I was too hungry at 1200 a day and kept cheating. Now that I am eating 1400, I find it easier to "behave" and can even sneak in a treat some days.

From what I’ve read on these forums, starvation mode is a myth. That being said, 20% is still great to shoot for - too high of a deficit usually isn’t sustainable, and people end up cheating and binging!
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Heaviest weight: 154lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    July SW: 134.7lbs
    August SW: 133.3lbs
    September SW: 134lbs
    October SW: 133.4lbs
    November SW: 131.8lbs
    November GW: 130lbs

November 5 - 131.9lbs
    November 12 - 132.3lbs

Oh dear. Definitely putting this one down to beer!
  • active_kate
    active_kate Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'8"
    Heaviest Weight: 205 lbs (back in College when I was bulking)
    Starting Weight: 202 lbs (put on 40lbs of fat after immigrating)
    Ultimate goal: 155-165 lbs (whenever the abdominal fat is gone)
    Current Weight: 186.4 lbs
    November Goal: 171 lbs

Nov 1: 194.4 lbs
    Nov 8: 188.4 lbs
    Nov 13: 186.4 lbs
  • active_kate
    active_kate Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    From what I’ve read on these forums, starvation mode is a myth. That being said, 20% is still great to shoot for - too high of a deficit usually isn’t sustainable, and people end up cheating and binging!

Starvation mode isn't a "myth" so much as the situations in which it happens and it's effects are misunderstood. When humans go low carb, we go ketogenic - this is starvation mode, and as long as we get sufficient electrolytes, vitamins, and essential amino acids (the ones we can't make ourselves), we can live off our fat reserves as long as they last without side effects much beyond low blood pressure and low energy.

With significant weight loss, we don't starve so much as adapt.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1108368

On average, when people lost weight with caloric restriction, their metabolism would drop about 6% more than would be explained by the loss in weight. For Obese patients, it's a bit more - it went up to about 10%. It's not "starvation mode", just the body getting better at burning calories (the same kind of thing that happens when people have less oxygen).

For a 30 year old healthy woman of average height (5'5"), at a middle-of-the-road BMI (21.6), the difference between someone who has recently lost weight and someone who has not will be around 110 calories.

The more weight was lost with exercise rather than fasting, the lower the difference will be. I don't know if losing the weight in bursts instead of running a deficit every day would make the effect worse or better - intermittent fasting on it's own (without a net calorie loss) doesn't cause metabolic adaptation, so I would guess that it would be better, but I haven't been able to find a study that tested that.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I feel terrible about going AWOL the last few weeks, but life got insanely busy and I simply couldn't manage to log everyday let alone weigh in or go on the chats! Here is my back log of information. I hope we can all support each other through the holidays, I know I can't be the only one who struggles with eating poorly this time of year...

Special love going out to @rianneonamission and @mrssunshine78 in their time of loss.

HW: 151lbs
    November Goal Weight: 122-124 lbs

10/28: 122lbs
    11/4: 124 lbs (I knew staying at 122 lbs was too good to be true!)
    11/11: 125lbs
    11/18:
    11/25:
    12/2:
    12/9:
    12/16:
    12/23:

It looks like I need to change gears again as I somehow managed to gain a bunch of weight back! It was soooo amazing to be at 122lbs for 4 days, I only wish it could have lasted! I am back to eating at a deficit to try and get back down to 122-124lbs. Wish me luck!
  • michumetamorphosis
    Options
    Been a good week for me. I started doing yoga again. I'm a little sore, but feeling good.
    I've lost some weight this week, however I am sure it's water weight. My pants are a bit more breathable haha.. Small Victories.

Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 160 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 124 - 127 LBS
    Current Weight: 134 LBS
    November Goal: 126 LBS

Nov 6: 134 LBS
    Nov 13: 130 LBS
    Nov 20:
    Nov 27:

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 125.8
    November Goal: 123 LBS

Nov 1: 125.8
    Nov 4: 125
    Nov 8: 126
    Nov 14: 125.8
  • percate
    percate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    SW November: 154
    November goal: 150
    Long term goal: 135-140 (pre-pregnancy weight)

Nov 1: 154
    Nov 8: 152.8
    Nov 13: 157.2 (not so great...pretty sure a chunk of this is bloat from some high sodium meals eaten while traveling)
    Nov 20:???
    Nov 27:???

I've been doing great with exercise, but having a hard time keeping my food choices consistently good. But Christmas is coming up and we are going to visit family and I don't want to be lugging around all this post-baby weight for a second holiday season! Hoping tracking and some more group accountability will help me stay on track.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs
    SW October - 169.4 lbs

November 1 – 167.9 lbs (168.2)
    November 6 – 166.4 lbs – officially 20 lbs lost!!!!! :smiley: (166.8)
    November 8 - 169.6 lbs (166.8)
    November 14 - 167.4 lbs (166.7)
    November 22 -
    November 29 -

November Goal - 165 lbs

Hi everyone,
    So I'm switching up my game a little bit. I used to not fluctuate too much on my weigh-ins, so I just went with my scale number. But this month I've had crazy fluctuation. Each day I'm jumping up or down 3-4 lbs. I know a number of girls here use their trend weight or moving average, so I think I'm going to make a switch to that. It's just too crazy to monitor movement when my day-to-day numbers are so wild.

So for this month, my scale weight is listed with my moving average in brackets. Next month I'm going to do just moving average. I weigh and record in Happy Scale daily (or try to at least), so it's a much better representation of where I'm at. And making it my goal to have my moving average at a weight feels more real than just having a one-off low weigh in.

I've also decided to be more lenient with my goals. I'm going to aim for 2 lbs a month instead of 4. My birthday's in May and if I lose 2 a month until then, I'll be 155ish for my 30th, which would be pretty amazing! I've never been that low but I feel like it's something I can do. And 2 lbs a month feels more sustainable for that long term of a goal.

I'm so behind on catching up on everyone else, and there's a lot of new people I haven't got to know yet. I'll do my best to be more involved in the coming weeks/months. But today I have to dash unfortunately :disappointed:

Lots of love and good will to everyone! :heart:
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    KelseyRL wrote: »
    So for this month, my scale weight is listed with my moving average in brackets. Next month I'm going to do just moving average. I weigh and record in Happy Scale daily (or try to at least), so it's a much better representation of where I'm at. And making it my goal to have my moving average at a weight feels more real than just having a one-off low weigh in.

I’ve come to the same realization myself! Wish I started doing that earlier, honestly.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options

Height - 5'7"
    SW: 147.6
    November Goal: 146

Nov 1: 147.6
    Nov 8: 146.6
    Nov 15: 146.7

I'm taking a cue from @KelseyRL, as I've had the same problems with the scale this month! Also, today I weighed myself 4 or 5 times and got a completely different number each time.. is my scale broken??
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Nov Goal Weight: 112-115-Maintenance
    Fitness goal-Complete Strong Curves and rehab

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    Start of Nov-111

November 3: 110.6
    November 10: 112.1-shark week
    November 17:
    November 24:
    Successes: staying with the program of physio, eating relatively well, getting enough sleep
    Struggles: getting in my cardio and icing my knee. Just takes so long!
    Upcoming week plan: Getting in 3 days of strong curves and running 3 miles
    I’ve been traveling and work has been hectic. I’ve been off on everything and just need to get my head back in the game. Lots of licks, bites and tastes that’ll not logging.
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SW October- 145 lbs
    SW November- 150lbs

Nov 1st- 150 lbs
    Nov 7th- 148 lbs
    Nov 15th- 147 lbs
    Nov 23rd-
    Nov 30th-

November Goal 147 lbs ✔
    New november Goal: 144 lbs
    -
    I just reached my november goal of 147 lbs! however theres still 15 days left of the month, so I think im going to aim for 144 lbs next! hehe
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My weigh in is tomorrow. I cheated a little this week and also missed a workout, but I went down a notch on my belt, so I think there may be another drop in the lbs. :)
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Height - 5’3”
    Goal 108 to 110

HW - 132 lbs
    SW August – 132lbs (weight gain due to IVF, mostly water)
    SW September – 112.4 lbs
    SW October - 112.4 lbs

November 6 – 112.4 lbs (another IVF cycle, started to inject for only 2 days
    November 17 -112.9 lbs
    November 22 -
    November 29 -
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5’5, 39 year old

3/11 62.1kg
    10/11 62.7kg
    17/11 61.6kg

Bit of a shock weigh in this morning, I’ve hardly done any exercise and my diet hasn’t been fantastic, better than the last couple of weeks, but not great. My goal for November is now 61kg, will see how I go this week!!