Looking for some friends who Keto

Options
Hey everyone!

Looking to add some friends who are also doing keto...as I'm struggling and could use some motivation and also some ideas on meals and such.

Add me! :)

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hi apart from this group you could also join the Keto one. Lots of people are in both and use both and there is a lot of support and help in both. Join and take a look! :)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I have fairly boring meals really, but I have been under 20 g of carbs a day for a while, and I have had success losing weight and controlling blood glucose.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm keto, and my diary is open.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm keto and am prepping for my first bodybuilding competition! Feel free to add me too :smile:
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am Keto and doing great, my diary is open to friends.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm Keto but don't track any more.
    I love to cook. I've found that the key to stayin Keto, for me, is that I get creative in the kitchen! Instead of having built in cheat days, I opt for making alternatives For tomorrow, I've made a Keto pumpkin cheesecake, that way I'm not tempted by all the pies people bring! Making my own green beans, mashed cauliflower, and a gravy made from heavy whipping cream.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm keto as well, since Oct 1st. My diary is open, but I eat pretty simple and boring. I want to get under 200 before I start exploring recipes. I do have a folder with some delicious recipes I hope to try soon. Today, for Thanksgiving, I'm going to try making pumpkin bars, in place of pumpkin pie. I'll have mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes. I was going to make keto giblet gravy, but it's just me and my kids and they don't care for gravy that much. So sour cream and butter will have to do! The kids will have cranberry sauce and I might have a tiny bite of that. And turkey is keto-fantastic! So I'll have double helpings of that!

Not sure how long you've been at it. If not long, don't try the fancy recipes yet if you're struggling. You don't want to become so frustrated, you give up. Figure out what foods you like the most, simple and easy to prepare, and make those your mainstay. I know it's boring and repetitive, but its also stress-free. Once you've been at it long enough and know how your body is responding, then gradually add new foods/recipes. Too many times, people come in with an all or nothing mindset and quickly burn out.
  • IMPAQ
    IMPAQ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm keto since August. My macros have been on point lately. I track regularly and my diary is open to friends. Could use some inspiration on my feed, so feel free to add me. :)
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am doing Keto w/fasting
    My diary is open to friends
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My friend's list is exclusively keto or low carb folks. I log and stick to 20g-30g carbs/day.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request!
  • crissya7979
    crissya7979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fellow Keto WOE also!! Feel free to add me.
  • klenz525
    klenz525 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keto enthusiast here! Feel free to add me :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Started out keto in March. Also eating following a 16:8 schedule. Log my meals every day. Not as strict about keto now - but still usually less than 50 grams of carbs per day. My diary is open to friends.

I have a few keto/low carb recipe ideas that I have tried. Hit me up for those when you are ready

Add me as a friend if you like.
  • amyrising
    amyrising Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi apart from this group you could also join the Keto one. Lots of people are in both and use both and there is a lot of support and help in both. Join and take a look! :)

Where is the other Keto group located? I would love to join that one as well! Thanks!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    amyrising wrote: »

Where is the other Keto group located? I would love to join that one as well! Thanks!

Hi, if you go into Community then Groups you will see a small block on the right hand side and it says groups and search and also a line below says 'browse groups', hit that and you will be taken to the page with the most popular groups. Keto is about 7 down. There is no point doing the 'search groups' option as that just searches the word and there are pages and pages! You just need to request to join and say why, then you will see it in your groups section just like you see the lowcarb one now. You can be in both.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I"m keto too and try to stay around 20 NET carbs a day. Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend although my diary is pretty basic and boring. ;-)
  • vmchavira
    vmchavira Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...keto here...
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, keto, but also OMAD (one meal a day). Diary is open to friends, although I tend to eat the same thing every week. :smile:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    amyrising wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
    Maybe too late but here's the link for anyone else who's interested. :wink: