Looking for some friends who Keto

Options
2»

Replies

• PrimalForLife
    PrimalForLife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - doing Keto and IF with resistance training and general fitness!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, keto, but also OMAD (one meal a day). Diary is open to friends, although I tend to eat the same thing every week. :smile:

How does that work? Do you eat a ton of calories at once? I can handle 3 with snacks in between, but I don't know if I can handle eating 1200+ calories at one sitting. Very interesting!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options

How does that work? Do you eat a ton of calories at once? I can handle 3 with snacks in between, but I don't know if I can handle eating 1200+ calories at one sitting. Very interesting!

It's not that hard. Most of the keto foods I eat are really high calorie for small amounts. Butter on veggies, cheese, and high fat meats to name a few. I don't always eat up to 1200 cals a day but never on purpose and usually I make up those calories on the weekend where I tend to eat more or shift into 18:6 IF. I started OMAD mainly because of my schedule and the fact that I just didn't have time to go home for lunch anymore and no fridge access to bring one. I have never been a breakfast eater to begin with and unless I'm bored, I'm not a snacker. It's working pretty well so far. :) 30 lbs down in a little over 2 months :smiley:

I also like large meals though. That helps.

• Jigglypuff00
    Options

It's not that hard. Most of the keto foods I eat are really high calorie for small amounts. Butter on veggies, cheese, and high fat meats to name a few. I don't always eat up to 1200 cals a day but never on purpose and usually I make up those calories on the weekend where I tend to eat more or shift into 18:6 IF. I started OMAD mainly because of my schedule and the fact that I just didn't have time to go home for lunch anymore and no fridge access to bring one. I have never been a breakfast eater to begin with and unless I'm bored, I'm not a snacker. It's working pretty well so far. :) 30 lbs down in a little over 2 months :smiley:

I also like large meals though. That helps.

Thank you for your reply! I know I'm not there yet. I still get hungry in the morning, and I have managed a couple times a week to do a 16/8 IF, but I know I can't do a full week of it yet. It's like I feel lost if I don't have breakfast in the morning! LOL! But I would love to be able to eat just one meal a day and forget about it after!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply! I know I'm not there yet. I still get hungry in the morning, and I have managed a couple times a week to do a 16/8 IF, but I know I can't do a full week of it yet. It's like I feel lost if I don't have breakfast in the morning! LOL! But I would love to be able to eat just one meal a day and forget about it after!

Nah, you don't want to do that, food is also fun!! :)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options

LOL...true! But if I didn't have to worry about preparing, cooking, and then eating, there is a lot else I could be doing!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

LOL...true! But if I didn't have to worry about preparing, cooking, and then eating, there is a lot else I could be doing!

That's very true! :)
  • jldhaney
    jldhaney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started Keto in September! Always welcoming new friends!
  • nhoffman7788
    nhoffman7788 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I an long-time ketoer. I don't really track food anymore though, aside from weighing in.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I an long-time ketoer. I don't really track food anymore though, aside from weighing in.

The photos are telling. Thanks for sharing.