Santa Sprint! Week 1 (12/1-12/7)

Options

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    1 out of 2 days getting in my water - not bad for me for a start!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    1 out of 2 days getting in my water - not bad for me for a start!

It’s so important in these dry winter months, too! I notice I’ve been drinking a lot more water (and fresh-brewed iced tea, my favorite)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Dec 2

Carbs. 33–ok, but too high on sugar. Thanks,
    Gluhwein!

Exercise. 48 mins of walking at 4.2 mph pace

How’s everyone else doing? Today is decorating day around here. Have to wait for my baby to come back from Uni before the tree goes up but I’m trying to get everything else clean and twinkly. Will probably walk down the river to one of the smaller Christmas markets before it gets dark at 3 -effing- o’clock.
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    December Goals:

Log daily.
    Carbs under 25 or less
    Calories under 1800 or less
    Water 90 oz/day
    Electrolytes
    Making step goal each day. 1st week's goal is 12,705

12/01
    Logged: Yes
    Carbs: 24
    Calories: 1710
    Water: 80 oz
    Electrolytes: Y
    Step Goal: no - 1164

12/02
    Logged: Yes
    Carbs: 33 - oops!
    Calories: 1939 - oops!
    Water: 80 oz.
    Electrolytes: Y
    Step Goal: no - 1504

Got to get things under control. My days and nights have been mixed up for weeks. Am struggling to get back to waking at 4 AM and going to bed at 9 PM. Currently I am waking at Noon and going to bed at 6 AM. Here it is 4:13 AM and I am still up. Oh well.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Plan for December:
    Maintain 20g or less of carbs through Dec. 10th. -fail
    Stay within calorie goal - 1385 fail
    Meet sodium and magnesium goals met
    Drink more water - 2 liters minimum met
    Add 20 new low-carb/keto recipes to my personal keto recipe book found a new one with possibilities!
    Maintain weight. Loss is always nice but I'll settle for maintenance this year starting out at 155
    11,000 steps daily lazy days of vacation so a fail
    stretch two times daily once daily. Gotta up this one.
    PT exercises DAILY (no pain anymore but no strength due to shoulder surgery) didn’t have equipment on vacation so fail but this one I’m okay with

I realize I need to print out my goals and post them visibly as a reminder.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I said last month I'd participate so here's my simple plan.

30 minutes per day dedicated to exercise/additional movement of some sort. So far so good. 30 minutes of a good brisk walk on 12/1. 45 minutes of reasonably swift pedalling on my stationary recumbent on level 7 of 8.

Additionally, I choose to spend this month not engaging in my habit of "I'll do it later". 12/1, I completed 8 little nagging tasks that I have been putting off for days/weeks or months. Things like bagging the garden debris that has been laying in a pile in the yard for 3 weeks. :# 12/2, I accomplished 5 tasks one of which was a BIG one: reuniting with my paint brush and very high ladder to move towards finishing painting ALL the trim in the house. We have many vaulted ceilings so we have many very high windows. We also have 106 spindles on our open staircase which means 212 when one considers painting both "sides". I started this task...in 2016. Yes 2016. It is getting down to a manageable task. Next time...I will hire a professional...if I win the lottery. ;)
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I said last month I'd participate so here's my simple plan.

Additionally, I choose to spend this month not engaging in my habit of "I'll do it later". 12/1, I completed 8 little nagging tasks that I have been putting off for days/weeks or months. Things like bagging the garden debris that has been laying in a pile in the yard for 3 weeks. :# 12/2, I accomplished 5 tasks one of which was a BIG one: reuniting with my paint brush and very high ladder to move towards finishing painting ALL the trim in the house. We have many vaulted ceilings so we have many very high windows. We also have 106 spindles on our open staircase which means 212 when one considers painting both "sides". I started this task...in 2016. Yes 2016. It is getting down to a manageable task. Next time...I will hire a professional...if I win the lottery. ;)

Oh those nagging little tasks; how I hate thee. I avoid mine by making a list about them.........then I think they are done! >:) I found paper I like for our dinning room, this was two years ago I'm betting they don't make it now! Well done you!!
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    12/3
    Carbs: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes 100 oz today
    Electrolytes: Yes
    Step Goal: No 4163/12705 (1815/day)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of "aerobics" with far too many squats and Russian twists. 4 tiny nagging projects done and another 4 hours painting. I've moved muscles I forgot I had. Good news is I can stand from a seated position with a paintbrush in one hand and a container of paint in the other.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    About to make 100 cookies and 60 deviled eggs for a church thing one of my teens volunteered us for. After this weekend I should be able to spend half a second in here and post. Ugh!

I kind of love that you are making deviled eggs for a church function.

:lol::wink:
    There was one egg left after their first pass. Someone got it though.
    It's not that big a church. I'm guessing the devil got to them and they couldn't resist.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Also, Thanks Baconslave!
    For always coming through with these great challenges, for making it easy to find in the top section - week by week, for having the challenges designed so that everyone can find a way to participate however they can, for allowing a space for support, honesty, respectful communication about successes and setbacks to flourish, and for all the friendships that have begun here.
    You Rock!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    The plague will never leave!
    Pretty sure DH either has bronchitis or pneumonia... The kids still have nasty coughs. Bah. I'm not on deaths door but I do feel a little crappy still.
    I'm hoping they'll improve in the next couple days, or we'll be dipping into savings for Christmas. They last time we had to take all 4 kids in for the same thing it was over $500, prescrips not included. :rage:
  • baconslave
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Also, Thanks Baconslave!
    For always coming through with these great challenges, for making it easy to find in the top section - week by week, for having the challenges designed so that everyone can find a way to participate however they can, for allowing a space for support, honesty, respectful communication about successes and setbacks to flourish, and for all the friendships that have begun here.
    You Rock!!

I have accomplished my mission then. :smile:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My plan for December

I was out of town and did not have internet for the weekend:
    Stay under carbs - pretty sure I managed this
    Stay under calories - pretty sure I managed this
    LOG - the app was sketchy so this didn't happen
    exercise - this didn't happen much, but I was doing house demolition, so there was a lot of activity going on
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    The plague will never leave!
    Pretty sure DH either has bronchitis or pneumonia... The kids still have nasty coughs. Bah. I'm not on deaths door but I do feel a little crappy still.
    I'm hoping they'll improve in the next couple days, or we'll be dipping into savings for Christmas. They last time we had to take all 4 kids in for the same thing it was over $500, prescrips not included. :rage:

Oh no! You’d think they’d give you a group discount or something ;).

Hope you feel better. I’m starting to come down with something myself. Pushing the fluids and popping the vitamins in an attempt to nip it in the bud.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am mostly managing to get back to carnivore, I didn’t manage yesterday but it was a crazy day and I didn’t plan well at all so failed and I am struggling to get in the full 2l of water a day but will build this up over the next few days and weeks, have pretty much managed to get it to 1l per day plus coffee, my walking is going well so far but aiming to get this built up more too.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Have never done a challenge before but this one hits close to home. The two friends I was doing this woe with who have really helped keep me on track crashed and burned last week. They are both on a sugar high saying they will get back at it in the new year. I am terrified that if I fall I won’t get back up again and least not when I want to. So am really counting on this challenge and everyone’s support to help me thru this challenging, fun, festivity filled month.

Starting weight: 220 (30 lbs lost to date)

GOALS
    No weight gain!!!!!!!
    Planning ahead:
    Dec 9th Dinner - I am preparing a low carb meal for guests, dessert for them 1 glass red for me
    Dec 10th Dinner - friend preparing a meal I can also enjoy - no dessert, no wine
    Dec 14, 17 & 22 parties - will eat before so no food off program BUT will allow myself 2 glasses of wine and if needs must a vodka (or 2
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, great to see this thread. I'm a few days late starting December, but I'm motivated!

December Goals:
    daily:
    Log
    Net Carbs under 25
    at least 30 minutes of exercise
    IF Dec 12, 19, 26
    I'll give myself a break Dec 22 - 25 and Dec 31to allow for some beer and possibly mashed potatoes