SW 11/26 278

12/3 275
    12/10 272
    12/17 271

Nicely done so far!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Well, I've completely fallen off the wagon!

I'm finding it difficult to think about going back into ketosis, and possibly experience keto flu, only to blow it again this weekend, at our Italian Christmas Eve dinner (practically every carb known to man on the menu) and our carb-laden brunch on Christmas morning!
    Maybe it's a better idea to just ease up on the keto until after Christmas (or New Year's???) and just be mindful of the type and amount of food I put into my body.
    I don't usually have a problem with discipline, following macros and I really like the foods on keto, but this is an unusually food-heavy and liquored-up December.
    If you've read to this part of my rant, I thank you for "listening". I didn't expect this month to be this challenging; I could really use some guidance! Any thoughts on how you handle a month of food and exercise challenges/setbacks would be so helpful!

Ha, ah I feel your pain! I too am from an Italian family, I just spent yesterday making some of the traditional pastries and biscuits with my son, some being deep fried and then you add honey and sugar on the day.......just to make sure there are enough carbs! Then Thursday I'm prepping for the Lasagna totally carb free naturally >:) ahhhhhh!

Good luck and just try your best and think about 2018 and not giving up as we will get there! o:)B)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    SW: 173 | GW: 145

12/3: 163
    12/10: 158.9
    12/18: 162
    12/24
    12/31

Goals for this month: be as CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to goal weight for my first wedding dress fitting on Dec 26th.

DAMMIT! Pretty disappointed that I fluctuated back up in weight again. I couldn’t weigh in yesterday because I was traveling this weekend and visiting family. I was definitely maxing out on carb intake... but I hoped that wouldn’t stop the weight loss. I’ll have to be better this week! The dress fitting is getting so close! I also wonder if I wasn’t drinking enough water...

Seriously don't worry, this is only water weight from eating carbs and it will come off in a couple of days!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    December 1st: 250.0
    12/3: 249.4
    12/10: 248.6
    12/17: 249.4
    12/24:
    December 31st:
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    I took this week, beat it down and OWNED IT!! All that water weight...GONE! I did move my meal times around a bit. Eating earlier worked better. I also think I really need to pay attention to getting more protein every day.

Goals this week: Well thought out meals that include more protein, consistent exercise, have fun at all the festivities and ONEDERLAND!!!

12/01: 210.0
    12/03: 208.2
    12/10: 209.6
    12/17: 202.4
    12/24:
    12/31:

Good grief, Girl! What did you do this week, cut off a limb!!!

Lol, I did cut off most of my hair. I did an extended fast last week and would up retaining water (not enough sodium etc). This week it all just came off.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! I moved all weekend and forgot about this until now. I gained a little this week, and I baldness it on not following my meal plan. I stayed keto, but it was more relaxed.

November 27th : 177.6
    12/3: 172.2
    12/10: 169.0
    12/17: 169.8
    12/24:
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    December 1st: 250.0
    12/3: 249.4
    12/10: 248.6
    12/17: 249.4
    12/24:
    December 31st:

Still under that 250 though and just think some must be muscle after shoveling that snow! B)
  • chinatowninchina
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! I moved all weekend and forgot about this until now. I gained a little this week, and I baldness it on not following my meal plan. I stayed keto, but it was more relaxed.

November 27th : 177.6
    12/3: 172.2
    12/10: 169.0
    12/17: 169.8
    12/24:

Better late than never; stick with it and anyhow you've done well, this is just a blip! :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Start- 10/17-184
    11/01- 171
    12/5- 159
    12/12- 154
    12/19- 149
    Wooooooooooo hooooooooo 140's I am so so soooooooooo happy!!!

Wooooooooooo hooooooooo indeedy!!! Amazing how did you do this?????? You lost 10lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!!!! It's official: I do hate you!!! <3<3o:)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    12/3 163.2
    12/10 164.0
    12/17 163.2

Yeah, at least it's down!
    We're now staying with my niece who has been trying to get us to come to her since the fire at our house so we are here until after New Year so I now have a kitchen again! Tomorrow we start the temporary house rental search as they've said our house will be three to six months, which dooesn't surprise me as absolutely zippo has happened thus far!!
    My amazing news though for anyone who remembers that I had to be tested for the BRCA1 Breast cancer gene and my results came back clear which means my kids are all clear as well. That's one excellent Christmas present, who cares about houses or weight!! :):):)

@chinatowninchina - Congrats on the negative BRCA1 gene test! That has to be such a relief! Remember that your kids could still be at risk from you SO's genetics, but they're clear from your side... So that's something to consider down the road...should you feel they are at risk...

And awesome on staying with your niece. I hope that continues working out well...and I hope the house is repaired quicker and better than expected! <3
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Start- 10/17-184
    11/01- 171
    12/5- 159
    12/12- 154
    12/19- 149
    Wooooooooooo hooooooooo 140's I am so so soooooooooo happy!!!

Wooooooooooo hooooooooo indeedy!!! Amazing how did you do this?????? You lost 10lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!!!! It's official: I do hate you!!! <3<3o:)

Hahaha! Yea, it's even more than I expected. I honestly think it's my job lol. Christmas at UPS is brutal! It rained or snowed hard today the entire time and I was outside from 1am to 1030am. 25000 steps! I soaked thru every layer and frozen. It was miserable lol. All I have time to do is work, eat and sleep. Or shop....lol. I do plan on cheating Christmas eve and day so if I can be 150 or less after that I will be happy. I am super excited to start my new year with a very small weight loss goal. I just may shoot for an even bigger goal. Maybe 135. I have not minded eating keto at all, it's been fairly easy. Except for the huge bacon maple bars the size of my face that I witnessed my family eat yesterday...THAT was rough lol. But I think with everyone starting their weight loss goals at the beginning of the year it will be even more motivation to keep on keepin' on
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 204
    Goal weight - 145
    12/03 - 155
    12/09 - 153 (after the marathon.... knew it wouldn't last. lol but hey, I wanted to see the number in print lol)
    12/11 - 155
    12/19 - 155 Holding steady. Not complaining since I know how I've eaten lately. lol
    12/24
    12/31
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Starting weight 204
    Goal weight - 145
    12/03 - 155
    12/09 - 153 (after the marathon.... knew it wouldn't last. lol but hey, I wanted to see the number in print lol)
    12/11 - 155
    12/19 - 155 Holding steady. Not complaining since I know how I've eaten lately. lol
    12/24
    12/31

Staying steady at this time of year is well done, I think!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Hi thanks for that. Also re the Brca1 it's on my side, no history on their father's so that's ok. Not saying anyone won't get anything else but at least they don't have the awfully high odds.....
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @HaideeJo13 it sounds horrendous, it's now official, you DERSERVE the weight loss!! :D
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Hi thanks for that. Also re the Brca1 it's on my side, no history on their father's so that's ok. Not saying anyone won't get anything else but at least they don't have the awfully high odds.....

@chinatowninchina Ugh, where'd the awesome button go? I wanted to take this as awesome!!! And that's fantastic for them to have just normal risk factors. I hate added risk factors. (HUGS)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I know, why did they take that away? What was wrong with awesome? Aren't we awesome anymore? So many questions.............also there have been arguments/ issues with the definition of 'woo' some people think it means a negative and some a positive, at least 'awesome' could only be viewed as positive!! :'( for awesome
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yeah, like doesn't seem as powerful as Awesome. And Hug doesn't really fit. So consider my Like as an Awesome to you statement China! Whoo hooo!