What have you made in your pressure cooker?

Options

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    They both look so good!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Do you look for anything specific when buying goat? I know that some Indian shops around here sell it but I have never bought it. Do you just 'trust' it's good or can you tell any way what to look for?
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @madwells1 - Following!
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Last night I made a recipe for Instantpot eye of round beef in mushroom sauce. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that was good. Cheap cut of meat never tasted this good :) without roasting for hours and hours.

That sounds awesome
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    One more. Last night I did an old tried and true soup recipe in the instant pot. It was fast. Only 4 minutes under high pressure. I didn't have to stir and it did not heat up the kitchen. Turned out really good! Tasted like it have been cooking a while, all the flavors where blended. I am beginning to love the pressure cooker.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/08/instant-pot-spicy-beef-vegetable-soup.html

Soup%2Bis%2BDone.jpg

I made this tonight but tweaked the recipe some to include more fresh veggies and I didn't use the Rotel tomatoes. It came out great. I also kept mine under a little longer 15 mins instead of 4.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    NHann2017 wrote: »
    One more. Last night I did an old tried and true soup recipe in the instant pot. It was fast. Only 4 minutes under high pressure. I didn't have to stir and it did not heat up the kitchen. Turned out really good! Tasted like it have been cooking a while, all the flavors where blended. I am beginning to love the pressure cooker.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/08/instant-pot-spicy-beef-vegetable-soup.html

Soup%2Bis%2BDone.jpg

I made this tonight but tweaked the recipe some to include more fresh veggies and I didn't use the Rotel tomatoes. It came out great. I also kept mine under a little longer 15 mins instead of 4.

:smile: So glad you tried it. That recipe is so versatile. I have made it with turkey or no meat at all just drained and rinsed can beans. Zucchini and turkey Italian sausage is great too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Last night two racks of baby back ribs went in for 45min on HP with just a sprinkling of salt and pepper. I cut the racks into 2 bone portions to make them fit and so that it all does not fall apart when I take them out. After I placed on a baking tray, brushed with my fav BBQ sauce and went under a broiler for 5 minutes. Perfection.

I really need to try and do ribs in it.

I did chicken breasts the other day... Not much work, fast (although I had to close the lid and let them cook a little longer), and tasted pretty good.. although I still prefer it roasted.
  • madwells1
    Options
    Ribs are the best!!! It isn't Texas BBQ for sure but for only 45 minutes...you can't ask for much more.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Last night two racks of baby back ribs went in for 45min on HP with just a sprinkling of salt and pepper. I cut the racks into 2 bone portions to make them fit and so that it all does not fall apart when I take them out. After I placed on a baking tray, brushed with my fav BBQ sauce and went under a broiler for 5 minutes. Perfection.

I really need to try and do ribs in it.

I did chicken breasts the other day... Not much work, fast (although I had to close the lid and let them cook a little longer), and tasted pretty good.. although I still prefer it roasted.

Well roasting if a different game. Instantpot will never give you that flavour. I find for chicken is real safe to got with 6minutes manual at HP and natural release.

Yep 6 minutes. I did 5 and I could tell, lol.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Pulled beef (don't eat pork) on Sunday night. I bought two pieces of beef on sale. Fried minced onion then seasonings (Bulk Barn pulled pork seasoning), browned the beef, added pulled pork sauce (Club House g.f. sauce) and half a cup of water. Cooked on high for 30 mins. Then shredded the beef ( it was really tender already), then put it back on for 10 mins. Yummy and just over one hour instead of cooking all day.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Another tasty stew last night! Took 90 minutes total (with prep).
  • Francl27
    Options
    dozen eggs for the week went in on sunday. I started using the instant pot for eggs only due to convenience and perfect timing. Not having to watch the clock to get the perfectly cooked but still gooey yolk wasnt always easy. Now it is.
    High pressure, 3 minutes, quick release and immediate dump into cold water. Perfect every time, no matter how many eggs you put in there.

Muhahaha. Didn't you use to say that it made no sense to use it for eggs because it was so easy to do it with a pan?

I do 2 minutes and NR. Doesn't really matter when I come back that way, they're always fine.. so I don't have to babysit my pot. I'll have to try just doing 3 minutes when I'm more in a rush.

Honestly, I've seen people recommend 5 minutes, then 5 minutes NR, then cold bath for 5 minutes, and it's a wonder they're not overcooked.
  • madwells1
    Options
    Has anyone made oxtail soup?
  • AshEvelynn
    Options
    @crazyravr - Have you started your recipe blog yet?
  • madwells1
    Options
    @crazyravr needs to do something in the winter!!!
  • AshEvelynn
    Options
    AshEvelynn wrote: »
    @crazyravr - Have you started your recipe blog yet?

It takes a lot of work, a lot of planning, updating, testing, cooking, posting, updating etc. etc. the more I think about it the less I want to do it lol BUT its going to be a long winter around here and evenings might be put to good use. I have to find a good provider that will have good and simple templates etc.

Well please sign me up first when you do! Looking forward to it!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda a lurking noob at this, but I was able to pull off a very palatable turkey chili with beans last night (about 250cal with 18g of protein) - Simple and repeatable, and I'll work more into things from here.
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have two recipes for you to try in your pressure cooker. Both were so good. The first is a Chicken Biryani. https://twosleevers.com/2017/03/pressure-cooker-chicken-biryani/ It was so spicy good. It had some heat just using 1 jalapeno. But so much of the flavor comes from the whole spices. I will definitely make this again.

The second recipe was Crispy Chicken for a Banh Mi Bowl. It was amazing! I even saved the leftover braising liquid. I had to substitute equal parts lemon zest and ginger for the lemongrass. I will try it with lemongrass when I find it but it was so good with the lemon and ginger. This dish would be great for meal prep. The chicken would be great on salad, wraps, sandwiches, just anything. Will keep making this one over and over. littlespicejar.com/chicken-banh-mi-bowls/

Oh my goodness. One of the first things I made in my IP were these Crispy Chicken Banh Mi Bowls and wow were they amazing. Everyone who tried them thought the same. This is definitely something we will continue to make again and again. Thanks for the share!
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    After the banh mi bowls were such a hit I took a look around littlespicejar.com and found a few other recipes that were great as well. This http://littlespicejar.com/irresistible-instant-pot-beef-stew/ beef stew was very tasty! Served it with some mashed potatoes as suggested and it was excellent. Although it would be just as good without too.

The crispy chicken carnitas were very tasty as well. http://littlespicejar.com/crispy-chicken-carnitas/ I reserved the cooking liquid and used that as the base for rice that I served with it. Also did spicy black refried beans from her website too.
  • tuffykenwell
    tuffykenwell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of "mystery stew". Basically take stewing beef brown in the instant pot with a bit of olive oil. Add "spaghetti veggies" from arctic garden (frozen blend of onions, celery, peppers and carrots). Add cut up potatoes a can of Guinness beer and a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes.Then comes the mystery. I add a bag of stir fry veggies (whatever I have had the longest that needs to be used up). Put it on the stew setting on my instant pot and thicken it on saute when it is done (I use gluccomannan but feel free to use whatever thickener you want).

Tonight's version was chicken instead of beef, cook the chicken on saute, add 2 cans of campbells mushroom soup with one box of chicken broth. Add parsley, basil and ground thyme to the soups and throw it all into the instant pot (I mix the soups in a metal bowl).. Cut up potatoes and throw the spaghetti veggies and stir fry veggies on top (you could also use a blend of carrots/green and yellow beans or whatever veggies you want). Cook on chicken setting. I made dumplings to throw on top tonight which were a big hit. Just turn it on saute till it is bubbling, drop in your dumpling batter and then cancel and hit keep warm. Cover with a non-pressure pot lid and let the dumplings cook about 20 minutes. Once the dumplings are done thicken the stew however you want.