Options

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    arameni wrote: »
    Today I feel: OK
    I feel this way because…
    I started a new job with therapeutic services at the end of last year, and I still feel incompetent and like I have no idea what I'm doing. My supervisor is way too hands-off for me and only works at the same site I do for about 4 hours each week. I'm super high strung with unreasonably high expectations and tendencies to create mountains of pressure out of molehills of negligible details. I'm painfully reserved, and I struggle with asking for help from people I've known for a long time, and I just don't feel comfortable reaching out to someone who is not really even there.

Everybody says the skills just come with experience, and while I understand that, I'd also like to feel competent right now.

Additionally, I feel conflicted about how much preparation and tasks I have to do outside of work. Of course I want what's best for my clients, which requires me putting in my personal time that I don't get compensated for to plan and prepare materials, but I also believe work-life balance is super important, and that I shouldn't be working unless I'm at work or during working hours of the work week. I feel like it's almost immature to want to not work outside of working hours in this job.

Despite all the pressure I'm putting on myself professionally, I have a source of comfort in my sweet brat dog. I think if I had her trained to be a therapy dog (for my clients), I could bring her to work with me every day. She'd hate the commute more than I do though.

However, I bought myself a positivity journal for Xmas and I'm trying to make a habit of completing that weekly.

Feels good to vent!

Positive thought journal prompt for this week: list the things you are really good at.

For me, it's got to be hearing screenings and hand-eye coordination -> I am super good at catching items I accidentally fling into the air.

Edit: just posted and realized I wrote a book up in here. Sorry! Lol I'm reserved but also a major over-sharer I guess??

Well, I just read ALL of your “book” and I loved it. Thank you for being open. So, I’m the same way as you. When I take on new things I don’t ask if I don’t know....we are talking about someone who will walk down every aisle at a store to look for something and won’t ask a store person for help....I know, that’s ridiculous. Lol! I’m a big advocate of being successful in one’s career. If you have to do “off the clock” work I say go ahead. It will make you a better person and give your clients better service. We are here on this earth to be better people, I believe, so don’t limit who you can be with a “time in, time out” mentality. Allow yourself to be the best YOU :smiley: Oh and love the idea of your positive thought journal. Great way to remain in the right mindset.
  • kpush910
    kpush910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

[/quote]I use my alarm setup in my Fitbit and set up a time for a "pre" bedtime warning. I set it for 30 minutes before my goal bedtime. It buzzes on my Fitbit and tells me "time to get ready for bed!" I thought I was being silly at first, but it really does help remind me that I should start winding down for the night. :smiley:
    [/quote]

I like the nighttime alarm idea. I’m going to set mine to remind me not to eat within 2 hours of bedtime!
  • kpush910
    kpush910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today I’m feeling determined. I have a ton of things that need to get done today. I’ve been awake since 4am thinking about everything. I’ve also worked out everyday this week, so I’m determined to keep that string going.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Today I feel: relieved.

I was stressing about my weight so I took my measurements and have lost an inch off my waist since my last measurement. I know I've been killing my workouts but the scale doesn't! Two weeks til bikini time.

Awesome!
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Today I am feeling scatterbrained.
    I am feeling this way because there is so much to do and so little time to do it. I am thinking I should go back to how I used to make checklists, the ones written down because the ones on my phone I can’t adjust, and see if that works. I like to be ahead of things in life and although that isn’t possible all the time it’s better. I like to be organized.

I feel you on this. I went back to a graph paper notebook for all my to-do’s back in September. The “bullet journal” seems to be helping me!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I feel accomplished.

Hubby and I went to our first sip and paint last night and I really like our pictures! It was a nice night out and I can't wait to do it again next month. It's amazing that they're the same picture but look so different.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    jyoung3507 wrote: »
    Today I feel stable! All of the post holiday craziness is behind me and it feels so good to be back in a good routine.

Stable is my daily goal! This is great.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Feeling pleased. Went to fill up the sugar bowl today and realized that I have not added sugar to anything for 2 weeks! Not even missing it.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling scatterbrained.
    I am feeling this way because there is so much to do and so little time to do it. I am thinking I should go back to how I used to make checklists, the ones written down because the ones on my phone I can’t adjust, and see if that works. I like to be ahead of things in life and although that isn’t possible all the time it’s better. I like to be organized.

I feel you on this. I went back to a graph paper notebook for all my to-do’s back in September. The “bullet journal” seems to be helping me!

Paper works best for me as well. Love lining through completed tasks
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Feeling pleased. Went to fill up the sugar bowl today and realized that I have not added sugar to anything for 2 weeks! Not even missing it.

That's awesome!
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm feeling ok today. I have been sticking to the plan... getting more protein, logging everything, drinking the water etc.
  • shamac35153
    shamac35153 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today I feel tired. However I will do what is needed to stay on track.
  • shamac35153
    Options
    So had two bad days this week need to stop and remember I had 5 good days. Also need to follow through on tracking all food.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    So had two bad days this week need to stop and remember I had 5 good days. Also need to follow through on tracking all food.

Five IS greater than two :D
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Today I felt busy. I felt this way because it seems I am having to clean the house more and more and make a grocery list more and more. I am going back to meal prepping because it works and its easier for my mind. I am finding myself banging my head against the wall on what to cook for dinner so I need to think about that WAY ahead of time and cook it WAY ahead of time. I may go to bed a little early tonight. I have been up very late the last few nights.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Today I felt busy. I felt this way because it seems I am having to clean the house more and more and make a grocery list more and more. I am going back to meal prepping because it works and its easier for my mind. I am finding myself banging my head against the wall on what to cook for dinner so I need to think about that WAY ahead of time and cook it WAY ahead of time. I may go to bed a little early tonight. I have been up very late the last few nights.

Im feeling the same way! I have NO motivation to cook lately ... nothing sounds good or interesting ... so I think I need to get back into planning/prepping as well.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Today I feel restless. I’m really struggling with winter and having limited things to do with my tantrum-throwing lil dude. We’re hanging in really well but the struggle is real.

Ten weeks til spring, woo hoo!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel this way because…
    I started a new job with therapeutic services at the end of last year, and I still feel incompetent and like I have no idea what I'm doing. My supervisor is way too hands-off for me and only works at the same site I do for about 4 hours each week. I'm super high strung with unreasonably high expectations and tendencies to create mountains of pressure out of molehills of negligible details. I'm painfully reserved, and I struggle with asking for help from people I've known for a long time, and I just don't feel comfortable reaching out to someone who is not really even there.

Everybody says the skills just come with experience, and while I understand that, I'd also like to feel competent right now.

Additionally, I feel conflicted about how much preparation and tasks I have to do outside of work. Of course I want what's best for my clients, which requires me putting in my personal time that I don't get compensated for to plan and prepare materials, but I also believe work-life balance is super important, and that I shouldn't be working unless I'm at work or during working hours of the work week. I feel like it's almost immature to want to not work outside of working hours in this job.

Despite all the pressure I'm putting on myself professionally, I have a source of comfort in my sweet brat dog. I think if I had her trained to be a therapy dog (for my clients), I could bring her to work with me every day. She'd hate the commute more than I do though.

However, I bought myself a positivity journal for Xmas and I'm trying to make a habit of completing that weekly.

Feels good to vent!

Positive thought journal prompt for this week: list the things you are really good at.

For me, it's got to be hearing screenings and hand-eye coordination -> I am super good at catching items I accidentally fling into the air.

Edit: just posted and realized I wrote a book up in here. Sorry! Lol I'm reserved but also a major over-sharer I guess??

Well, I just read ALL of your “book” and I loved it. Thank you for being open. So, I’m the same way as you. When I take on new things I don’t ask if I don’t know....we are talking about someone who will walk down every aisle at a store to look for something and won’t ask a store person for help....I know, that’s ridiculous. Lol! I’m a big advocate of being successful in one’s career. If you have to do “off the clock” work I say go ahead. It will make you a better person and give your clients better service. We are here on this earth to be better people, I believe, so don’t limit who you can be with a “time in, time out” mentality. Allow yourself to be the best YOU :smiley: Oh and love the idea of your positive thought journal. Great way to remain in the right mindset.

Haha good to know I'm not alone in the not asking for help struggle! I like your attitude! I'll try to dedicate a few hours every weekend to preparation and the like, but not so many that I'll feel like I didn't rest at all.

Also, saw your feeling scatterbrained post. There is an app called ColorNote (I've got android, idk if it's for iOS too) that has a checklist option you can edit. Idk how much you are lookong to edit the lists after you make them, but I used it a lot in school and I use it occasionally these days. You can even change the color of the note, ColorNote!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I feel this way because…

Feels good to vent!

Haha good to know I'm not alone in the not asking for help struggle! I like your attitude! I'll try to dedicate a few hours every weekend to preparation and the like, but not so many that I'll feel like I didn't rest at all.

Also, saw your feeling scatterbrained post. There is an app called ColorNote (I've got android, idk if it's for iOS too) that has a checklist option you can edit. Idk how much you are lookong to edit the lists after you make them, but I used it a lot in school and I use it occasionally these days. You can even change the color of the note, ColorNote!

:-) thanks for the tip....I am checking on that app now
  • shamac35153
    Options
    So is weigh in every Monday and do you right results here?