Jennifer's Journal

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @jcaldwell0331 How have the past couple of days been for you? Hope all is well! :)
  • jcaldwell0331
    jcaldwell0331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit it’s been a crazy last couple days. I’ve been struggling with gas and hunger. Then Aunt Flo reared her ugly head and now I know why I was feeling off. lol Last few days I’ve also been planning a date night dinner at the house for my husband and I. He should have been off yesterday but because of Tuesday’s snow day, he had to work so our plan to go on our date fell through. My mom took my daughter for the weekend. It was a wonderful evening with my husband. I’m getting back on track after snacking my life away the past few days. w2ej7setlx03.jpeg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @jcaldwell0331 Love the table set up! I'm glad you and your husband had a great evening! =)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    What a cute date night table setting!!! Glad you managed to fit in some quality adult time!!!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the couples evening. I haven't had one of those in months thanks to having a 4 month old.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit @tcunbeliever Thank you! We had a wonderful evening.
    @50extra aw, how sweet!! I remember when my daughter was that young. She’s 7 years old now. Date nights were definitely rarer back then.

We’ve had an interesting week in ETX. Snow at the beginning of the week and tornadoes at the end of the week. lol Good ol’ Texas weather. Well, I finally got back to the gym this morning. It was nice to get back into the groove of things. However, when I got back home, I became this ravenous freak that just kept eating. I need to put on my big girl panties and go ahead and log all of it even though I know I’ll hate to see it....but how will I stay accountable and stop eating like I’ll never see another meal if I don’t log. lol I'll get back on this gravy train and get with the program! I started out strong! I can’t give up because of a weird weather week and a ravenous morning. I’m better than that and I can do this! :smiley:
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @jcaldwell0331 Yes, you can do this! =)
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Personally for me, it's when I don't log that it gets away. Even if I am over by 3000 calories in a day I need to log it to see it and believe it.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Thank you!

@50extra So very true. I tend to not log when I’m grazing through my house so I don’t have to see it and hate myself. I do agree that I need to log it anyway, just so I can see it for myself and hopefully be able to use self-control next time. Honestly I didn’t log at all yesterday and I can’t remember all I ate but I’m going to go to back to yesterday’s diary and log what I can remember. Thanks!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    For me logging is critical, even when over. Plus, if I can log in advance a lot of times I can manage to skip a snack, or substitute something that fits better. But, depending on my schedule for the day, pre-logging is not always possible.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    So, I logged everything that I could remember, and I believe it was everything I ate, I was 553 calories over. Yikes!!! I’ve already logged a glass of orange juice I had today so I’m already off to a better start than yesterday.

@tcunbeliever I plan all our dinners in advance for grocery shopping so I typically do log in advance for the day, at least for dinner, and then plan accordingly for the rest of the day, but last week really threw me off. I work real well in routine and when my routine is inadvertently thrown off track, it can spell disaster for my diet. However, today is a new day and I am back on this wagon!

We can all conquer this!!!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Today was ok. I did ok food wise and did some cleaning but wasn’t able to go to the gym today due to an eye appointment. Other than that, I don’t have much of anything to report. I’m real tired this evening. Good night.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Gracious it’s been a day. My list of daily woes (yes, I am whining but I can, it’s my journal.... and no, I’m not man bashing, it’s just the way it ended up today. lol sorry guys!)

1. I almost got hit in the school parking lot because some man had an “I’m going be first cause I said so” complex.
    2. I kept getting cut off in the grocery store, even had to go down a different aisle just to get back to the one I needed because a man was blocking my path and had no intention of moving to the side to allow me to pass.
    3. Went to Lowe’s to pick up our riding lawnmower that is under a year old, yet the warranty didn’t cover the maintenance we needed on it...ugh! Then the manager starts to talk to me about labor costs and stuff, then proceeds to explain what labor is....yeah, I may be a girl but I’m not an idiot. Sorry, it’s been a long day and I had to shell out $200 for a mower that’s less than a year old. I also know what ratchet straps and bungie cords are. I think I blew there minds over that one. LOL!! I didn’t realize I’d be picking up our lawnmower today until my husband called while I was picking my daughter up from school so I didn’t have the straps with me.....

Ok now for the silver linings:

1. I didn’t get hit. I was able to stop in enough time to avoid a collision.
    2. I got extra exercise and extra steps from having to go the long way around.
    3. We have our lawnmower back and we’ll be back to cutting the lawn this spring.

Now, I feel better getting that off my chest. I’m ready to go to bed and start anew tomorrow. I’m over my calories for today but only by 145. I’m hopeful tomorrow will be better and I’ll be in a better mood. Haha!! :wink:
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Love the silver linings at the end of your last post - sometimes it helps to get the whines out, and that sounds like quite a day !

I totally understand what you mean by working well in a routine. I'm good at following 'rules'. even if they are rules that I set myself. But when I have too many choices I tend not to make good ones. Also I think that my body gets used to a routine and so only feels hungry when a meal is due.
    Once I find a plan that works, its usually when I cant follow my routine that things can get a bit messy. But I'm getting better at that, too. I love your 'new day - back on the wagon' approach. Its such an important thing to be able to do.

Hope tomorrow is a better day :smile:

• jcaldwell0331
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a lot of fun! I spent the whole day with my mom and sister but we ate out all 3 meals so....it was a higher than normal calorie day. I didn’t do too bad, though, since my first 2 meals I ordered off of the lower calorie side of the menu, but dinner was a nice juicy hamburger. Hamburgers are going to be my downfall. lol! I love them. Especially the ones I don’t have to make. lol Today I plan to be a lot better and since I’ll be busy getting this house picked back up, hopefully I can stay on track and be under my calorie goal at the end of the day.

@totaldetermination After the first incident that day, it was definitely hard to get out of that funk. However, a good night’s sleep was what I needed and felt much better the next day. I try not to pitch adult hissy fits but when I do, I always find the silver lining. It’s important not to dwell on the negative but to see the positive that came from it. We are blessed with so many things in life, but sometimes we don’t recognize those blessings because we’re blinded by the negative. Just my outlook on things.

But, first things first, COFFEE!!!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Well, I ended yesterday under my calorie goal, but just under it. Lol. The lasagna I made was a lot of calories but oh so worth it. Mmmmm.... Tomorrow I will definitely be going over my calories since it’s my husband’s birthday and he’s not on a diet. lol I will go to the gym in the morning so maybe that will help offset all the calories I’ll be consuming.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    I did pretty well today. Still forgetting to log during the day and then try to cram it in at night. lol One day I’ll be better at logging. I usually start logging in the morning and then peter off as the day goes by. I even have reminders set that show up on my phone. :neutral: Figures. Oh well, little by little I’ll get better and then eventually it’ll become a habit.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Oh what a day! In the middle of me baking my husband’s cake, the power went off for 45 minutes. The whole town that I live in went dark. It was the craziest thing. However, his cake ended up baking right (after s frantic call to my mom was made lol) and it was delicious. But it was probably around a million calories. I guess it’s back to that grind now. Here was his cake:f7pjmwfq0x68.jpeg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Ohmydeliciousness, I need a piece of that cake! haha
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Oh my that's a nice looking cake. Anyhow came across were you don't care for watches and such. I bought a fit bit years ago that you can clip to your bra. Or wear in your pocket I love it. Hope this helps you.