Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• rabidhamster87
    rabidhamster87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    jules81 wrote: »
    Mine is at 350 lbs the seat belt in ex husbands car and in my parents car barley fitted round me in my coat. Now with the same coat at 318 ish lbs it has a tiny bit of room - so I can breath in the car too ;) xxxx

This is such a great one! I inherited my dad's truck when he passed away and omg. I have to suck in my gut and really PULL to get that seat belt on when I drive it. My SO is always sitting there looking at me like, "Are you okay?"
  • Ayehmwhy
    Ayehmwhy Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I love all of these non scale victories so much! It's inspiring to read them all
  • jules81
    jules81 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @mellykay88 hunny THAT is fab 65 mins on there.YOU should be super proud of yourself . I've got an exercise bike. YOU have motivated me to try 5 mins ;) I know 5 mins isn't going to do anything BUT it's more than I did yesterday xxxx
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    jules81:

5 minutes will do more than you think if you are starting out. i I find it amazing how quickly our bodies respond to exercise and before you know it, you will be able to crank out a nice long ride for yourself!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    @jules81 we all have to start somewhere! You’ll be surprised at how quickly that 5 minutes will turn into 30!
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @Ayehmwhy that’s awesome!!
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @JJKM02 Welcome!! I love your confidence! I feel similarly. I, of course, have days when I feel less confident, but I truly believe that I WILL reach my goal! I think gained self-confidence is one of the biggest NSVs there is. It’s the one that will keep us going... even on the bad days.
  • jules81
    jules81 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I THANK you for motivation guys....I did 5 mins on bike yesterday ;) only 1.5 km hoping to up it every other day :) xxx
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @jules81 that’s fantastic! Remember, “Slow and steady wins the race!”
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    let's see. My latest NSV was right around Christmas, I was able to get into CJ Banks size 22W dress pants. I can finally get into 3X tops (though I like my tops a little baggie, so I'm still clinging to my 4x tops). I'm almost comfortably into the size 22W; some styles and cuts are still just a bit too tight. I was able to put on a pair of Rider's 22W jeans and get them buttoned, but I think they'd still be just a little too tight.

Oh, and Sunday before last, as I was unpacking (I recently moved back home, and gutted and remodeled a house from my grandfather, though technically the parents did most of hte work and I just paid for it lol), I was going through my clothes and setting aside all the stuff that was too big. STuffed in the bottom were 2 skirts and 2 dresses. The 2 skirts were from my high days 20+ years ago and were skirts I had loved but had to quit wearing when they got too tight. They weren't worn out so I had kept them all these years, telling myself I'd get back into them one day.

The one dress was the bridesmaid dress I wore to my brother's wedding in 2012. The other dress I had bought in 2012 at a Ren faire. It had been too little at the time, but I had bought it when i was losing a lot of weight back then as a motivation to keep going. I hung it on my closet doors for months until the weight plateaued and then piled back on; finally, I sadly and ashamedly stuffed it back into my closet.

Well, that Sunday, I tried the skirts and the dresses on. The skirts fit and fit comfortably! In fact, I wore one of them just last Sunday to church :) The bridesmaid dress fit better now than it did when I wore it to my brother's wedding. And the ren faire dress? I can't declare that it fits just yet, but I WAS able to get it on! It was just a smidge too tight, but like my mom said, if I put on some shapewear under it, I could probably get buy with it.
  • rabidhamster87
    rabidhamster87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 That's so encouraging! I know you did a happy dance. I have a lot of clothes that I keep saving "for when they fit" and I can't wait until I'm making a similar post.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    that's wonderful, fairies! Yup - the clothes part can be really encouraging!
  • UnicornSmoothie
    UnicornSmoothie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I've started sleeping a little better and waking up feeling more rested probably 90% of the time. I still have weird insomnia-ish nights, but overall, this month has been great for my sleeping and energy, which is a huge change from November and even December of last year.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    that's wonderful, alevans! I know all about the "not fitting behind the wheel" and hated driving my Honda in the winter time when the steering wheel would rub against my winter coat.

Now I still don't feel like I have a lot room in the Honda, but that's because of my long legs - I need that seat back another 6 inches so I can stretch my legs out and not get cramps!