Tentatively Tiptoeing towards Spring: February Accountability & Weigh-In

Replies

• Hey everyone! I've had a very stressful couple of weeks, I feel I'm barely holding on. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself for an upcoming deadline, Feb 11. I love this group though, it helps to just write down what I'm going through.

Outside of school stress, I have also been annoyed at my weight. My trend weight went up over a pound in January. I've been eating around 1850 calories / day, and not eating back exercise calories. I'm still figuring out this whole maintenance thing, but I really think 1850 is slightly below maintenance calories for me. The good news is that I *finally* got my period, so I'm expecting a big whoosh on the scale.

Height: 5'7"
    Feb start weight: 145.5
    Goal: Maintain 142-147
  • rjnl
    rjnl Posts: 16 Member
    Hi all... I am terrible at accountability. And lately seem to have no willpower. Thought I'd join this forum to try yet again! If you have any willpower to spare (or tips) I'd appreciate it!

HW: 185
    CW: 148.5
    Height: 5'6"

February goal: 144
    Ultimate goal: 135 (may be lofty, I've been aiming for this weight for years)

Feb 1: 148.5
    Feb 8:
    Feb 15:
    Feb 22:
    Feb 28:
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Thank goodness that January is over!!!! It’s my 40th birthday this month and I’m going to try and get down to 60kg, this will take lots of determination from me!!

165cm/5’5

SW 61.8kg (from last week)

2/2/18 61.8kg totm
    9/2/18
    16/2/18
    23/2/18
  • wildthingsmom
    wildthingsmom Posts: 26 Member
    Hi. New to this group. I'm 5'8" and 140 lbs Goal weight is 132-135. BUT I'm 47. I work 5-7 hours per week but as I've gotten older, for sure my body doesn't respond or recover the same way to workouts as it used to. And I'm searching for the right "lifestyle" to shed those few lbs. we don't eat a ton of processed foods or wheat/rice. I've lost weight in the past tracking macros. Like a Nazi. I wasn't very much fun :( I'm considering trying Atkins Mostly low carb but not as strict with the fat intake as Keto? Anyone have success at that? Anyone my age struggling with not being overweight and still being healthy but wanting to lose those vanity lbs? please add me!!
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Height: 5'3"
    HW: 139lbs
    Goal Weight: 110-115lbs
    January Goal: 118 - Reached 2/2
    February Goal: 115

Jan 05: 121.8
    Jan 12: 122.2
    Jan 19: 119.4
    Jan 26: 119.2
    Feb 2: 118

Trying to do slow and steady now to lose the last 8 lbs...still need to incorporate exercise more!! Considering doing a 1/2 Marathon in April, but not sure if I can make the time to train. Plus, not crazy about running in the cold!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2018
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    feb Goal Weight: 110-115-Maintenance. 111.5 trending would be awesome
    Feb Fitness Goal: continue healing but up my mileage slowly.

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    Start of Nov-112
    Start of Dec: 111.5
    Start of Jan: 113.5
    Feb 2: 112.4
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:
    Struggles/success: I am really glad that January is over. I am struggling with my dinner calories and a few licks and bites. I am still under my allotted calories but not as much as I need to be. I had an MRI yesterday and am hopeful that regardless of the results, I will emerge with a plan to alleviate the knee pain and eventually get back on track. I have been good about getting my cardio burn on with elliptical and incline walking but still hate it and miss running with a passion.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Hi. New to this group. I'm 5'8" and 140 lbs Goal weight is 132-135. BUT I'm 47. I work 5-7 hours per week but as I've gotten older, for sure my body doesn't respond or recover the same way to workouts as it used to. And I'm searching for the right "lifestyle" to shed those few lbs. we don't eat a ton of processed foods or wheat/rice. I've lost weight in the past tracking macros. Like a Nazi. I wasn't very much fun :( I'm considering trying Atkins Mostly low carb but not as strict with the fat intake as Keto? Anyone have success at that? Anyone my age struggling with not being overweight and still being healthy but wanting to lose those vanity lbs? please add me!!

Yes. I’m 47, and pretty much your twin. 5’6” 143lbs striving for 135 and those 8lbs are Vanity pounds. I’ve had success with intermittent fasting 16/8, but due to an injury had to take month off working out (barre). I go back next week. I’m trying to be patient but have been stuck at 143 since September. I have given myself a goal of 135 by June. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127
    Ultimate goal: Maintenance. Goal range is 108-113.
    SW February: 110.3 trending

Hi all! I normally weigh in on Fridays, although I’m a bit delayed this week. (PS yes I changed my username, but it’s still me.)

Feb 2: 110.2 (110.3 trending)
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:
    March 2:

Right now I am trying to convince my mother in law to join MFP! She has been trying to lose weight for forever, but always tries crash/fad diets for like a week then gives up. She is willing to give MFP a try, but she’s not the most technologically savvy, so we’ll see.
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    HI everyone!
    5'5'
    HW 155 lbs (that I know of,I think it was closer to 160 lbs this time last year.)
    GW: 115 lbs - yes I want to be back to my 20-year-old weight. We will see.

January was quite successful, my goal was 149 lbs and I dipped under that. Lost close to 9 lbs since 26 of Dec. But now I reached another freaking plateau this week. It must be related to TOM, right? I have like 10 days before the witch arrives. I am just concerned I am miscalculating calories. I need to exercise more to not creep over 1200. I so want to be at least 125 lbs by May, but not sure this is at all possible.

Feb 2: 146.8 (back up from 146 last weekend despite logging really carefully!)
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:
    March 2:
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Height: 5'3"
    Heaviest weight: 154lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs

July SW: 134.7lbs
    August SW: 133.3lbs
    September SW: 134lbs
    October SW: 133.4lbs
    November SW: 131.8lbs
    December SW: 132.7lbs

January SW: 133.3lbs

February SW:131.7lbs
    February GW: 131lbs

February 5: 132lbs

Last week I was very active but that unfortunately also made me very hungry, couple that with a visit from a friend and eating all the delicious food with her. I'm really not surprised to see a gain.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Just saying congrats to all, seems like people are really making strides. I have a great feeling about this year for us all.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 126.8
    February Goal: 122 LBS

Feb 6: 126.8
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    When I stood on the scales yesterday I was 163lbs. Today? 164lbs, which is up on last week. Baffling. Guessing my day was pretty high in sodium. I dunno. Will try again tomorrow or Friday, I have a feeling my weight will suddenly drop.

Two good gym sessions so far this week, and received my online shopping order last night which was full of greens, so hopefully I’ll meal plan a bit more (I have today!). After all I have a stomach to lose fat from and tone up before holiday (less than a month now!). I also picked up a pair of cropped jeans from Sainsbury’s and they are a UK size 10 (US14)! They are a bit tight still, but I can do them up which feels nothing short of a minor miracle!

I have added my January closing measurements to the list as I want to see what they will look like come the end of Feb.

Tonight is a night off.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW February: 163.6lbs (last January weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    February goal: Break the 160lbs barrier
    February Body fat goal: Get as close to 25.5% as possible
    End of January Measurements (in cm): Waist 78, Belly 96, Under bust 88, Bust 101

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    29th Nov: 161.4lbs – Body fat 25.7%
    20th Dec: 163.6lbs – Body fat 26.1%
    3rd Jan: 165.4lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    10th Jan: 164.6lbs – Body fat 26.4%
    17th Jan: 166.2lbs - Body fat 26.7%
    24th Jan: 165.8lbs – Body fat 26.5%
    31st Jan: 163.6lbs - Body fat 26.2%
    7th Feb: 164lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    14th Feb:
    21th Feb:
    28th Feb:

Welcome to @suzfoley, @neraulia, @CrystalConsults, @rjnl, @wildthingsmom.

Welcome back @jesspen91. You’ve been pretty steady over the last 6 months. It’s amazing how are plateaus come down with us as we lose weight. The additional gain (a small one) is more likely to be partially water weight from sodium rich delicious food.

Nice progress @GoldenEye_, @kg_lydon, @tiinytorii, @Starflight00, @theknitpicker, @RobinAlex666, @kirstie723, @mmurph102,

@bribucks, Do you do a lot of sit ups/crunches etc? If so that may exacerbate your back pain. Pilates may benefit you by targeting your posture.

@nic_27_grassisgreener Try to be kind to yourself. When we pressurise ourselves too much it often makes things harder than they need to be. Your trend has gone up but this is why you set a maintenance weight range, and you’re still well within it. You’ll be just fine!

@mrssunshine78 When is your birthday? Care to share? You’ll be leaving the Flirty Thirties and heading in to the Naughty Forties!

Sending speedy healing thoughts to you @bringbackthejoy! And I agree with you on the ‘making strides’ comments, there is some lovely positivity on this thread!

@Sojo15 Losing weight is a slow process! You didn’t gain it overnight, so don’t force yourself to lose it quickly. Plateauing is fine. I plateaued over December and January. The thing is, however, that my plateau is much lower than it used to be, which to me is a win. So yes, it could be ToM, it could be your body slowing down. Weight does fluctuate, so it could even be (a) sodium rich day/few days that have caused some water retention. It will drop off again.

@KelseyRL! You seems to be running on a similar journey to me with the failure to focus and now finally getting back to it again! I started picking up exercise again properly in January, but it’s taken until the end Jan for it to really start to show. That is why I added measurements to my last Jan weigh in to show progress. But send me some belly shrinks, I’ll send you some hips/bum shrinks in return ;-)

@Go_Deskercise Keep going, it will start moving in the right direction!
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Height: 5'0" / 133 cm
    HW: 61.7 kg
    GW: 47.5

SW: 56.5 kg / 34.9% BFP
    Feb GW: 55.8 kg / 33.4% BFP

Jan 30: 56.5 kg / 34.9% BFP
    February 6: 56.4 kg / 35.3% BFP
    February 13:
    February 20:
    February 27:

Bit of a frustrating one, once again. Felt really spot-on in terms of tracking & exercise, thought I could see some real changes in my body, was actually really excited for my weigh-in this week and then... BAM. Only a .1kg decrease and an increase in BFP. Ugh.

I know I went over budget on Superbowl Sunday, but I balanced that budget with deficits through the rest of the week so I was at the same net balance. And it is still a loss. Plus, I measure BFP off the gym scale so I know that's not 100% accurate, but I use the same machine for a consistent picture.

This morning though, I thought of something which might be doing this. During the January accountability, I actually gained weight during this same week. I take the pill continuously for health reasons, so I don't get my period monthly, so I'm a little less in tune with my cycle than most women. I'm wondering if, considering the time frame, and the fact that I've been really smashing it in terms of performance and PBs, etc. If TOM has anything to do with it. Hormones are hormones after all...

Will have to see what next week's weigh in brings. If I see a back-to-normal drop, at least I'll be a little bit more prepared in March!
  • Starflight00
    Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member

Low carb is good, fat literally melts off you body, but you have to be careful if/when you return to normal lifestyle not to overeat again. That's how I gained all I lost and some more back (I was on Atkins).
  • Starflight00
    bribucks wrote: »
    Right now I am trying to convince my mother in law to join MFP! She has been trying to lose weight for forever, but always tries crash/fad diets for like a week then gives up. She is willing to give MFP a try, but she’s not the most technologically savvy, so we’ll see.

Sounds like my mom... She's obese, I made her MFP account, I got her a Fitbit and still she won't take action. "But tracking is so hard... But I don't know what to eat that's healthy..." Google, woman! She's 2000km away, so I can't really do more than offer advice. \*rant over, sorry\*
  • Starflight00
    Sojo15 wrote: »
    January was quite successful, my goal was 149 lbs and I dipped under that. Lost close to 9 lbs since 26 of Dec. But now I reached another freaking plateau this week. It must be related to TOM, right? I have like 10 days before the witch arrives. I am just concerned I am miscalculating calories.

I'm sooo with you: super rapid loss in January, plateau now and more than a week to go before TOM. Just hang in there, don't relapse, it will pass!

• Starflight00
    @rianneonamission good thinking of tracking measurements! wish I'd thought of that too...
  • Starflight00
    Hey everyone! I've had a very stressful couple of weeks, I feel I'm barely holding on. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself for an upcoming deadline, Feb 11. I love this group though, it helps to just write down what I'm going through.

Outside of school stress, I have also been annoyed at my weight. My trend weight went up over a pound in January. I've been eating around 1850 calories / day, and not eating back exercise calories. I'm still figuring out this whole maintenance thing, but I really think 1850 is slightly below maintenance calories for me. The good news is that I *finally* got my period, so I'm expecting a big whoosh on the scale.

Height: 5'7"
    Feb start weight: 145.5
    Goal: Maintain 142-147

As per IIFYM maintenance calories (TDEE) for your height and 145 lbs is 1641 cal. I don't know your age, but assumed 27 judging by your nickname. :) Seems you might be slightly overeating.

Hope all is good by the deadline, don't stress out too much though, you've got it!