TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to March and a special welcome to the newcomers. Please introduce yourself to the team so we can extend a proper greeting.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I have been with this team since October and in a leadership role since December. I am your captain for March.

I did really well with this challenge until Christmas, then I completely fell off the rails. I am hoping March is my month to get back in the groove! Being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water!!

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EST, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great March, everyone!!
  • PlummerBecky
    PlummerBecky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy March... I will need to change my Weigh in Days to Friday. Starting a new eating plan and exercise routine and Fridays are the weigh in days.

• SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello! To any new people, or anyone in general, while the goal is to lose weight and try to get our team to the top, don't feel bad about gaining on a week. No one here has made me feel worse than I did myself and I think I'm one of the worst strugglers on the team.

Ive been learning a lot about how I can do things to make it work for me. I ordered a food scale that should arrive this week or next to further help me. I've found my fun exercise (tae kwon doe- hence the name) and then some exercises not exactly fun for me, but will help me tone my body to look the way I want to look when it's all said and done. However, you can't out work a bad diet as is said. That's where I struggle. I'm learning some tricks, and I feel I'm getting better every week even if it's not much.

Anyway, no judgements here. Only uplifting people.
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Welcome Big Butts!

This is my third challenge and I'm back and ready to tackle March!

• SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    @HASWLRS would it be possible to change my weigh in day to Monday?
    Weekends seem to be my downfall so hoping if I change it to Monday it’ll keep me on track over the weekends x
  • NEEENYA
    NEEENYA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am pretty new on using this app, almost a month in. The first week wa great until I went on a weekend vacation, then weekends got harder to track. But I'm hoping that since I have joined an inspiring group, I will not let others down!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    NEEENYA wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am pretty new on using this app, almost a month in. The first week wa great until I went on a weekend vacation, then weekends got harder to track. But I'm hoping that since I have joined an inspiring group, I will not let others down!

Welcome, @NEEENYA! Being accountable is a great tool for most people in their weight loss journey. We hope we can inspire you along the way as we keep you accountable!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good evening, team. The March challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet when Sunday rolls around! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, March 4th!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    A warm welcome to our new team mates @elizabethpolonski7, @okalex, @tpsiwq1, @lesliemc87, and @khari2018 who seem to be a little shy. Post a little into so we can "hi" and get to know you! We are very friendly, I promise!!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS when do we start posting in this thread as opposed to the February thread??
  • NEEENYA
    NEEENYA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if post mine a day early. I'm currently living in Japan so I'm a day ahead (if everyone is back stateside). So I'm not trying to get too ahead but just a heads up (:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS when do we start posting in this thread as opposed to the February thread??

Sunday, March 4th
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS would it be possible to change my weigh in day to Monday?
    Weekends seem to be my downfall so hoping if I change it to Monday it’ll keep me on track over the weekends x

Done. Monday is your new weigh-in day.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy March... I will need to change my Weigh in Days to Friday. Starting a new eating plan and exercise routine and Fridays are the weigh in days.

Done. Friday is your new weigh-in day.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    NEEENYA wrote: »
    Is it okay if post mine a day early. I'm currently living in Japan so I'm a day ahead (if everyone is back stateside). So I'm not trying to get too ahead but just a heads up (:

We have Monday down as your weigh-in day. Whenever "Monday" is to you, you can post your weight then. And thank you for the heads up!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    A warm welcome to our new team mates @elizabethpolonski7, @okalex, @tpsiwq1, @lesliemc87, and @khari2018 who seem to be a little shy. Post a little into so we can "hi" and get to know you! We are very friendly, I promise!!

It was supposed to say "intro" as in post a little introduction.
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 10,423
  • beckaboo0110
    beckaboo0110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning. My name is Rebekah. I have loss weight in the past and know what to do. However, for some crazy reason, its still hard. I work in the medical field. I do low carb with my husband who is diabetic. Looking forward to this challenge and loosing some weight. Good luck everyone
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello EVeryone, My name is Terry. I am a 59 year old female and lost about 24 pounds last year in preparation for a trip. I put it all back on when I returned home. I didn't quite make my goal weight which is 135 lbs, (note name 135Terry :) ). I am hoping I can develop new habits that will help me both lose the weight and keep it off. I have also joined the UAC which falls in line with next weeks challenge. Good Luck Everyone. We can do this!
This discussion has been closed.