TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    khari2018 wrote: »
    Hello, I am krishna. I am a mother of 2 boys who are 5 and 6 . Living in Albuquerque. Working as a test engineer. Have always been heavy. Tried losing weight many times unsuccessfully. Diabetic. Have pcos and insulin resistance. Loves to cook and eat. Still have to get used to log my food.

Nice to meet you Krishna. It sounds like you are a busy working mother. I know we have other mothers on the team with young children, too. Mine are 24 and 22, so not children anymore! I am sorry to hear that you have some health struggles, but nothing you can't work with, right? And you can still enjoy your love of cooking and your love of eating, just in moderation. Everything in moderation!! Of course, that's where logging your food comes into play, which you know. The Mini Challenge will be perfect for you and will get you into that habit of tracking what you eat. Best of luck, and we are here to support you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning. My name is Rebekah. I have loss weight in the past and know what to do. However, for some crazy reason, its still hard. I work in the medical field. I do low carb with my husband who is diabetic. Looking forward to this challenge and loosing some weight. Good luck everyone

Nice to meet you Rebekah. I know what you mean about losing weight. I know how to do it and I've done it many times before, too. So, why is it so hard sometimes? The best I can come up with is we get inside our own heads and get in our own way. But no more! It's not rocket science....eat less, move more!! (The Mini Challenge is great for ensuring this happens, BTW!) We can do this! And the whole team is here to offer support. Good luck to you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    135terry wrote: »
    Hello EVeryone, My name is Terry. I am a 59 year old female and lost about 24 pounds last year in preparation for a trip. I put it all back on when I returned home. I didn't quite make my goal weight which is 135 lbs, (note name 135Terry :) ). I am hoping I can develop new habits that will help me both lose the weight and keep it off. I have also joined the UAC which falls in line with next weeks challenge. Good Luck Everyone. We can do this!

Nice to meet you, Terry. Well, the good news is that you know how to lose weight if you have lost 24 pounds in the past. The UAC and the Mini Challenge (which is on going, BTW, not just for next week) are the perfect tools to help you lose that 24 (and then some) again. Love your user name, which is also your goal. Mine, too. The HASW stands for my goal of becoming a Healthy And Sexy Wife, and then my initials. My husband already thinks I am sexy (he's wonderful!), but I want to feel it, as well. Good luck to you, too, and yes, we can do this!!
  • lesliemc87
    lesliemc87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, My name is Leslie. I'm from Orange County California and I am 30 years old. I used to be fit and smaller, but I gained a lot of weight years back and have now been slowly getting rid of it. By slowly I mean being on top of it for like 3 months and losing 20 or 30 pounds and then the rest of the year just going back to old habits. I am here to get it together and get me back.

I also have a lot of trips that include a beach, a river, or a pool this year that I want to be ready for.
  • beckaboo0110
    beckaboo0110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise does everyone do?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    dopey520 wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone, My name is Albert. I am a 33 year old Army Veteran and I am here to lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle. I have used this method before and lost 60 pounds close to three years ago but did not maintain due to outlying factors. I hit the 350 pound mark on January 15th and realized I needed a change not only for me but for my family. On my last weigh in (2/26/18) I was at the 335 mark so 15 pounds in a little under a month and half is not bad so I want to stay on track.

This is my first mini challenge through the website, I've only ever utilized the calorie tracker on here. I use a FitBit to track my activity throughout the day. I'm on a 39 day streak in logging all my calories on the app so it has definitely become a habit. Look forward to seeing what this challenge is all about and the added support & motivation can't hurt. Good Luck everyone and see you at the finish line!!

Nice to meet you, Albert. First off, thank you for your service to your country!! Secondly, congratulations on losing 15 pounds in under 6 weeks. You are "in the zone" if you have been logging your food intake on the app for 39 days and counting!! You are definitely a good candidate for the Mini Challenge!! As far as I know you are the only guy in our group...thank you for representing the other half! We will strive to offer the support and motivation you are looking for. Best of luck on your goals!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    lesliemc87 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone, My name is Leslie. I'm from Orange County California and I am 30 years old. I used to be fit and smaller, but I gained a lot of weight years back and have now been slowly getting rid of it. By slowly I mean being on top of it for like 3 months and losing 20 or 30 pounds and then the rest of the year just going back to old habits. I am here to get it together and get me back.

I also have a lot of trips that include a beach, a river, or a pool this year that I want to be ready for.

Nice to meet you, Leslie! We are a very encouraging bunch, so I hope we can help you get it back together! Bathing suit holidays are always a good motivator. Best of luck!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Good question, Rebekah! We'll make it our first Question of the Week: What is your current exercise of choice, or if you are not currently exercising, what would you like to get into?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    My exercise of choice is walking. I was running in December, but like everything else in my life, it just stopped once Christmas hit and hasn't started back up. My goal is to get back into running. This week, I am just walking....slowly getting back into. I also have a gym membership that I would love to use for more than just the treadmill!!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Username: Lawyerette
    Weigh in week: February Week 4 / March Week 0
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 197.4
    Current weight: 196.0

Loss this week: 1.4lbs

January loss: 13lbs
    February loss: 4lbs
    Overall loss to date with TBBT: 17lbs
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Question of the Week: What is your current exercise of choice?

Currently, I am trying to really focus on strength training. I've got a lot of muscle under this fat and I'd like to firm it up!

• SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week: What is your current exercise of choice?

Currently, I am trying to really focus on strength training. I've got a lot of muscle under this fat and I'd like to firm it up!

I second this! I'm currently strength training with bodyweight or low weights at home to retain what muscle I have, and later build that muscle up just a tad. I am also in LOVE with Tae Kwon Doe, which I have stated in my intro post.
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I’m glad March is here, although we had to cancel school today because of the severe flooding. I’m currently house sitting with four dogs and it has made it difficult to get my daily walk in. I hope everyone has a great month and I look forward to continuing with the team! -Kate
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Repost because I posted in February by accident.

Thursday steps 10099
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Hello all, I’m glad March is here, although we had to cancel school today because of the severe flooding. I’m currently house sitting with four dogs and it has made it difficult to get my daily walk in. I hope everyone has a great month and I look forward to continuing with the team! -Kate

Stay safe, Kate! We've been seeing the flooding in your area on The Weather Channel and it looks pretty bad! Four dogs you say....good luck with that!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    dopey520 wrote: »

Question of the Week: What is your current exercise of choice, or if you are not currently exercising, what would you like to get into?

Currently I go to Planet Fitness so that way I am out of the house and able to commit and maintain(no motivation when trying to work out at home). I am currently doing cardio for 45 minutes 5-6 days out of the week; which includes treadmill, elliptical, bike, and stair master. Crunches/Sit ups every M, W, F and Light Strength training T, Th, Sat. I say light because I do not want to bulk up while I am trying to lose weight so my sets are light to medium weight but with HIGH reps in order to help burn fat.

Motivation is the hardest part in this, I am not a morning person so going to the gym before work is a killer but I've been consistent so far.

You make yourself go to the gym first thing in the morning even though you don't really want to....That's not motivation, my friend, that's commitment!!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We have four more new team mates who have yet to make their way over here and post a little intro. @Journey4Jen, @miroller, @VintageGeek42 and @shanell3827. Please do, so we can give you a proper welcome! We are very friendly, I promise!
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I'm new and really excited to be a part of this. The pounds have crept up on me over the last few years (mostly due to wine and sweets) and having 2 children who are 1 and 4 yrs old. My goal is to fit into the half of my closet that's currently too small. And to have more energy. Im joining to keep myself accountable and for the socialization/support of a group which is so important! My biggest challenge is finding time to work out at my gym due to family and work obligations, not to mention I'm very prone to stress-eating and like being lazy. I don't really have an ultimate goal weight in mind, but would like to drop 20-30 lbs and sustain it.
This discussion has been closed.