primekayprime
    Mar Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Sun
    Previous Weight: 228.4
    Today's Weight: 226.6
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    The results are in for February. Overall for the whole month, our own @katevt78 came 3rd with a loss of 4.78%. Well done, Kate!! Way to make us proud!!

We had 4 Big Butts lose 2% of their body weight or more last month:
    @katevt78 - 4.78%
    @primekayprime - 2.97%
    @Rielyn - 2.69%
    @lawyerette - 2.00%

Very nicely done, ladies!!

As a team, we lost 43.1 pounds in February, but did not place in the top three. Let's see if we can't crack the top three in March!! Go TBBT!!!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I didn't get this posted before the Feb thread closed. Not sure if it still counts, but I'm gonna post it here anyway:

Mar 3
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise N

I had a very busy day yesterday and did not make time for exercise :(
    This week will be about getting myself back on a consistent schedule.
    Let's go Big Butts!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    primekayprime
    Mar Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Sun
    Previous Weight: 228.4
    Today's Weight: 226.6

Very consistent ~2 pound weekly loss! Sustainable for the long haul and a great start to your week! Also, a great start to our week, here on team Big Butt Theory!! Thank you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I didn't get this posted before the Feb thread closed. Not sure if it still counts, but I'm gonna post it here anyway:

Mar 3
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise N

I had a very busy day yesterday and did not make time for exercise :(
    This week will be about getting myself back on a consistent schedule.
    Let's go Big Butts!

Absolutely post here, Kay! "February" has closed, but team TBBT is still open!! Plan out your schedule for the week today. Yes, things may come up that alter that plan, but you have to have a starting point!
  • Jess_Weatherton4
    Jess_Weatherton4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    My name is Jessica I’m 28 years old. Married and have two children ages 5 & 3. I work full time and my husband travels for work months at a time so it gets challenging to get work outs in with. I really think the motivation of a team will really get me going! After having my second child 3 years ago I lost a total of 30 lbs but have been stuck between the 160-170 for a good while now. Let kick butt!!!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    So my biggest challenge with sticking to my healthier lifestyle goals has been accountability. I joined this group to remain accountable. I'm posting my workout schedule for this week in the hopes that it helps keep me on track. I expect my teammates to call me on my *kitten* if you see me getting off-track. It's what I need from you guys!

Sun 20min cardio
    Mon 20min yoga
    Tue 20min strength training + 20min cardio
    Wed rest day
    Thu 20min strength training + 20min cardio
    Fri 20 min strength training + 15min yoga
    Sat rest day

I may need to tweak this a bit as I'm trying to find a schedule that works for me and keeps my goals of weight loss, strength, and flexibility in mind: 3 days of cardio, 3 days of strength training, 2 days of yoga is the goal. I don't have any reason why I can't get these done this week short of falling ill or a serious emergency.

I'm a no-nonsense type of gal so you don't have to worry about upsetting me by calling me out! This is a commitment that I've made to myself and being reminded of that when I'm slacking is not upsetting to me.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    My name is Jessica I’m 28 years old. Married and have two children ages 5 & 3. I work full time and my husband travels for work months at a time so it gets challenging to get work outs in with. I really think the motivation of a team will really get me going! After having my second child 3 years ago I lost a total of 30 lbs but have been stuck between the 160-170 for a good while now. Let kick butt!!!

Welcome, Jessica! Another mother with young children on the team! Yes, it would be hard to get workouts in with your husband not there all the time to help watch the kids. A YouTube workout once they have been put to bed perhaps? Congratulations on losing those thirty pounds and basically maintaining for a while now! That is hard to do!!! I hope we can provide the motivation you are looking for to move forward with your weight loss!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @primekayprime, I don't have a problem calling you out if you don't do what you just said you were going to do! I hope the rest of the team will follow suit!!
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Steps Saturday 5583
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning, team. The March challenge officially starts today, Sunday, March 4th. Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, March 4th!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    my3boys424 wrote: »
    Steps Saturday 5583

Do you have a Friday step count?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    my3boys424 wrote: »
    Steps Saturday 5583

Do you have a Friday step count?

Found it!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yep I am also in the UAC! I’m trying to hold myself accountable as many places as possible! Great I’ll be posting!
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Drea and this is my first challenge! I’m really excited to join this challenge to keep me motivated on my journey! Since Jan 1, I’ve lost 25.1 lbs!!! I look forward to getting this challenge started go team Big Butt Theory!!! >:)

@drea2011 Welcome to our Biggest Loser team. I think we are also in the "March Ultimate Accountability Challenge" together. You may have noticed at the beginning of our "Big Butt Theory" team thread here, we do a similar "Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge." So, if you're interested, you can post your "logged, calories, exercise" each day on our team here also. Then our team captain, HASWLRS, posts a weekly "team" winners circle for that mini challenge and one other mini challenge going on with us "Big Butt Theory" team members. Happy to have you on our team. :smile:

• drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Yes next week I’ll be setting you guys off great!!! <3B)
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Starting weight (3/1): 226.9

Current weight (3/4): 229.8- it’s my TOM :( hence the extra lbs. I’ll be back to normal next week sorry guys nothing I can do about it believe me if I could, I would!

Hi, Drea! I'm glad to have another brave (or crazy?) soul join me for the Sun weigh-in! We gotta get the week started off right for our teammates!

• VintageGeek42
    VintageGeek42 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey all..
    I'm only in my second week of counting my caleries and have been using MFP a few days..
    I've ordered myself a fitbit, which should arrive Tuesday (post has been a bit slowly with us having snow for a change)..
    Weekends tend to be a bit chaotic, with work events and visiting friends..
    BUT...
    I attended a birthday party Saturday night, still managed to stayed on plan and even though I was the only sober one - had a great night.. Plus - no hang over this morning - unlike my friends and husband.. Hehe

I'm excited about pushing on, and improving week on week..
    Have a good week everyone :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey all..
    I'm only in my second week of counting my caleries and have been using MFP a few days..
    I've ordered myself a fitbit, which should arrive Tuesday (post has been a bit slowly with us having snow for a change)..
    Weekends tend to be a bit chaotic, with work events and visiting friends..
    BUT...
    I attended a birthday party Saturday night, still managed to stayed on plan and even though I was the only sober one - had a great night.. Plus - no hang over this morning - unlike my friends and husband.. Hehe

I'm excited about pushing on, and improving week on week..
    Have a good week everyone :)

Fitbits can be great tools to remind us to move more!! Plus, if you have to go back up a flight of stairs because you forgot what you went up for in the first place, then at least you get some step credit for it!

Great job at attending the birthday party and sticking to plan. By foregoing the alcohol and paying attention to what you eat, it can be done if one so chooses to do so!!! And like you said, no hang over either!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We have a lot of new members on the team this month and we have a lot of people weighing in on Mondays. So this is just a friendly reminder for the following to post their weights on this thread tomorrow, Monday, March 5th: @dopey520, @GardenMama129, @katevt78, @MelsLeanDream, @NEEENYA, @SamanthaLouiseMence, @shanell3827, @thedestar, @tpsiwq1 and @VintageGeek42.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge Sunday, March 4th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, a 21 minute walk so I could say "yes" to exercise!!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge Sunday March 4th
    Logged food - yes
    under calories -yes
    exercise - yes, 20 min on treadmill
This discussion has been closed.