Beginning keto low carb tomorrow ...

Options
sallyann8
sallyann8 Posts: 41 Member
Hi just thought I'd introduce myself, beginning keto low carb tomorrow, yes I've loads to lose, but really have chosen this after hearing about all the health benefits. Hoping not to get the keto flu!! :/

Replies

• jamie_0815
    jamie_0815 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Sally. I am also starting a Keto diet tomorrow. I am excited to try Keto. Add me if you would like a Keto friend:-)
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am on day 4 of Keto. So far, I am honestly enjoying this new lifestyle. I know, I have a long journey to travel on this road...but, I am desperate and need to stick with it, and see the results one month from now. Note: I am not going to weigh myself often, just once a month...I do not won't to become addicted to the scale...but listening to my body...allow my body to tell me how I am doing.
  • ladieluck
    ladieluck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me as friend...me too doing keto..need friends
  • MIssnewme9211
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I had to figure out how to add friends. I sent a request.
  • VanVan136
    VanVan136 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im just approaching week 3 of the keto lifestyle, you can always ask me for recipe ideas, workouts, anything keto related...have done a lot of extensive research.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m looking to keto. How do I calculate my macro and are certain foods (other than carbs) off limits?

Thanks!
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    sallyann8 wrote: »
    Hi just thought I'd introduce myself, beginning keto low carb tomorrow, yes I've loads to lose, but really have chosen this after hearing about all the health benefits. Hoping not to get the keto flu!! :/

Making sure you stay on top of getting the proper electrolytes EVERY day, will definitely keep you from getting the keto flu.
  • 357girl
    357girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been on keto for 8 days, down 7.5 pounds and feeling pretty good! I've been checking in on the forums because connecting with other people is helping to keep me on track.
  • BrenishaGlover
    BrenishaGlover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, started keto lifestyle change Feb 1st. In need of keto buddies!
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started today...Would love some keto buddies!
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    kyunda wrote: »
    Hi I’m looking to keto. How do I calculate my macro and are certain foods (other than carbs) off limits?

Thanks!
    Go to YouTube, look up Dr.Eric Westman and Dr . KenDBerryMD. This will be your ultimate start/guide with Keto lifestyle. Also check out the YouTube channel, "Butter will make your pants fall off."
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    Y'all... I am right there with you all you all can friend me because I can't figure out how to do that just yet. I am on day 5 of Keto, and it's going great. I think this is going to be the God send to my life I have been asking for for so many decades now. I'm ready to lose this weight once and for all and keep it off the rest of my life.
  • MIssnewme9211
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Y'all, I am keeping this as basic, and as simple as I possibly can. I don't have money to buy grass-fed beef or organic anything. I am eating what I can afford to eat. I am following the rules of those two men I mentioned previously Dr. Eric Westman and Dr. KenDBerry on YouTube. As well as, I've researched a few other random keto dieters, but if you all keep it simple, don't overcomplicate..you and I should be fine. This is my personal goal, and I think if we all together stick to that philosophy will do great.
  • RaeHea
    RaeHea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started Keto today, so far so good. I have a long weekend off so I can deal with any side effects. Please add me, we can support each other.
  • anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 109 and loving every minute of it!! Keto has literally changed my life. I've dropped 53 pounds and over 26" since Nov 10, 2017. Keep it simple, don't try to over think things and just let it flow. For you that are just starting, if I can do this, anyone can. You got this!!

What an amazing progress! Kudos to you and bless your journey!
  • anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    kyunda wrote: »

Thanks!

https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/ is a great resource IMHO
  • sallyann8
    sallyann8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So many really inspiring stories,I'm on day 5 now and actually enjoying it (surprised myself) I'm using diet doctor and Don Colbert' book 'Keto zone diet' for info. Feel free to friend me as I haven't got a clue how to do it! :*:):)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Keto... down 6lbs... so far so good!!