• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour Snatch "practice"
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: 1 hour Snatch "practice" -- what really happened was far better than that. I finally FINALLY got the snatch right and moved up to real "bumper" plates. FINALLY! It's been 8 weeks of trying and not succeeding. Now I can work on actually snatching heavy. REALLY happy about this. I mean my gym performance lately has been great, all around great--been hitting and exceeding all of my weight goals and I knew I would get there, but today I decided to try something a little different and it finally happened, super excited.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 218.6
    Cw 217.6
    Not what I wanted but it’s not a gain
    Track yes
    Calories was till I hit a birthday party even saving calories it was probably close
    Exercise yes
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise 14,745 steps per my pedometer. I forgot to turn my phone on after I charged it. So it only reads 11,159 steps.

DST is kicking my butt right now.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. Yes, one run and two long walks.
    Water. Yes

Hey everyone! Sorry, I just do not have a lot of time this week and will be gone from Friday the 16th till Monday the 26th. I want to read everyone's updates and progress but just no time right now. :( Sorry!

I will weigh in on Friday but will most likely be missing weigh in for the 23rd.

Everything's going great though! The hardest part will be getting back on track after a vacay. You guys all know how that can be! Keep at it team, you guys rock!!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @Fyreside , What are you talking about?? This looks SUPER impressive. Seriously awesome. I know that was a lot of work. As of now I'm too lazy for all of that but YOU ROCK! Back when I used to camp and backpack I would just buy the dehrydrated meals. I toyed with the idea of doing my own but...nah...lol.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Last Sunday 152.6
    This Sunday feb 12. 152.4
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. Walking 20 min.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily Post: Sunday

Calories: No
    Exercise: Definitely not unless studying all day is exercise.
    Water: Probably not. Will get back to focusing on this during finals week. I just drink as much as I can.

Comments:
    So I was actually much better this weekend than usual. I got on the scale this morning and it's moved further down. So that's great! Yay. I feel that I'm finally back on track.
    On another note, I've noticed that sometimes I'll be good all day but when I come home it's extremely difficult to resist the delicious food that my mom cooks for the family and have a salad or veggie-filled meal instead. My parents are also both overweight and my little 10 year old brother is also getting kind of chubby. The only thin person is my other brother who is a year younger than me but he doesn't eat particularly healthily either. I've been eating much healthier the past few months than previously and I think my family has noticed. I finally got a tape measure for body measurements and I measured my little brothers height and weight and found out he's in the overweight category for his age group. :/ I told my family that it's not a coincidence that the majority of the family is overweight. It indicates an issue that we have as a family. There's an obvious pattern. I think we all overeat or at least we're not feeding ourselves nutrient filled foods and instead we're just eating for taste rather than thinking "I'm going to eat this because it's nutrient-rich for my body." Of course, certain family members are better at this (my dad for example loves to eat stuff that might not taste good but he knows is good for him) than others. They agreed with me. So we've decided to make a change as a family since we've been getting concerned for my little brother's weight gain as well. I think this is really great and a step in the right direction. Last night I got everyone's starting weights and we've decided to plan ahead with our meals. It's a lot of work and commitment and I'm going to have to be the lead 'planner' but I think it's worth it and hopefully we can maintain eating healthily in the long run. Sorry for such a long post but it's exciting and I thought I'd write it down. I think this will make it easier on me as well though if the whole family is on board instead of just me resisting everything all of the time. If you're read this far, first of all thank you, and do you have any tips?
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily Post: Sunday

Exercise: Definitely not unless studying all day is exercise.
    Water: Probably not. Will get back to focusing on this during finals week. I just drink as much as I can.

Comments:
    So I was actually much better this weekend than usual. I got on the scale this morning and it's moved further down. So that's great! Yay. I feel that I'm finally back on track.
    On another note, I've noticed that sometimes I'll be good all day but when I come home it's extremely difficult to resist the delicious food that my mom cooks for the family and have a salad or veggie-filled meal instead. My parents are also both overweight and my little 10 year old brother is also getting kind of chubby. The only thin person is my other brother who is a year younger than me but he doesn't eat particularly healthily either. I've been eating much healthier the past few months than previously and I think my family has noticed. I finally got a tape measure for body measurements and I measured my little brothers height and weight and found out he's in the overweight category for his age group. :/ I told my family that it's not a coincidence that the majority of the family is overweight. It indicates an issue that we have as a family. There's an obvious pattern. I think we all overeat or at least we're not feeding ourselves nutrient filled foods and instead we're just eating for taste rather than thinking "I'm going to eat this because it's nutrient-rich for my body." Of course, certain family members are better at this (my dad for example loves to eat stuff that might not taste good but he knows is good for him) than others. They agreed with me. So we've decided to make a change as a family since we've been getting concerned for my little brother's weight gain as well. I think this is really great and a step in the right direction. Last night I got everyone's starting weights and we've decided to plan ahead with our meals. It's a lot of work and commitment and I'm going to have to be the lead 'planner' but I think it's worth it and hopefully we can maintain eating healthily in the long run. Sorry for such a long post but it's exciting and I thought I'd write it down. I think this will make it easier on me as well though if the whole family is on board instead of just me resisting everything all of the time. If you're read this far, first of all thank you, and do you have any tips?

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals: Good strong day today. Finished with a few hours spent cooking up portioned meals for the rest of the week.
    Exercise: Yes
    Water Intake: Yes

Last week I bought myself one of those food vacuum seal thingys. I don't have any refrigeration out in the bush yet, and the hope is I can freeze these sealed portions to get more life out of them in my cooler and spend more time on the land without compromising my dietary plans. I'd actually be happy enough to hunt, but the feral animals on my land are riddled with parasites, the bunnies have myxi or worse and well.. I kinda like having the kangaroos around.

It sure doesn't look very impressive in the photo lol, not considering the hours I put into it all haha. In front are 484cal portions of beef bolognese with cheese, and one of those 612cal chicken meals I posted about a few weeks ago. At the back is my first batch of keto choc icecream and on the left a few lb of scratch made butter chicken.
    tj8qkzltbyrz.jpg

I'd like to say I will add a bit of salad to one of those parcels.. But lets be realistic here. I'll just heat one up in a billy full of water then eat it straight out of the bag while sitting by the fire lol.

Great job!!! We're going camping in 2 weeks and all I'm bring is my cast iron skillet, a bunch of meat and other misc. food items. I'm looking forward to cooking a steak over the fire!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/12
    Track: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

Blew it yesterday, I got too hungry and started eating things I shouldn't. Today however is a brand new day!
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 268
    Today's Weight: 268.5

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    This past weekend was my exchange student's last weekend here in the US (she's from Japan). We had a lot of food places she still wanted to try before she left, so I will take this half pound gain and be perfectly okay with it. Luckily I had planned enough walking activities to offset most of the extra food.

Monday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Exercise: Got my normal walking in plus a few pushups.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Sorry this is late guys, apparently MFP not telling me when I get new messages is becoming a problem.

Winner's Circle March Week 1 (3/3-3/10):

1st Place (Posted 7-6 of 7 days):

@carlsoda @Fyreside @jennfalzon1979 @JJKM02 @memery7 @mexiconona @WinkyElf

2nd Place (Posted 4-5 of 7 Days):

@143tobe @crazedknight @gemwolf110 @jenngitch @nfabros @tinak33

3rd Place (Posted 3 or 7 days):

@IanMoone30 @ssssanaaaa

Honorable Mention (made an effort to post, even if it was only once):
    @CourtneyLomonaco @missemmibelle @mjohemme @rlaratte

Great job everyone!! There are a lot of winner's this week and I'm really proud of all of you for your efforts and successes!! Keep up the great work and let's have another great week!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday

Exercise: back at the stairs!!
    Water: 112 oz

Did well in the morning and early afternoon.... then late afternoon hit and I needed to eat all the things.
    But I kept it in check and attempted to eat a light dinner. It didn't turn out to be very light, but since I used a small plate, it couldn't get any bigger!
  • AB0215
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily Post for Tuesday It didn't turn out to be very light, but since I used a small plate, it couldn't get any bigger!

That's funny, I use a big plate, and just fill it with a lot of salad or broccoli.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily Post for Tuesday It didn't turn out to be very light, but since I used a small plate, it couldn't get any bigger!

That's funny, I use a big plate, and just fill it with a lot of salad or broccoli.

HAHAHA
    If I have a big plate, I need to fill it..... And I didn't have salad, just a bit of mixed veggies. Plus I wasn't THAT hungry.... So I opted for the small plate. Then I can fill it, and not have as much as I would with the big plate. :)
  • memery7
    Options
    memery7
    March Week2
    Tuesday
    PW 173
    CW 170
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 1 hour body pump. 30 mins treadmill
    Water. 84 ounces
  • memery7
    Options
    Daily Post- Tuesday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise Yes I'm counting the. 3 stores that I walked around grocery shopping tonight because I could've sent the boys.
    Water Yes

• ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday

Track: Yes, everything!
    Calories: Yes! was just like 17 calories over.
    Exercise:No.
    Water: Not sure but I tried.

Comments: I stepped on the scale this morning again and I was down another pound? What is going on? Letting go of water weight now that I'm back on track again? Took two finals this morning back to back starting at 8:30 AM with Physics then Organic Chemistry 10 minutes after. Pray for me, guys lol. On Monday I did REALLY well! And all of my meals with the exception of dinner were pretty nutritious!
This discussion has been closed.