OMADon - 2018

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NICE! Back on track! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good job getting your weight back down and its a great thing that you're going to get a check up :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Well I weighed yesterday, and am back down to 261. (So, a pound down from my spiral into the caloric abyss...) Good to be back on track and looking forward to this week. Got some Tilapia for tonight (looking for a decent low cal fry recipe) and some yummy asparagus. I might try to whip up some more of that slaw as well...

Sleep has also seemed to level out. Working sane hours again does that. I decided it is time to go to the doctor and get checked out. I haven't been in what seems like years, and I'd like to get some levels checked. My bp was running high, and I am supposed to be on medication for it., I can't remember when the last time I took it was... :s

I can taste the 250's and I am headed in that direction. I think I will need to drop a pant size soon. My belt may also be due for an upgrade. I suppose there are worse problems. Good week all.^^

You will get there. Just keep it up. I had high blood pressure and now after dropping 50+, I don't anymore. That is worth it alone. Keep it going!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Well I was having some trouble sleeping, and so I thought I would post last night's meal. I didn't end up cooking the asparagus as there was some broccoli in the house whose time had come. I steamed it instead. Also no slaw, but the Tilapia came out really well. I did an oven bake with a spritz of olive oil and some sriracha garlic breading I invented. Paired well with the chunky guac...

rn5jqshulfke.jpg
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    ohhh, now that looks yummy.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    The Siracha breading looks wonderful
  • bandwidthbandit
    Update time.^^

I am officially in the 250's. I weighed in yesterday at 259.1 and almost screamed out loud (which would have been bad since it was around 4:30 a.m.). I have lost 44 pounds since January 1st, and I am beginning to think I may have found an actual lifestyle change instead of a "diet." You all have been instrumental in my small successes so far this year, and I am grateful.

On that note, tonight's dinner:
    ny44olabgfcg.jpg
    Chicken & Cheese Tostadas with Salsa Verde Avacado Dressing and spicy Fiesta Potatoes...

Also the "What are you eating?" thread inspired this 'Breakfast 4 Dinner' the other night:
    0swiyb0mfxgo.jpg
    Egg White/Cheese/Turkey Sausage on my favorite Sourdough English Muffins. Add my No-Fry Home Fries and I'm in Heaven.

• ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    44 pounds is amazing! Way to go. Breakfast for dinner is the best.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Congrats on your loss!!! I'm getting so hungry looking at that yummy food :p
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Great loss. Your food always looks amazing! I hope I'm in the 240s next week...
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I so happy for your success, and I love breakfast for dinner!
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Well done, @bandwidthbandit - you continue to be an inspiration!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Haha, go ahead and scream, you've earned it.
    Congrats on your awesome weight loss.
    I'll let you in on a little secret, it IS a lifestyle rather than a diet.
    Keep it up!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I agree with Jim, it is a lifestyle. A WOE that one can live with, lose with, and maintain with. You are doing great!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Just catching up on your thread, and you have had such awesome progress! Congrats!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    That is awesome! congrats.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You are doing GREAT!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is just amazing!!!
  • bandwidthbandit
    Quickie update again. I am running for work again, but not onsite for a project this time. (Which allows me all the time I need to prepare a stellar OMAD...) Tonight it was more of that Swordfish (with orange zest and dill) and a roasted red pepper & avacado salad. My favorite low-down dirty bourbon with a hint of Coke Zero to wash it down.
    qhj23b5vv758.jpg
    Things are going well in general with me. Each night is an adventure in eating, and I am still enjoying the process of cooking almost as much as that of eating. So far from where I was a few months ago, where I was just shoveling garbage into my face. (P.S. That is 1.01 lb of fish... I savored every morsel. So worth it!)
  • Brendalea69
    I'm glad things are going good for you :) That fish looks yummy!!!