Meaty May

Options
kirkor
kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
A friend and I are doing a month of carnivore-style eating in May --- anyone else up for joining us?

I'll cross-post in the carnivore group cy4Ob2o.png

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Hhmmmm..... I should probably do this again.
  • cricketpower
    cricketpower Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I guess it's official! :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I'll sticky your challenge threads for you when the time comes. :smile:
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I got a new smoker so bring it on LOL
  • flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Does that mean no veggies?
  • kirkor
    Options
    Does that mean no veggies?

yup
    b23ZyUt.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Well I’m in! Easy since it’s my norm :lol:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I may drop the last of my veggies too. nuts and moderation are a problem for me. ;)
  • cricketpower
    Options
    I won't get too lengthy and bore anyone. I'll just say kirkor and I have discussed this a few times over the years, but never actually done it.

We've decided on meat & eggs, but no dairy.

Processed items like bacon, sausage, lunchmeat have not been discussed. I don't eat much of these things anyway, plus I'm looking for a really "plain & simple" sort of reset for my body. I know it's easy to say *now*... but I'd really like to steer clear of ingredient lists, personally.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i must have bacon & cheese LOL can do without sausage and lunchmeats ,
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I did this last year and was thinking about doing it again with one slight change. I think I will start about a week early and end a week early because the end of May is usually when my jalapeño plants start producing. Man, it is hard to resist fresh picked peppers, but I want to get the full 31 days in this time.
  • kirkor
    Options
    @cricketpower ya I'd lean towards no cured meats as well

What about coffee?
  • kirkor
    Options
    This was linked in the carnivore group, but has everyone seen Marty Kendall's overview of the carnivore diet?
    https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/03/14/dr-shawn-bakers-carnivore-diet-a-review/

Dr. Baker's average day looks pretty righteous:
    image21.png?w=322&ssl=1
  • cricketpower
    Options
    I'm consistently pretty darn low carb this week & feeling good. Sticking with it again.

But I am currently eating string cheese & I think it needs to go for awhile... sadly.

I also love coffee, as you know. It does not always love me. Maybe by May it will be phased out? I don't know. Is there a meat coffee? ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My main beverage is coffee.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning, tea all day.
  • cricketpower
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Is there a meat coffee? ;)
    Yep.... it's called broth ;):D

Ha, true! :smiley:

• cricketpower
    Options
    On the coffee subject: I am pretty aware of its effects on me. Coffee and I have been frenemies for about 25 years. ;)

I'm not going to decide about that right now. I'm going to continue to listen to my body throughout this process, and not put added stress on myself by insisting that I go without it for the entire month of May.

There are times when I have it (when I'm pretty relaxed) and times when I don't (when I'm stressed). I've read several carnivore articles lately, and what I see is that some people keep it with no problem, and some decide it needs to go altogether. So we'll see.

I do know that my "need" for caffeine, and tolerance of it, is GREATLY reduced when I am eating VLC/keto. I still enjoy a cup of coffee -- but it may be mostly or all decaf.