April 18 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    9incqwnyzs1c.jpg
    In my experience, most people have a very fixed comfort zone. As a UAC members, I want to challenge you to find something new to try during the next week. A new exercise: a new recipe; and new SOMETHING!!!
    I'm trying to learn suspension system exercises with TRX. I mess up most of the time, but I'm trying...
    What are you trying or thinking about trying?
    Rick
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member

MTB. I have only done triathlon/duathlon on road so far and in the off season that translates into marathon running, which I don't like. Winter is real hard with training for something I don't like, but there is a way out that is switching to off road duathlon.
    I don't even know if I will be any good, and I'm the first of my coach's athlete to do so, but I'd do anything to let me stay into mutidiscipline all year long, just no more off season for me. Fingers crossed, it's a big bet.

April 18th
    Exercize: 2h bike ride basic training/extra practice of iron crosses on gym rings just to keep me busy
    Calories: yes
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    I am going to start some strength training with the help of you tube...
    It has been 25degrees Celsius here in UK! so the last week without any sun at all has paid off, I do hope you are getting some better weather too!!!
    Exercise yes, 10 min quigong, 21 min Leslie Sansone, 35 min yoga, 60 min cleaning, 55 min walk to library
    Tracking yes
    Calories no, a bit over today so that's pass day #2 for April
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Exercise: YES (80 minutes)
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Pass day #2 (It's my Birthday :))
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    My attempt at a new rice recipe today was a "fail." Will need more practice. Other than that it was a pretty good day and, actually, somewhat dry.

Yes x 3 with low impact aerobics today.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    @mrsjhardin Happy Birthday
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Yes x 3
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,790 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member

Well, I had this lofty idea of starting my own plants, from seeds. I was going to grow large quantities of alyssums, impatiens, zinnias, and petunias.

I got all the lights, warming mats, domes, other pertinent equipment, and planted seeds on March 21.

How did it go, you ask??

LOL! Lowe’s and Home Depot came to my rescue with their well grown plants!

My experiment was not a success, but I’m really glad that I tried. I’ll give it another shot, next year:-). I’m definitely okay with trying new things, even if I’m not fully successful!

17-April
    Exercise: 45 minutes of circuit training
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything

18-April
    Exercise: two hours of yard work
    Calories: yes, within my calorie limit
    Tracking: yes, everything

A few of my flower pots

oj9z5m5siges.jpeg
    p4bxwo4zk9kf.jpeg
  • RangerRickL
    My report:
    First say to ease back into Cardio/strength activity. Started with active stretches to stretch and test my back. I am recovering from a mistake that caused misalignment of spinal vertebrae L4-L5.
    20 minutes of active stretches
    15 minutes of walking with sprint intervals
    20 minutes of strength including TRX, push ups; and cable lat pulls

Tracking: good
    Calories: under by 509+
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Hello all! I am back from Africa. My daughter and I had an amazing adventure and 2 1/2 weeks flew right by. After 36 hours of travel time and an 8 hour time change, I’m definitely suffering some jet lag. Managed to stay awake all day but no energy for a workout. Back to tracking calories and was under for the day.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    A good stay at home day. I sang ditties to my tiny plants (tomatoes, peppers, basil, okra that have not yet appeared, and lovely little greens) in hopes that it will stop being winter some day soon. Had a good sweaty workout, tracked all, and ate the right amount.

I am thinking about what new thing to try. Thanks for the assignment!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    April 18, 2018

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Hello all! I am back from Africa. My daughter and I had an amazing adventure and 2 1/2 weeks flew right by.
    Welcome back..Africa is a unique adventure, indeed. We visited South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana in 2014. Would love a repeat experience; but, somehow, I don't think it can be replicated. I sometimes think if once visited, it's best not to revisit as I'm not certain a second visit could ever quite measure up to a first-time experience. Glad you enjoyed such a wonderful adventure with your daughter. They are memories you will treasure for a lifetime.
  • jimenao
    jimenao Posts: 42 Member
    Exercise 40 minute run
    Calories -300 under (wasn’t hungry although, I’ve not let that stop me from eating in the past!)
    Tracked -yes
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Exercised: yep
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
  • LNSug30
    LNSug30 Posts: 29 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    edited April 2018
    New thing: cooking quinoa! First time! It’s delicious!

Next thing: doing yoga at home..

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes,
    45 Pilates & 45 walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, under!

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes, always!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    April 18
    Exercised?: Yes. 60+ minutes housework + 2km walking to go flying while on breaks + walking between parent teacher interviews.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy work day and parent teacher interviews in the evening. Still managed to find enough times for flying to test changes to a quad.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,101 Member
    Yes for all three
    I have been using this app and challenges to help me with my cravings and compulsive mindless eating. I have had some success over the past several weeks, still hard to break some bad habits .....