May 2018 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options
JTH11706
JTH11706 Posts: 2,920 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the MAY 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

We welcome all newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @$$ starting MAY 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (or kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any previous month's miles here. We will continue updating the previous month's spreadsheet using the old thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of the new and current month. Please add only your current month's goals/miles to this thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to either www.lilyslim.com or www.tickerfactory.com and create a Fitness ticker. Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Janet

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    In for 35 miles.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    In for 75 miles. Thanks to all the admin people for your hard work :)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    In for 275 again please
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,957 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    200 miles for me please, thanks!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks so very much for keeping us documented! You are the BEST!! In for 150 again!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    OK, let's go out on a limb here. Setting a goal of 300 miles. :smile:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Only just made it last time! so will set sights a little lower please -100 miles
    Thanks for all the effort you all put in to keeping this going :)
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi put me down for 300 km again. Thank you for all your efforts Janet and Dave.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 miles.

I didn't finish April's challenge. My sister had been in the hospital, my dad is now recovering from a stroke, and my husband recently fractured his elbow and wrist. I'm hoping to get out on my bicycle now that the weather is finally beautiful.

exercise.png

• power0304mfp
    power0304mfp Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi put me down for 300 km again. Thank you for all your efforts Janet and Dave.

My user name has mfp attached to it now as had to delete my previous account and then rejoin again as I was having some issues with saving and entering data and joining some of the forums. Sorry for any difficulties it may cause.

May 1 - 19 km run

• countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in for May with a 125 mile goal. Thank you!
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks Janet and Dave. I'm in for 60 for May.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm in again but for 100 miles this month.

exercise.png

Here's to a great May!!!

Chris
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

You're all very welcome! It's a labor of love. I very much enjoy "seeing" all of you every day and being part of each other's lives. :flowerforyou: I hope to be able to continue this for a long time to come.

@LAMLAM2013 - Oh my gosh!! You've had so much to deal with and people to support and care for! I hope they're all doing better. And I'm also glad the weather is improving so you are able to get out for some fresh air and a little respite and get some time for yourself. Hang in there.

@POWER0304MFP - No worries! I got your username updated on the spreadsheet.

@COUNTRYCREEK - YAY!! So glad to see you made it back and joined us! If you ever have any questions, just post them to the group or PM Janet or I and somebody will get back to you shortly! We're a very friendly and supportive group here...like family. We welcome you and hope you enjoy your stay! Most people check in daily with their mileage, but it's not a requirement. Whatever your schedule allows for. But if we notice that we haven't heard from you for two or three weeks, don't be offended if you get a friendly and private nudge to come back and at least say 'Hi!' whether or not you have any miles to report. :wink:

Oh yeah, and I'm in for my usual 75 miles again!

Have a great day!
    Dave
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    In for 65 miles.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    In for 200 miles again!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    150 miles for me please.

Thank you all once again for doing this. Really appreciated
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I am off to a good start this month with 8.15 miles walked today
  • countrycreek
    Options
    @dave Thank You!! I am looking forward to spending some time with you MYA folk!! :)
  • countrycreek
    Options
    exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.