Like Minded Lushes - Spring 2018

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So I have been in training for my week in New Orleans. that means I have been drinking a lot. I don't want to wimp out when I am in city known for drinking and food. Yesterday was our 9th or 19th anniversary. Married 9 together 19. I drank a bit yesterday because the weather is so nice right now.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Robin!! New Orleans is on my bucket list and of course you cannot possibly be expected to not drink there!! :)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Robin! Enjoy our nice weather while you can!

I have managed to moderate the past two days. Not sure if it will hold tonight.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary, Robin!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas will be had today!

Happy Belated Anniversary, Robin!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo! Not a tequila guy, but at my place, substitutions are ok!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    And happy derby day to Ashley. I seem to remember she celebrated every year.

Husband has the dreaded man-cold so we are pretty quiet here. That's fine since we had our getaway last weekend and have the son's bday and graduation this coming weekend. Then off to Laguna Beach for our annual family trip.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Yes, we definitely celebrate Derby! We had 18 kids at our house under the age of 8 with adults also. Our house got trashed, but totally worth it. I drank all week.... Trying to back off a bit. Oaks Day I took a tequila shot around 11am. Enough said.

I'm still lushing along, trying to stay dry on Mondays, and that's about it.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi Ashley, good to see you! I figured you were partying!! :drinker:
    Planning mode here. Graduation party Friday night. Got the wine going, as usual
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Just got back from our Baltimore trip, time to dry out for sure!! Tons and tons of walking but lots of drinking too! It was so bad that we got distracted on a walk to a specific bar by another bar....we went to the oldest bar in Baltimore called "the horse you rode in on", its so old that Edgar Allen Poe is reputed to have drank there right before he died... :#;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ann, it's not overindulging if you are getting a history lesson while drinking ;)
    Still moderating here
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Distracted walking to a bar by another bar! Its a beautiful life! Still pluggin along here. Good days and not so good as far as moderating goes.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My Lovelies!!!!!!!!! Holy Moly it has been WAY TOO LONG!!!! I have missed you all!!! I am so out of touch!!!! I fell into a wormhole the last few months.
    Things are going good. Lenny and I joined a gym about 4 weeks ago and are getting back on track. Goal is no drinks Monday - Thursday. Had 3 weeks under our belts until this week.
    Monday we went out to eat but only had 1 manhattan.
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- manhattan
    Thursday....most difficult day of the week, but I have weigh in tomorrow so IF there is anything it will be a glass of wine.
    Saturday-we are flying to Kauai for the night to see a Jack Johnson Kokua Festival for all the flooding on the north shore of Kauai. Home Sunday afternoon.

I am sure there will be something for Big Island, as well. It is so crazy all the destruction that is being caused by Kilauea. We are looking into ways to help those affected!

Anywho's I am going to try and be more present and catch with you all!!!!

XOXOXOXO
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to you all!
    I will be out of touch camping Monday until Thursday with no internet. I know really roughing it. :)

Kate, I have been following the news on the eruption on Hawaii! Do the winds carry any stuff your way?

See you all when I get back!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Katieeeeeee! So good to see you and hear all is ok with you, despite all the crazy mother earth stuff going on in the islands. <3
    Gary, have a great trip!
    I'm seriously recovering from graduation, bday and Mother's Day celebrations. The son left for Cancun today. His party was great but I drank waaaay too much wine and stayed up until 2am. I just cannot do that any more!! Yikes I was hurting yesterday. :s
    Hope you all had a great Mother's Day :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Aloha!!!
    We have had trades since the eruption (with the exception of west winds one day last week) so we haven’t been affected by any vog...yet. I have a feeling this will b going on for a while, it’s so crazy! We actually have a trip planned in November with my parents....
    Friday-3 margaritas
    Saturday-upwards of 11drinks but it was a slow pace, we started early. The show was AMAZING!!!
    Sunday-10, again started early

Work towards zeros til Friday??!!!!

Have a great week everyone xo
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi my dear lushes! New Orleans was awesome. We saw Smokey Robinson at the Jazz fest and the Steve Miller Band. We drank and drank and drank. but like Syd said, It's not drinking when you are learning history. NOLA is so rich with history. I loved it. Awesome food and lots and lots of walking. Many tours including Segway, and biking but mostly walking. Now I am back at work. :disappointed:

Kate!!! So glad you came back. Gary, can you believe this weather? Syd, yep we can't do that anymore. Ashley, Derby day on Cinco de Mayo - Must have been fun. Ann, sounds like your trip was similar to mine.

Catch you all later
    PS thanks for all the anniversary wishes.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0....going for another!

HI ROBIN!!!!!! Love vacations where it's all about getting around and eating and drinking all the stuffs!!!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Finally moderating well!
    Monday -0
    Tuesday - 0
    Today - plan is 0 o:)
    Kate - glad you guys are safe!
    Welcome back Robin, sounds like your trip was fun! NOLA is on my to do list...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like a great trip, Robin! I think everyone is a lush there, so it would be easy for us to fit in :drinker:

Good job on all the 0s everyone! I had 1...does that count? Otherwise I'm back to moderating. I'm down a pound but probably won't log it since we're taking off again next week. Altho I'm *really* planning on lots of beach walks and town walks. So maybe I'll keep it off!