JUNE MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in again too. I had no overall loss in May, but that's mainly because I had a setback with a week-long conference and travel. My loss has been at a snails pace anyway, maybe 2-3 pounds per month. My goal this month: I will, I will, I WILL make it into the 50s in June!

Keto Jan SW: 175
    Current Weight: 160
    June Goal: 157
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have not done this challenge at all and I will try to follow it per the prior posts...
    Not sure what my goal will be for June but I am definitely going to try!

May
    SW: 197
    CW: 181.6 (can't remember ever weighing this much, perhaps in HS)
    June Goal: 170's

Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • heavenalise
    heavenalise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once I figure out the keto diet, I'm in. Brand New to keto, I have thyroid problems. I'm one of those that never had to worry about what I eat. But I now blame age, 3 kids in less than 1 year and thyroid. I need to lose weight to continue to care for my disabled son. Any help will be appreciated, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Keto June SW: 190.4
    June Goal: 180

Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • JasonTilmon
    JasonTilmon Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This is awesome so glad I came across this thread! I'm in for this month. Started Keto along with IF a few weeks ago and love it!

SW: 320 5/14
    CW: 298 5/30
    June Goal: 269

Silly question but where is the "spreadsheet" found :)
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options

It's under the Announcements header on the keto main page, but here is a link for everyone:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10630288/keto-monthly-challenge-spreadsheet/p1

• JasonTilmon
    JasonTilmon Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It's under the Announcements header on the keto main page, but here is a link for everyone:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10630288/keto-monthly-challenge-spreadsheet/p1

Thanks!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Once I figure out the keto diet, I'm in. Brand New to keto, I have thyroid problems. I'm one of those that never had to worry about what I eat. But I now blame age, 3 kids in less than 1 year and thyroid. I need to lose weight to continue to care for my disabled son. Any help will be appreciated, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Keto June SW: 190.4
    June Goal: 180

Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

Sounds like you have your hands full to put it mildly! Good thing about keto is generally it makes you have more energy and you probably need that! Good luck and just post your question here or in the general keto forum and some one will do their best to answer you. :)
  • ahsiya
    ahsiya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to Keto and plan to start on Sunday 6/3. I weight train 5 days a week + cardio. I have only lost 3lbs or so in the last 3 months and I know that the scale has not moved because I am building muscle and my diet has not been structured. I want the scale to move and I think Keto is the way to go! I look forward to seeing my results.

SW: 230
    GW:185

First weigh in: Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I’m in for June. This is going to be a great month for me. I’m not going to set any goals for June??? However, I anticipate reaching several goals I set back in January 2018:

1. 50 pounds lost
    2. Below 20% Body Fat
    3. Under 25 Body Mass Index (in the MFP Healthy Range)
    4. Logging on MFP 6 months
    5. Being on keto 6 months (Longest I’ve ever sustained a diet change)
    6. 8 real pull ups (a goal I set for May that I’m still working on)

That’s is surely enough unfulfilled goals to work on without making new ones June. Looking forward to hearing the inspiring stories, informed advice and experienced opinions that have made this thread my number one go to keto source.

That is so awesome! Well done. You have inspired me to set my goals for the next 6 months!

• joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in for June.
    SW 269
    CW 262

June Goal: 248
    Dec Goal: 210

Let's do this!
  • sunny250
    sunny250 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in for June. Have been going to the gym 4-5 days per week since 12/25. Haven't really had any results so I am starting Keto tomorrow 6/1.

SW 236
    GW 185

June 1:
    Sunday 6/3:
    Sunday 6/10:
    Sunday 6/17:
    Sunday 6/24:
    Friday 6/30:
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Woohoo June!!! I didn't set any goals for May (I lost 5lbs) but for June I have Big Goals! I'm working towards a 10lb loss this month. 8lbs is the most I've lost in one month - so we'll see. I think I can do it!! Also, I'd like to have some solid recipes in my arsenal. Please share any recipes that you love love love.

Start 2/28 - 184.5
    Current - 161.8 (-22.7lbs) :smiley:
    Goal - ???

Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • Emw148
    Emw148 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have tried LC before but am new to keto. Very tired of losing and gaining the same 20 to 25 pounds
    Current weight 238 (keto start date 5/14, weight 249)
    June Goal: 228

Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • jheye
    jheye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I (re)started keto/low carb after a long hiatus. Worked well for me before, but I surprisingly enough hamburgers, french fries and soft drinks are not a suitable maintenance program! I started up a couple of weeks ago, and my appetite has leveled off so I'm at a good place now and no longer experiencing the constant hunger I do with carbs. I'm setting modest goals for weight loss, and trying to focus on meal planning and exercise.
    Current Weight 200.2
    June Goal 196

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    welcome to everyone for June! Feel free to post your thoughts, successes and 'failures' here. A word on 'failures' we don't have them!! We may sometimes eat or drink stuff we regret later but the trick is moving on from that, not beating ourselves up and thinking 'I broke that, WTH, I'll go on breaking it'. It's thinking: 'I'll fix that and moving on'. B)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Priceless @stormywxs288 !

And LOL @jheye. That maintenance plan wouldn't work for me either. You're not alone. :)
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure what my goal will be for June but I am definitely going to try to be in my low :s 170s!

The past week has been a little bit mentally rough for me. I have been doing my strict diet and I have NOT cheated at all and I gained 1.6 lbs. I was so excited :p that I reached the greatest weight loss on 5/28/18 which was at 180.4 and the next day I was up to 182.6. I was SHOCKED :( but I didn't give up or cheat. I kept on my diet plan and this AM I am at 182...
    This is total BS :'( !!! Today I am starting another Keto Meal plan :/ . I wanted to loose another 5-10 lbs by 6/9/18 which is in another 8 days, I am really not sure if that is going to be doable at this rate :( ... Don't get me wrong I am happy :) that I have dropped 15 lbs since 5/2 which has been 30 days but I was really hoping it would've been more... I am going on vacation on 6/9/18 and my birthday is the week after that which I really want to be in the low 170s... Cross your fingers with me :s;) , I will keep ya posted!!!

May 2018
    5/2, SW: 197
    6/1, CW: 182.0 (can't remember ever weighing this much, perhaps in HS)
    June Goal: 170's

June 2018
    Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am SO ready for June. I am a little wary because I felt that I was SO ready for May.... and then life happened. I had some really good days, but overall personally, May was not a good month (raising teenage girls is hard!!) In May, I lost almost 5 lbs, only to gain some, with a net loss of virtually nothing. (.5 lb) Time to get back into the gym, really think about what I eat, plan ahead and quit messing around!

It is a new month, and it is just about summertime!

Keto Starting Weight: 153
    Current Weight: 136.5
    June Goal: 128 (8.5 lbs)
    Ultimate Goal: 115

June 1: 136.5
    Sunday 6/3:
    Sunday 6/10:
    Sunday 6/17:
    Sunday 6/24:
    Friday 6/30: