JUNE MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Emw148
    Emw148 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Still losing but a little more slowly. 232.7 for weigh in on Sunday, pretty pleased and staying on track. Not sure if I'll make my June goal of 228 by 6/24, but I'm hoping to get there by the end of the month.
    Interestingly I've been hungry again. Not using any artificial sweetners and staying below 20 net carbs, sometimes well below, macros in balance (~ 70-75% fat), drinking green tea - I dunno :|
    Suggestions??
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Emw148 wrote: »
    Still losing but a little more slowly. 232.7 for weigh in on Sunday, pretty pleased and staying on track. Not sure if I'll make my June goal of 228 by 6/24, but I'm hoping to get there by the end of the month.
    Interestingly I've been hungry again. Not using any artificial sweetners and staying below 20 net carbs, sometimes well below, macros in balance (~ 70-75% fat), drinking green tea - I dunno :|
    Suggestions??

Stay the course - you're doing great. The weight loss is not consistent from day to day probably not even week to week. As far as ratios, a lot of folks have come down a bit on their fat - around 65% - and upped their protein. It's worth a try for a few days. Changing it up every so often could help.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Keto Starting Weight: 153
    Current Weight: 136.5
    June Goal: 128 (8.5 lbs)
    Ultimate Goal: 115

June 1: 136.5
    Sunday 6/3: 136.5
    Sunday 6/10: 133.6 (-2.9)
    Sunday 6/17: 133.6 (ZERO)
    Sunday 6/24:
    Friday 6/30:

I added weight training back in and I'm not sure how much that will affect my scale numbers. I already see that it is affecting my body (in a good way) so as long as that continues I am fine with the scale being stubborn - well, most of the time I am.

I am going to check my body fat this week at the gym. It's not the most accurate, but it's better than my scale at home. Planning to start tracking that to check progress as well.

I still have a couple of days per week where my eating is way off track, so I know I can't get upset at slow progress when I am not all in daily.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I added weight training back in and I'm not sure how much that will affect my scale numbers. I already see that it is affecting my body (in a good way) so as long as that continues I am fine with the scale being stubborn - well, most of the time I am.

I am going to check my body fat this week at the gym. It's not the most accurate, but it's better than my scale at home. Planning to start tracking that to check progress as well.

I still have a couple of days per week where my eating is way off track, so I know I can't get upset at slow progress when I am not all in daily.

I have recently increased my activity this summer too. I do a 30-minute exercise routine every weekday morning, play two softball double headers each week and work in my shop (woodworking) daily. Keto has given me the fitness, stamina and desire to do all these things and more. The only bad news is I’m having a bit of trouble, like you, controlling my eating.

Before this summer I had my appetite under control. Now that my activity has picked up, I keep finding/making excuses to be non-keto compliant. I think I need adult supervision? Hopefully, using this forum to record, track and be accountable for what I stuff in my face will help me get back on the keto road. The sad part is I’m within 10 pounds of where I want to be and I’m going the wrong direction.

Maybe you and others on this thread can serve as a parent figure for this 68-yearold child. Seriously, this group has helped me to be accountable. Our Sunday check ins and daily support/encouragement have been a huge part of my effort. I will continue to lean on this group until I rid myself of those last stubborn ten pounds and beyond.

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 I think for me the added exercise at times truly makes me hungry - other times I think I deserve it, or it will be okay because I'm being more active. I could use some adult supervision as well because when I decide to rebel and eat what "I want", I am like a stubborn child! :) (this group has been great for me too!)
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can all supervise me. If I'm tracking, I'm behaving. If I'm not tracking, scold me! :#
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    PeaceQT18 wrote: »
    Not sure what my goal will be for June but I am definitely going to try to be in my low :s 170s!

The past week has been a little bit mentally rough for me. I have been doing my strict diet and I have NOT cheated at all and I gained 1.6 lbs. I was so excited :p that I reached the greatest weight loss on 5/28/18 which was at 180.4 and the next day I was up to 182.6. I was SHOCKED :( but I didn't give up or cheat. I kept on my diet plan and this AM I am at 182...
    This is total BS :'( !!! Today I am starting another Keto Meal plan :/ . I wanted to loose another 5-10 lbs by 6/9/18 which is in another 8 days, I am really not sure if that is going to be doable at this rate :( ... Don't get me wrong I am happy :) that I have dropped 15 lbs since 5/2 which has been 30 days but I was really hoping it would've been more... I am going on vacation on 6/9/18 and my birthday is the week after that which I really want to be in the low 170s... Cross your fingers with me :s;) , I will keep ya posted!!!

May 2018
    5/2, SW: 197
    6/1, CW: 182.0 (can't remember ever weighing this much, perhaps in HS)
    June Goal: 170's

June 2018
    Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

@PeaceQT18

After the initial losses due to fluid retention being dumped and the beginnings of fat loss, your body will retain a little fluid again to restore the balance. You may not have lost all the weight you wanted by your deadline, but I bet you lost enough inches to make it worthwhile!

Happy Belated Birthday!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I am SO ready for June. I am a little wary because I felt that I was SO ready for May.... and then life happened. I had some really good days, but overall personally, May was not a good month (raising teenage girls is hard!!) In May, I lost almost 5 lbs, only to gain some, with a net loss of virtually nothing. (.5 lb) Time to get back into the gym, really think about what I eat, plan ahead and quit messing around!

It is a new month, and it is just about summertime!

Keto Starting Weight: 153
    Current Weight: 136.5
    June Goal: 128 (8.5 lbs)
    Ultimate Goal: 115

June 1: 136.5
    Sunday 6/3:
    Sunday 6/10:
    Sunday 6/17:
    Sunday 6/24:
    Friday 6/30:

@KristinLeeD

I know it's down the road from your original post, but something to remember, even though you may have a net loss of zero, the average person gains 10-20 pounds a year. If you say 18 pounds a year, that's an average gain of 1.5 pounds per month. So you don't have a net loss of zero, you have a net loss of 1.5 pounds against the yearly gain!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @chinatowninchina
    I thought about cutting back the calories. I rarely eat more than 1200 in a day and I've heard that if you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and won't give up the weight. I also am quite active with walking and gardening so I always run a calorie deficit. I hadn't thought about just cutting back for a few days.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

@cbishop7777

If you haven't broken through yet, since you're so low on cals and so active, it might be worth INCREASING your calories by 50 a day, or a one day boost of 500 or so to WAKE UP that metabolism and get it moving again!

@d_dc_lady

This one might apply to you, too... (hugs) Or calorie cycling days. Higher, lower, lower, higher, etc...
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I can see why people welcomed you back so warmly. How amazing you are. And isn't this a great group! From a newbie, it's really thrilling to have found you'all.
  • mommafruitcake
    mommafruitcake Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party because I'm new, but I absolutely love this lifestyle thus far.

Also thyroid and insulin resistance (diagnosed with PCOS, but I don't believe it because I get pregnant if someone looks at me sideways--feel for you ladies with all my heart if this one of your symptoms) and other hormonal issues. Was healthy and in great shape only about 18 months ago, then my body decided it was going to just go insane, and I gained 66 lbs with no change in diet. Yay, thank you body. Although, to be fair, my weight has always fluctuated rapidly and tends to do so with hormonal changes.

Lack of sleep due to new baby. Stress due to life and stuff. LOL.

A holistic dietician/naturopath (who was surprisingly vegan, which made me take her even more seriously) suggested Keto. She gave me all kinds of resources and sort of "schooled" me on why this lifestyle would help with these issues. So far, I'm a believer. <3

I had a slow-down and slight regain, so I decided to start tracking here, and it's been really nice because I now see exactly where I'm messing up my macros.

My loss even while following to a tee has also been slower than others I know on Keto, so it's definitely the hormones. Again--heart goes out to you ladies dealing with this. It can be discouraging, but damned if I'm not grateful to see something come off and not feel like I'm walking around in a dream constantly.

Thanks for this lovely challenge and the warm welcome from so many other members! I'll be glad to have a full month in July!

Keto May SW: 206
    Current Weight: 195 (? I think...I'm afraid to weigh until tomorrow)
    June Goal: 190

Sunday 06/03: 193 lb
    Sunday 06/10: 191 lb
    Sunday 06/17: 195 lb
    Sunday 06/24:
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sunday 06/03: 175.9
    Sunday 06/10: 177.9
    Sunday 06/17: 176.6 at 12.2% BF
    Sunday 06/24: 174.4
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    5/31: 159.0
    Sunday 06/03: 158.0 (-1.0)
    Sunday 06/10: 157.8
    Sunday 06/17: 157.9
    Sunday 06/24: 156.4 (-1.5)

Finally broke through the 157-158 loop I've been stuck in for over a month! And I officially lost 10 lbs since starting keto. It's been slower for me than some others, but so worth it.
  • dreamsilk
    dreamsilk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    started keto 05/14/18 @ 207
    Today 06/01/18: 196
    GW for end of June: 186
    Long term GW: 140 ish? LOL

Update! Monday 06/04 -194.7
    Sunday 06/10 - 192.4**
    Sunday 06/17 -190.8**
    Sunday 06/24 -188.8**
    Sunday 07/01 -
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    SW- 312.8

Started Keto: May 4th (SW: 286.4)

June Start-277.2
    Sun 6/3-277.2 (0)
    Sun 6/10-277.2 (0)
    Sun 6/17-271.8 (-5.4)
    Sun 6/24-267.6 (-4.2)
    June end-

End of June goal-265

I have found that IF (16:8) is helping me tremendously. I love that I can find keto-friendly ways to help if I do have any cravings. I workout 5-6 days a week and have honestly never felt better! I am pushing myself because I am getting married September 15th and want to not only look great, but feel great! I do plan to have my cake and eat it too on our special day....just a small slice though ;)

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • mommafruitcake
    mommafruitcake Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Keto May SW: 206
    Current Weight: 195 (? I think...I'm afraid to weigh until tomorrow)
    June Goal: 190

Sunday 06/03: 193 lb
    Sunday 06/10: 191 lb
    Sunday 06/17: 195 lb
    Sunday 06/24: [/quote]

06/24: 192.6 YAY!!! Macros have been back on track for two days! <3

• Emw148
    Emw148 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I didn't quite make my goal. Keto is going well, macros in check, feeling good, but weight loss has really slowed down. Concerning since I still have so far to go!
    My initial post with updates -

I have tried LC before but am new to keto. Very tired of losing and gaining the same 20 to 25 pounds
    Current weight 238 (keto start date 5/14, weight 249)
    June Goal: 228

Sunday 06/03: 237
    Sunday 06/10: 237
    Sunday 06/17: 232.7
    Sunday 06/24: 231.9