Me Vs The Binge -- July 2018 Challenge

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2018:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Just marking a spot for myself so I won't forget to check in. I need to get back here. I'm working on overcoming another addiction of sorts and I know when I get a handle on it, BED will start to rear it's ugly head again.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 1

Me: 1
    Binge: 0

Streak: 1
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    DBF: 3
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Dbf: 1
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    July 1

The B: 0
    DBF: 1
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    July 2018
    Me: 0
    The B: 1
    DBF: 0

Definitely not a good start to the month, so I am going to revisit the FAA meal plan that I followed to get me on track last year and resulted in my long streak earlier this year.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 2
    DBF: 4
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 2

Me: 2
    The B: 0
    DBF: 2
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    July 2018
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 3

Me: 3

DBF: 3
  • hillmike56
    Options
    DBF: 5
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 4
    DBF: 6
  • Nevadaden
    Options
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 5

Binge: 2

Was doing well until yesterday when my bro, sis-in-law and niece came and made a nice meal for us. Enjoyable but binge-worthy.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 5

Me: 4
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 5
    DBF: 7

@lamlam2013 when you were on that roll of victories what was successful in fighting the BINGE on those social days? That usually gets me as well. And I have one of those social situations coming up this evening. My last few successes in that area have been using a FAST before the event and saving my calories for the day for the event itself. Not sure that is the healthiest approach. Just curious about your experiences?
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 6
    The Binge: 0
    DBF: 6
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Binge: 1

I hate to put up a failure to this group after so many victories. It wasn't a major BINGE but a setback. I want to be a positive member of this community. And at times I think just don't post your failure just drop out wait to you have a string of positive victories. But I'm 10 lbs away from a normal BMI and last year I did that in part by knowing that others out there were fighting the same battle as me. This I hope to be my only lost to the BINGE in July.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 7

The B: 2

I know what you mean, @hillmike56. That’s why I disappear now and again.

But, in keeping with the spirit of your post, I am going to try to hold my losses to two this month.