Get Dat Rear in Gear July, Week 3: (7/15-7/21)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
Repeat of the challenge blurb. :smile:
baconslave wrote: »
This month's challenge is brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Cadori

It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Whatever the season, the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything.

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :weary: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

I've posted a few days early, as I'll be gone Sunday morning, feel free at anytime to go ahead and post your goals on this thread. As always, I'll have links to each week's thread in the sticky post at the top of the Group should things get nuts, and it get knocked off the front page.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    6/15
    Heres to a new week! I didn't have a terrible week last week, but the weekend was a bit hard. Relatives visiting and late night bonfires and snacks and wine. EEEk.
    So this week I will be really watching my macros and my calorie intake. My exercising has been going well....running biking and doing a lot of swimming at the lake.
    However my leg started to bother me yesterday, not sure what is up with that. So I may take off a few days from running and see how it goes.
    The weather here has been great, we can often get fog in the summertime where I am so its nice to have clear blue skies.

This week I will
    Log every bite
    Keep net carbs low
    Track cals
    drink more water
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My husband and I cleaned out a storage unit yesterday and it wore me out! Every 10 minutes I had to sit - I am so out of shape! But it sure worked up a sweat and got my metabolism burning. I've committed to a friend to do a simple kick and punch workout this week, she's helping me back on the wagon.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    7/15
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: Just scheduled this for MWF this week.
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: Just scheduled for TR this week.
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: :)
    4. Log food or at least carbs at least 5 days/week. :)
    5. Go to bed by 11:30 on weeknights. (Needs to be earlier but I've got to start somewhere!)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My main goal again this week is to listen to my body and only eat when hungry and stop when satisfied-period! I’m going to break these bad habits. I work hard on exercise and don’t want to blow that progress by just eating too darn much. Wish me luck!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yikes! The weekend was a fail for me...family/events...go-go-go. And to pile on more, I was completely lazy yesterday.
    This week:
    1. Weigh/log foods daily
    2. Exercise daily

Cooking will be kept to a minimum ( I did some prepping on Sunday)...it's too hot with this 100 degree weather.
    I wish there were more trees around this house! :sweat_smile:

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Bad night sleep, so I got to the gym about 15 minutes later than I wanted to.

Ran a mile, RDL 1x5 @ 80/100. No squats.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    7/15

:blush: 1. Stay within calorie goal, save for a few times (events) this month. i.e. don't eat a whole pizza.
    :blush: 2. Workout 5/7 days a week. (1/5. Went walking!)
    :neutral: 3. Widdle down to 150! Ultimate end goal for the month. (Doesn't apply yet)
    :blush: 4. Stop ordering food that pushes me over calories at work. This is a big downfall for me. If I want something it should be planned for. (I did it! I messed up the rest of the weekend due to free food, but I was so good at the end of my week!)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Today was a good food day! Under calories, skipped my morning Starbucks and had watermelon as my snack. That upped my carbs a bit but I can live with that. My treadmill died today so I hope to get out first thing and run before it gets too hot in the morning. One day down, many to go...
  • macchiatto
    Options
    7/16
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: Had to adjust the schedule a bit but I'll get it in!
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: Just scheduled for TR this week.
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: :):)
    4. Log food or at least carbs at least 5 days/week. :):)
    5. Go to bed by 11:30 on weeknights. (Needs to be earlier but I've got to start somewhere!)
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Did two sets of Toy Soldier punching and marching. starting off easy, but my arms are still gonna ache tomorrow.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym for the first time in weeks just to lift, I won't be able to do Cardo for a while. Slowly increasing my activity as my foot slowly recovers. Started getting muscle cramps and doctor told me to I need to be more active and to lift if I can't run, walk or bike. So back to lifting it is, easing back into it this week. I'm able to walk a tiny bit further everyday, can't wait to be pain free and healed.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Ate too much over the weekend but activity was awesome. Fri set up campsite and bike ride, Sat bike ride, kayaking and a trail walk, Sun longer bike ride then packed up campsite. Back on the good food and logging kick today.
  • Cadori
    Options
    Ran a mile, 3x8 pushups and inverted rows.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    7/17

Swam after work roughly 1000m of front crawl. Not sure how accurate my Garmin is measuring distance in the water.
    Today I ran 5K, my leg felt fine during the run and now a couple of hours after it still feels ok. So....hopefully what I was feeling the past few days was not due to running. Did a lot of gardening so maybe the kneeling and squatting bothered it. Here's hoping!

Added some delicious olives to my lunch plate today, along with my lettuce wraps. Yum, forgot how much I like them.
  • tayusuki
    Options
    7/16

:blush: 1. Stay within calorie goal. I was actually considerably under, but I simply wasn't hungry which is a wonderful change in pace. I'm not stressing because I did overeat a few days ago.
    :disappointed: 2. Workout 5/7 days a week. (1/5 for the week). I wanted to go walking but I got to sleep too late so it's too hot by the time I woke up. :scream:
    :neutral: 3. Widdle down to 150! Ultimate end goal for the month. (Doesn't apply yet)
    :neutral: 4. Stop ordering food that pushes me over calories at work. This is a big downfall for me. If I want something it should be planned for. (I don't work weekdays.)

• macchiatto
    Options
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: 1/3
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: Doing Th Sat this week
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: :):):)
    4. Log food or at least carbs at least 5 days/week. :):):)
    The scale has been stalled for a few weeks so I'm dropping my carb level lower to see if that helps.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1. Weigh/log foods daily B)
    2. Exercise daily B)

• Cadori
    Options
    7/18 - one mile run, OHP 2x5@50, 3x5@40, narrow grip pulldown 3x5@85, lat pulldown 2x5@80

I did NOT want to go this morning. So happy I did!
  • tayusuki
    Options
    7/17

:blush: 1. Stay within calorie goal.
    :disappointed: 2. Workout 5/7 days a week. (1/5 for the week).
    :neutral: 4. Stop ordering food that pushes me over calories at work. This is a big downfall for me. If I want something it should be planned for. (I don't work weekdays.)