TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options

Replies

• lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry, my weigh in was supposed to be Monday..Was having trouble finding my Bookmarks for this post..

I didn't really lose anything yet..I keep going up & down..
    Still at 272..keep bouncing between 274-272..
    I'm trying.. :disappointed:
    I did mow the backyard on Saturday..which was heck with the Texas heat..but I did it..lol
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Username: SavannahS2016
    Week: July Week 3
    SW =188
    CW=184
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:hours of yard work, yuck.

Comments Good day, lots of yard work, spot on with calories, but I did manage to get a wicked sunburn, but it will be ok, hopefully soon.

• kearyandjessy
    kearyandjessy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Username: kearyandjessy
    Weigh in week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight:299.8 lbs
    Todays Weight: 299.6

I did not lose much but I did not gain so to me that is a win! I have been concentrating on my food intake and water intake and not on exercise. So now this week I am going to concentrate on my exercise. Praying that I don't gain weight, I know that muscle weighs more I just finally got down below 300 and do not want to go back up.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    PW 185.2
    CW 181.8
    Yay my goal of being in the 170s by the end of July is so close!!!
    @Keri8680 Awesome!! That's super exciting, you'll be there before you know it!!
    Previous Week's weight:299.8 lbs
    Todays Weight: 299.6

I did not lose much but I did not gain so to me that is a win! I have been concentrating on my food intake and water intake and not on exercise. So now this week I am going to concentrate on my exercise. Praying that I don't gain weight, I know that muscle weighs more I just finally got down below 300 and do not want to go back up.
    @kearyandjessy I felt the same way when I got below 200. I get it, but I wouldn't stress too much about muscle weight if your focus is weight training for your exercise. Muscle may "weigh" more than fat but it also eats fat so...it's a good thing to have around :smile:
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Previous Weight: 159.1
    Current Weight: 157.7

Finally back in the right direction...
    I think I might be giving myself till the end of the year to get to my goal (about 20-25 more lbs to drop).
    I feel like I am too comfortable at this weight/size, and I think it's because these are my smallest clothes.
    But I don't want to be comfortable here. And I know I need to push harder if I really want to get to that ultimate goal. Its just going to be a harder daily (sometimes hourly!) battle than it was before....
    @tinak33 Weight loss always slows down when you get closer to your goal weight and you might not necessarily have to push harder per se, but stay the course and maybe slowly increase activity or try strength training if you don't already, those things will help you burn extra calories ultimately..but it's normal for the weight to come off slower as you get close to your goal, so stay the course!! You WILL get there!!
    Username: SavannahS2016
    SW =188
    CW=184
    @SavannahS2016 Awesome loss!! Congrats!!
    Sorry, my weigh in was supposed to be Monday..Was having trouble finding my Bookmarks for this post..

I didn't really lose anything yet..I keep going up & down..
    Still at 272..keep bouncing between 274-272..
    I'm trying.. :disappointed:
    I did mow the backyard on Saturday..which was heck with the Texas heat..but I did it..lol
    @lhebert1969 You know, sometimes losing weight is more about finding the right intake vs expenditure numbers and I know how hard that can be. I just spent the last couple months trying to figure it out, lower isn't always the best way to go. I just raised my intake 300 calories a day and I workout everyday in some fashion and I'm finally trending down again, so play with the numbers and also don't get discouraged. Sometimes you can be losing fat and not weight, that process doesn't happen simultaneously typically. Your body believes it's going to replace the fat in the cells and uses water as a "placeholder" and eventually it gives up and lets go of the water, this is sometimes referred to as the "Whoosh Effect" which sounds made up, I know. http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
    The bottom line is...don't give up, it does take time and remember, you didn't get here overnight, you won't get to your goal overnight either.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minute "jog" with my daughter in stroller
    Water: not a lot

My bookmark disappeared. Is this a problem anyone else is having?
  • AB0215
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Exercise: 30 minute "jog" with my daughter in stroller
    Water: not a lot

My bookmark disappeared. Is this a problem anyone else is having?

@CourtneyLomonaco Funny, I hadn't even noticed, I only use the bookmarks like once a week if I do the weekly results, wonder how long that's been going on.
    I normally just bookmark the page in my browser.
    I submitted a ticket to MFP, hopefully they return them soon.
  • AB0215
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins weight training, 13 mins treadmill (yes I know this is an odd number, but I wanted to hi a certain calorie goal...so 13 mins is what it took)

Comments: Good day, it's Thursday so I made something special, low carb breaded chicken tenders and had a small treat because tomorrow is Fasting Friday and I thought I'd feel better about it if I had the things I don't normally have. What's odd is how hard I found it to actually eat my calories today. I wasn't hungry and was really full but I've learned, I can't dip too low on my calories or I don't lose, so I ate them. Now it's off to bed because I am surprisingly tired.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories way over
    Exercise no
    I’ve let myself go these last few days. I’ve set myself back 2 or months of hard work. Sometimes I just want to give up but I’ll be d@mm if I go back to weighing 350 again
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories way over
    Exercise no
    I’ve let myself go these last few days. I’ve set myself back 2 or months of hard work. Sometimes I just want to give up but I’ll be d@mm if I go back to weighing 350 again

@IanMoone30 I was in a sinilar boat last month, I was up so much after my vacation and it crept up, but the weird thing was that when I started actually getting back into my healthy routine it came back off really quick and now I'm lower than I have been in months so, hang in there, and remember you didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it overnight.

"It's a slow process, but quitting won't speed it up."
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

Pw. 174.8
    CW. 174.6
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So. Haven’t been giving it my all. Ran into some bad luck. The transmission went on my van so I have been housebound for 5 days now. With 3 kids. Tried to keep active but it’s proven difficult. Hoping to make a purchase tomorrow.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Exercise: push mowed
    Water: some
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Weigh in - week 3
    Username: ka97
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 152.2
    Current weight: 151.4
  • AB0215
    Options
    au0y1gndl8p3.jpg
  • AB0215
    Options
    Trying to get reminders out since we're having bookmarking issues and tagging people may help find the thread.

@Emw148 @JJKM02 @mexiconona @ssssanaaaa Your weigh in day is today

@ColinMcP @CourtneyLomonaco @gemwolf110 @KatieWW @LovebyDraug Your weigh in day is Saturday!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes work
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssanaaaa
    PW: Couldn't weigh in last week (I apologize). Before that was 194.1