Leslie Sansone July 2018 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Picked our first Swiss Chard and Green Beans today!!! What a treat!

Monday = 65 minutes gardening (oh that d*** crab grass)
    Wednesday = 65 minutes gardening

July total = 965/1250

Have a great day everyone. Cathy B.

LOL about the d*** crab grass!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    44.0 / 77.5 2 and 1/2 miles today with Jessic Smith.

Keep walking!!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    4 Miles: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles

73 of 115 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    4 Miles: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles

73 of 115 miles

Great job!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Boosted Miles

78 of 115 miles

Does anyone else get super energetic the longer you walk? Sometimes I struggle to get thru the first couple of miles after working a long day, but usually I am pumped up and ready to go by the time I get to mile 4! I know I could keep going most days and wish Leslie had a longer set!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    68.59/100

1 Mile at Home brisk walk
    3 Mile American Heart Assoc Walk
  • AnnofB
    Options
    5 Boosted Miles

78 of 115 miles

Does anyone else get super energetic the longer you walk? Sometimes I struggle to get thru the first couple of miles after working a long day, but usually I am pumped up and ready to go by the time I get to mile 4! I know I could keep going most days and wish Leslie had a longer set!

Leslie says if you recover quickly, it means you are fit! I hate to admit it but it takes me a while to recover when doing the Boosted Miles.
  • MsShawnieJ
    MsShawnieJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone just checking in.
    5/28 miles
    I got one mile in today. I'm going to shoot for 3 tomorrow morning.
    Happy walking!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »

Leslie says if you recover quickly, it means you are fit! I hate to admit it but it takes me a while to recover when doing the Boosted Miles.

I know I am building endurance for these miles, so I probably am becoming more cardio fit. 3 miles used to exhaust me! It's because I can't do much in the way of strength training that I've poured all my energy into cardio, but I'm finding it to be a lot of fun!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    6 Miles: 5 Boosted Miles with Mile #4 twice (it's such a fun mile!)

84 of 115 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    73.87/100

5.28 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    49/77.5

Miracle Miles 5
  • AnnofB
    Options

I know I am building endurance for these miles, so I probably am becoming more cardio fit. 3 miles used to exhaust me! It's because I can't do much in the way of strength training that I've poured all my energy into cardio, but I'm finding it to be a lot of fun!

Leslie's walks are fun, aren't they? It's an excellent way to get fit. I received my Miracle Mile package and did the 5 mile DVD today. I really enjoyed it.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    MsShawnieJ wrote: »
    Hey everyone just checking in.
    5/28 miles
    I got one mile in today. I'm going to shoot for 3 tomorrow morning.
    Happy walking!

Well done. :)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    2 Miles with Jessica Smith.

We finally got some rain here in my area. DH & I were hoping for some nice Summer storms but instead, we've been getting 15 min burst of rain. I'll take b/c we need it so badly.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options

Leslie's walks are fun, aren't they? It's an excellent way to get fit. I received my Miracle Mile package and did the 5 mile DVD today. I really enjoyed it.

They are fun! I'm glad you enjoyed the 5 Miracle Miles! I really like that one, too. I don't know what your fitness goals are, but the strengthening parts of those workouts really helped me define muscles. It was great. I can't wait to get back to that. I believe it was the 3 Mile one that I felt was the most challenging with the band. I hope you enjoy the rest of the DVDs, it's a great set.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Really Big Miles

89 of 115
  • AnnofB
    edited July 2018
    Options
    5 Really Big Miles

89 of 115

You are "knocking it out of the park" with your walking! I think the toning in Leslie's workouts is very effective. I bet when you get the go ahead from your doctor to use weights again, you will find that all your work with the band makes that transition easy. I am trying to make myself be more accountable and get a system going that I can stick with. I think using the band twice a week and using weights twice a week is what I'm going to go with for now and give myself a deadline for seeing some results. Enjoy your Sunday!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    77.55/100

3.68 mile walk this morning.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Really Big Miles

89 of 115

You are "knocking it out of the park" with your walking! I think the toning in Leslie's workouts is very effective. I bet when you get the go ahead from your doctor to use weights again, you will find that all your work with the band makes that transition easy. I am trying to make myself be more accountable and get a system going that I can stick with. I think using the band twice a week and using weights twice a week is what I'm going to go with for now and give myself a deadline for seeing some results. Enjoy your Sunday!

Thanks! I can't stop walking!

I've found Leslie's toning to be better than almost everything else I've tried. Making a plan for alternating use of the band and weights is a great idea. Good luck! I'd like to hear how it's going for you if you'd like to share your progress.

I've recently added in a lower body Pilates routine. It's only an 18 minute workout, but it's better than nothing. I can't manage full Pilates, but I am able to do this. I used to find the routine easy, but wow, it is hard for me now! I'm planning to fit this in every other day.