Kathy's OMAD Journey

KatsNewYear
KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
Week 1 - 7.4 pounds down.

Onto week 2. Had some struggles in week one but made it through. Had to talk myself out of eating at lunchtime at work. When I did I found I was not hungry, just so focused on eating something at that time. Once I threw down another cup of tea or water I knew I could do this and wait till evening to eat. So excited because this time I feel I can have some control over food.

So now that I have this free time I have been searching the internet for others so I can read their stories of triumphs and struggles.

Did not realize that I would have energy from not eating lunch. Now I realize how sluggish I felt after eating lunch. I find that depression that I would feel from time to time has left. I really feel good today.

But I do find that during week one I did not socialize at lunchtime. I did not want to be tempted or hear others say why aren't you eating. So I think I will try to push myself out the door and start walking on days when it is not to hot. But right now I think this journaling is going to help.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome first week, KUTGW :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Good job and welcome!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Great progress! Welcome!
  • KatsNewYear
    Thanks everyone! I have been reading your journals and see myself in a lot of the things you have said. I have a lot of weight to lose and know that most of the first week was water. I can wear my sandals this year and my feet and ankles look great. That's a start. When did you all incorporate exercise in your program? I am so sedentary and I know that I will start losing the fat weight when I move more. They have a gym at my job and I find it hard to go because I always feel like I am the elephant in the room. Of course, everyone in the gym is already or very close to fit. So I stay away.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome! Sounds like you had a great first week. It is amazing how powerful you feel when you are in control of food, and it is NOT in control of you.
    I look forward to keeping up with your journey!
  • KatsNewYear
    Thanks. One of my co-workers just asked me out to lunch today. I told her I would go but will only order a mineral water. She said great because she does not eat that much at lunch. Stepping out of my shell. I would like a twist of lemon. It would make it refreshing. LOL. I will make sure my eyes do not roam around to the other tables. A true test of my strength this week.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hope you did well! For me, it is empowering to be able to socialize and not have a meal. And more people than you may realize get really intrigued by the idea of OMAD.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I didn't start exercising until i was close to goal and when I did it was just walking.
  • KatsNewYear
    You are so right. It is empowering to socialize. I made it through. I had a mineral water with a slice of lime. Only squeezed a little bit in the water. She had a baked potato loaded with everything. She had a gastric bypass operation a couple of years ago and can't eat a lot. She tried to talk me into it then. I just did not want to go that route. I am still believing that I will have enough willpower to get through this.

Question on the exercise. Did you all get flabby? Or will the weight come off slow enough where it isn't that bad. She wears a band around her waist because her weight loss was so fast. Just wanted to know if I should try to hit weights while I am in fasting mode. I did walk more today.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Thanks everyone! I have been reading your journals and see myself in a lot of the things you have said. I have a lot of weight to lose and know that most of the first week was water. I can wear my sandals this year and my feet and ankles look great. That's a start. When did you all incorporate exercise in your program? I am so sedentary and I know that I will start losing the fat weight when I move more. They have a gym at my job and I find it hard to go because I always feel like I am the elephant in the room. Of course, everyone in the gym is already or very close to fit. So I stay away.

“Water weight” counts. 😀
  • KatsNewYear
    Awesome, ya water! Down 8.2 lbs. during the middle of second week. So I am thinking the water is done and the fat loss is kicking in. Staying hopeful. Going out tonight so looking forward to a nice seafood meal with a glass of wine. I will take a pic and post it in that other group.

It is Jean day at work today, Friday. I didn't wear jeans because every pair I put on I hated this morning. Looking forward in a couple of months to wearing them when everyone else does. Staying focused and knowing this will happen. Happy Friday Brenda, Britt, dkay, Estranged Tiger!! Thanks for being a part of my journey.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Nice job! keep it up, you got it!!
  • KatsNewYear
    Went out to dinner with a friend by the water/boats last night. Weather was great. I ate grilled salmon over rice with some type of honey sauce, broccoli and a glass of wine. When I got home later I had about a 3/4 cup of mixed nuts with some chocolate chips thrown in for my dessert. That has been my go to dessert this week. My own trail mix version. Satisfies that junk feeling I still have. Woke up this morning -9.4 lbs. down. Slow and steady wins the race. Even though I am not racing. This keeps me going. Now to see if I can get past 10 lbs. without messing up. For some reason on other eating plans that I have tried before and there have been many. I would always get to 10 lbs. and then something happens to make me gain it all back. This time I feel it is different. As long as I don't wake up my taste buds all day they stay asleep. Now for that Saturday morning cup of black tea. Ah!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Awesome!

Well, it takes a few days/weeks for our brain to discard the routine of when we typically dined/snacked in the past. So definitely, keeping those taste buds in check helps!

• KatsNewYear
    Thanks! Well it is Sunday evening and I am making my dinner for the day. Maple chicken with carrots, brown rice, broccoli and a seltzer water. I may splurge on an ice cream sandwich for dessert. I have been drinking tea and water all day.
  • brittdee88
    Amazing progress! I love a good ice cream sandwich, and I hope you enjoyed yours!
  • KatsNewYear
    Thanks Brittdee it was good. Last night my husband kept trying to get me to eat from a container of mixed nuts while we were watching a show. I think I told him no 3 times. It's funny the second time he shoved it (really he just put it in front of me, but when you are trying to not be tempted it looked like a "shove") in front of my face my mind was looking at them and saying it's just 3 hours past your window, go ahead and have a handful. Luckily I resisted. It's amazing how these small moments seem so huge while they are going on in my head.
  • brittdee88
    Good for you with resisting! I found that every time I allowed something outside of my window, I had a hard time getting back to OMAD.
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome to the group Kathy, you are progressing very well. I look forward to sharing in your journey.
  • KatsNewYear
    Thanks. -10 loss in the middle of week 3. Feeling good. 10 minutes from leaving work to go home to a nice satisfying meal. Since tonight is Friday I will have a glass of red wine with my meal. My daughter just texted me she made salmon cakes. One of my favs. Will log on later to see what everyone is up to.