Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge - July 29th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 23 minute run/walk. It got cut short because of a nearing thunderstorm.
    water: 72 ounces
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    exercise: 20,000 steps
    water: much
    Resting Heart rate: 50
    Went to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers at there training camp. Walked around town.
    Plans this week include playing in 6 softball games but rain is in the forecast.
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Food tracked and I’m under
    I’m new here and I’m very motivated
    11,000 step goal and usually beat that
    Long walks with my dogs, Zumba, and other classes at the gym. I’ve cut way back on eating, and a whole lot of water helps.
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    7/29
    Tracking- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Calories- no. We went to a cookout & it did me in!
    😏
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Mini challenge 7/29
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes Got out early to walk Brandy and then Hubby tried to do the "7 minute" exercises with me. My sides are sore from the Hula lessons yesterday and then laughing at hubby and I doing these exercises with the dog wanting to get involved made for a really funny scene. My mother used to say if she could be a fly on the wall and I think she probably was today.
  • ktrull09
    ktrull09 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    7/29
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 25 min of yoga.
    Water: 52 ounces. Was busy today and forgot to bring my big water bottle.
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    My name is Marsha and I have been doing this challenge since May 2018. My weight has been up and down but while on vacation starting eating Keto as some of my family members have done and boy does the weight come off for me. I came back from vacation on Monday July 23 and weighed 180 lbs.

Weight today is 174.2 lbs. Whoo hoo. This works for me and I am feeling great.

This is fantastic news, Marsha!! You had an enjoyable vacation, put on some weight, then came home and took it all off again in a week!!! I am glad that keto is working for you, and that you are feeling inspired!!! Welcome back to the Big Butts!!!

Thanks. Glad to be back and doing well.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    @allison8668 Don't you dare step away. It take all kinds to make a team, slow, fast, up or down.

Those of us who are a long way from almost to a normal BMI or goal enjoy seeing those of you who are almost there make it. You are our role models.

And if you step away how will I know when to ring my bells and blow my whistle for you when you get there?

@txmaryk99 Thank you for taking the time to post this reply. Very kind of you :smile:
  • allison8668
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I hope you meant that "LOL" Allison
    Yuppers :smile:
    That is awesome that you have taken measurements...the scale doesn't tell the whole story! It sounds like you actually had a really great July, after all!!

Yeah turns out I did. Thanks!
  • allison8668
    Options
    Date - 7/29
    Food - Logged and under
    Exercise - 35min walk

It was going to be a rest day - but I just felt like walking after dinner.

And, a first for me - got bit / stung by a paper wasp. My husband and I were moving some furniture off the deck. Turns out they had a nest on the thing we were moving. We got about 8 feet - and then I felt this pinch on my finger and see 3 wasps up close and personal. Crap! I dropped that piece of furniture and ran the other way - turning to see 2 of them chasing after me. One got me in the butt. haha. It hurt more than a mosquito bite, and less than a yellow jacket bite. The paper wasps aren't usually aggressive, but I guess when you do something to their nest they get pissed off.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday
    exercise: 20,000 steps
    water: much
    Resting Heart rate: 50
    Went to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers at there training camp. Walked around town.
    Plans this week include playing in 6 softball games but rain is in the forecast.

Sounds like you had a good Sunday! Steelers fan, are you?! Even though we are Canadian, we are all Raiders fans in our house!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge - 7/29
    logged: yes
    calories: no
    exercise: yes, 35 minutes run/walk intervals. 15 minutes weights

Last week I was the DD for my wife at a concert. Last night she returned the favor. Lite beers put me over calories. But I woke up and hit the gym first thing in anticipation of getting some of those calories back.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    Food tracked and I’m under
    I’m new here and I’m very motivated
    11,000 step goal and usually beat that
    Long walks with my dogs, Zumba, and other classes at the gym. I’ve cut way back on eating, and a whole lot of water helps.

Hello, and welcome!! I am glad to hear you are super motivated!! Sounds like you have a lot of different workouts to choose from....that does help keep things from getting boring!!! Best of luck to you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    Mini challenge 7/29
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes Got out early to walk Brandy and then Hubby tried to do the "7 minute" exercises with me. My sides are sore from the Hula lessons yesterday and then laughing at hubby and I doing these exercises with the dog wanting to get involved made for a really funny scene. My mother used to say if she could be a fly on the wall and I think she probably was today.

You do paint a picture, Mary Kay!! Glad it was a family fitness affair!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Date - 7/29
    Food - Logged and under
    Exercise - 35min walk

It was going to be a rest day - but I just felt like walking after dinner.

And, a first for me - got bit / stung by a paper wasp. My husband and I were moving some furniture off the deck. Turns out they had a nest on the thing we were moving. We got about 8 feet - and then I felt this pinch on my finger and see 3 wasps up close and personal. Crap! I dropped that piece of furniture and ran the other way - turning to see 2 of them chasing after me. One got me in the butt. haha. It hurt more than a mosquito bite, and less than a yellow jacket bite. The paper wasps aren't usually aggressive, but I guess when you do something to their nest they get pissed off.

Never heard of paper wasps....glad it didn't hurt too much. On a positive note, you got a short run out of the ordeal!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello everyone

Thanks for the add to the team

My name is Jamie and I am 62 young!

I have 100 to lose 😬😬

I have tried WW too many times to count and now realize that calories in/out makes the most sense

My plan is simple: count calories and walk 1 hour (or bike) 60 minutes per day

I am now off to walk! Have a great day everyone

Welcome, Jamie!! I love how you have simplified your plan to lose weight....count calories and get 60 minutes of exercise!!! Sometimes we can make things more complicated that they need to be!! One day, one pound at a time...you got this!!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    July 29
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation, 90 min dancing 💃
    Steps: 11932
    Water 128oz
This discussion has been closed.