Mon: Yes
    Tue: Yes

• CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    7/31
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise- yes, little over an hour on the treadmill.
  • ktrull09
    ktrull09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    7/31
    Tracking: yes
    Under calories : yes
    Exercise: yes
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Truth be told...I haven't put on as much as I thought I had... it's what happens when you lose focus. My kids were on school holidays for two weeks and then we spent two weeks in the city for my youngest's tonsil/adenoid surgery. Hopefully, now that I'm back home and prepared, I will be able to fix the damage fairly quickly.

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: August Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 193.0
    Current Weight: 205.5
  • priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    priiiiiska wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    30/07 and 31/07

Not tracked and no exercise. I am résolu struggling to get back on track after a few days off. Need some motivation :/

Yep. It is hard to get back on track after time off. I don't know what to tell you. Tomorrow is August 1st. Nothing like a brand new month and a fresh start. Just decide that tomorrow you will get back to logging your food and exercising. Or if you are really struggling, just pick one to start with, and work your way back more slowly!

I love how a French word sneaked into your post! I took French all through high school, and even took a few courses in University, but I was never immersed into the language so it never became second nature. Everything I said I still had to translate in my head. And I didn't have the ear for it, couldn't understand what was being said. My grammar and reading was great, but that doesn't count for much when you are trying to have a conversation!! I am still so impressed with people that can speak more than one language!!

I have logged everything in this morning ! Finally. And will definitely go to the gym after work tonight so yay.
    I remembered this morning that it was my weigh in tomorrow so here was that motivation I was looking for.

Learning a language is very hard when you can't practice everyday. My boyfriend has been trying to learn French since we started dating but the struggle is real as we speak only English. It really a tricot one but being able to write and read is already pretty amazing !
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Truth be told...I haven't put on as much as I thought I had... it's what happens when you lose focus. My kids were on school holidays for two weeks and then we spent two weeks in the city for my youngest's tonsil/adenoid surgery. Hopefully, now that I'm back home and prepared, I will be able to fix the damage fairly quickly.

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: August Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 193.0
    Current Weight: 205.5

Nothing like a brand new month with new goals!! You sound okay with your last four weeks...I am assuming that is partially because you enjoyed your holiday, and your son's surgery went well!! You know and I know, that you have the tools to shed this weight! There are 31 days in August...make them all count, one day at a time!!! You got this, Mel! Glad you're back!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Tuesday July 31

Tracked yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercised yes, 40 min of insanity and walking, nearly all day, not counting running groceries up a flight of stairs for the in laws

I didn't know we could post for last Sunday, thought it started Monday so I hope it's ok to post it now, hope it still counts.

Tracked yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercised yes, shopped in the downtown core for over 3 hours...most of it spent speed walking since I can't really afford anything lol
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday July 31

Tracked yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercised yes, 40 min of insanity and walking, nearly all day, not counting running groceries up a flight of stairs for the in laws

I didn't know we could post for last Sunday, thought it started Monday so I hope it's ok to post it now, hope it still counts.

Tracked yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercised yes, shopped in the downtown core for over 3 hours...most of it spent speed walking since I can't really afford anything lol

Nice job, Stephanie! Yes, the mini challenge runs Sunday to Saturday, just like the weigh-in weeks do!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    ktrull09 wrote: »
    7/31
    Under calories : yes
    Exercise: yes

Looks like you are feeling better!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh In:

Last week: 232.6
    This week: 229.4
    3.2 lb loss

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday weigh In:

3.2 lb loss

Whoo hoo!! Seems like everything is ticking along for you right now! Fabulous loss and out of the 30's as an added bonus!! Way to go!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh In:

3.2 lb loss

Whoo hoo!! Seems like everything is ticking along for you right now! Fabulous loss and out of the 30's as an added bonus!! Way to go!!

Smallest weight I've seen since I was a pre-teen, so it is very exciting for me. :smiley:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday weigh In:

3.2 lb loss

Smallest weight I've seen since I was a pre-teen, so it is very exciting for me. :smiley:

Wow! That IS exciting!! Keep it going, Vi!!
  • jkdooley
    jkdooley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The August challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday July 29th, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, July 29th!!

On my MFP, should I turn off the feature for increasing calories as activity is recorded?
  • jkdooley
    Options
    Weigh in day weight: 168.2
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    8/1 weigh-in Wednesday
    Previous: 183
    Current: 181.5

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    July 31
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: none
    I am stiff & sore
    Steps: 1614
    Water 128oz
  • jkdooley
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The August challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday July 29th, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, July 29th!!
This discussion has been closed.