Jp's omad journey

jadepearl
jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
Hello Everyone,

Its nice to find an OMAD group online who supports each other as I tend to fall off the wagon quite often. I have been trying to loose weight for ages. I found OMAD online and started my journey on July 14, 2018. My stats:

Height : 5'2"
SW : 67kg
CW : 64.2kg
GW : 50kg

I am currently in Week3 and so far I have loss 2.8kg (6.17lb). It has been a slow journey for me and Week2 was quite trying as my weight stayed the same for several days. However, I have got use to this new lifestyle of mine (OMAD-ing) and I love it. The first week was tough as I had night cravings but green tea helped me a lot and I am thankful for it.

As for exercise, I tend to do zumba dance aerobics 2-3 times a week and I enjoy it a lot. Its a way to relax after working the whole day.

Hope to get to know you all soon.

Take care and have a wonderful Tuesday!

Cheers!

Replies

• tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome to the group JP, this is a great place with a wonderful group of very supportive members who are here to encourage and cheer you on to success. I look forward to sharing in your journey.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome JP glad you are here! Looking forward to sharing your journey with you, sounds like you are off to a fabulous start!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome!

Each day is different, do your best and please don't self loath when you "fail"...

Failure is often educational. What did you learn from it?
  • jadepearl
    tlblanks1 & dkayingram - Thank you for the warm welcome & support! :) So glad to have found this group! :)

EstrangedTiger - Thank you for the warm welcome & support! :) That's what I do when I fail but I am trying to learn to get back on the wagon and try, try again.

SW: 67kg
    CW: 63.9kg

I know I only suppose to weigh myself once a week but its hard to stop myself. This is something which I have to change so that I don't disappoint myself when my weight goes up due to water weight, etc, etc. I tend to give so many excuses and after that hate myself for eating too much. The cycle goes on and on. Thankfully, hubby and the kids are getting use to me eating OMAD. However, with them snacking in front of me ain't helping much either..lol.

How's everyone doing today?

Stay strong :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    jadepearl wrote: »
    tlblanks1 & dkayingram - Thank you for the warm welcome & support! :) So glad to have found this group! :)

EstrangedTiger - Thank you for the warm welcome & support! :) That's what I do when I fail but I am trying to learn to get back on the wagon and try, try again.

CW: 63.9kg

I know I only suppose to weigh myself once a week but its hard to stop myself. This is something which I have to change so that I don't disappoint myself when my weight goes up due to water weight, etc, etc. I tend to give so many excuses and after that hate myself for eating too much. The cycle goes on and on. Thankfully, hubby and the kids are getting use to me eating OMAD. However, with them snacking in front of me ain't helping much either..lol.

How's everyone doing today?

Stay strong :)

I'm good. This was my version of a slurge day.

So, I had a triple bacon cheeseburger (with all the fixings) with lettuce instead of bread. Handcut Cajun fries and a Stevia sweetened cola.

It's so nice to eat fun food and still lose weight.

I challenge you to have more fun with your OMAD, following Joe's plate rules.

Why did I share? You don't have to feel like you are doing without and slim down with OMAD.

Women are so tough on themselves! Be nice to you!

• jadepearl
    edited August 2018
    @EstrangedTiger - thank you for sharing. I do have a fun day and that's mostly Sundays where they choose a place where the whole family will have lunch at. As you know kids, its always McD, KFC and other fastfood joints. Will read more about Joe's Plate Rules. I am getting use the OMAD lifestyle. Thank you! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited August 2018
    @EstrangedTiger - thank you for sharing. I do have a fun day and that's mostly Sundays where they choose a place where the whole family will have lunch at. As you know kids, its always McD, KFC and other fastfood joints. Will read more about Joe's Plate Rules. I am getting use the OMAD lifestyle. Thank you! :)

OK, the forum owner has great starter videos. I would highly advise diving into them ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqU8_UPK09E2RRt78CXJ2KQ
  • jadepearl
    @EstrangedTiger - thank you for the youtube link. I am watching it and am learning a lot here. Love the one about the weight plateau. Thank you! :)
  • dkayingram
    Totally agree - the videos are a huge help especially when getting started. Even being along in the journey I have re-watched them just as reminders to myself.

Be nice to you.….Don't give up or beat yourself up if you have a bad day.....Just start fresh the next day. I think for me, that has been the biggest thing I have learned in this process. I still have a way to go but I feel great about getting there....

• EstrangedTiger
    @EstrangedTiger - thank you for the youtube link. I am watching it and am learning a lot here. Love the one about the weight plateau. Thank you! :)

Hey, just happy you want the information! Joe is very balanced and realistic in his approach, in my opinion. Sustainable.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Keep up the great work !
  • jadepearl
    @dkayingram - I have watched every single video and I must say I am on the right track. The one about the weight plateau is really what I needed to hear. I am getting use to this lifestyle and I keep telling myself that if I have a bad day, that's alright. Tomorrow is a new day, a new start. But, as always the "little SHE devil" whispers nonsense into my left ear...lol

@EstrangedTiger - I have watched all the videos :) As Joe said, Week 3 will be easier. It surely is. Thank you for sharing! :)

@catuccifranco08 - Thank you for your support! :)

CW: Didn't weigh-in today :)
    Day: 20

Good afternoon :)

Ha, ha...didn't weigh myself today, can't believe myself! I am training myself to only weigh myself once a week. Its hard but I succeeded today. I will weigh-in every Sat unless I cave in. We shall see..

Yesterday was pretty good, had my OMAD at 12.30pm and fasted till 12pm today. Did my dance aerobic workout and half way through, my kids joint in...had a fun time with them! Got to cherish all these moments as once they are grown-up, they will have their own lives.

I love watching Joe's videos on youtube as its so educational and it motivates me to keep OMAD-ing. The video on weight plateau is the best! I will re-watch it whenever I hit a plateau so that I won't give up.

How's everyone doing on this Thursday?

Have a great day! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    @JadePearl3 I’m having a hyper night, fasting gives me energy. Time for a walk!

Sounds like you have a wonderful family!
  • dkayingram
    Glad you are doing well.
    Oh yeah the little "she devil" Hate Hate her :).

I agree - the longer I go without food, the better I feel. I also only weigh once a week, I would not be able to do it more than that since weight changes. My weigh-in day is either Friday or Saturday. Bet of luck with yours....
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I do my dancing with my grandkids, they really keep me going :p Watching Joes videos is the best, KUTGW
  • jadepearl
    @EstrangedTiger - I am beginning to have that feeling. The longer I fast, the better I feel. Hope you had a wonderful walk! I love walking with my kids.

@dkayingram - I finally managed to stop myself from weighing every day. My weigh-in will be on Sat. And yes, I feel much better when I prolong my fast.

@Brendalea69 - Oh yes, they do. My kids often bet with me and if I loose, I will have to buy the ice-creams..lol

CW:63.3kg
    Day: 22 (Week 4)

Hello OMAD-ders! How are you guys? I weighed myself today as I am trying to get my head around of weighing myself once a week. Its very hard for someone who is obsessed with the scale but I am trying. So far, I have loss 3.7kg (roughly 8.15 lbs). I am happy with the results. Hopefully I can see 62kg next week. Slowly but surely.

I was actually quite disappointed with myself at first as I am doing OMAD with another friend of mine. She is loosing tons of weight like 4kg per week and I am like a little turtle. However, when I found out that she practically starving herself, I told myself that even though I am slow, but at least I am enjoying the food I love while OMAD-ing. I can actually say I love this new lifestyle of mine.

OMG, by the 11th August 2018 I will be on OMAD for a month..isn't that fast? I don't even feel as though I am on a diet. I treat it more like my new lifestyle and my family is getting use to it.

I hope that you guys are doing well too.

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

• EstrangedTiger
    I’m sitting tight in Canada, looking at the stars! Good job on your loss.

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    You are doing awesome keep up the great work it will pay off for you ! Have a great weekend!
  • jadepearl
    edited August 2018
    @EstrangedTiger - Love looking at the stars. We can always see the southern cross here. Thank you for your support☺

@catuccifranco08 - Thank you for your encouragement. ☺
  • jadepearl
    Good afternoon OMADers,

Its Sunday afternoon here and my kids are helping hubby to mow the lawn. Housework done too. Guess some calories are being burnt when I do housework. 👍

Had my OMAD at 1.30pm with the family. Kids wanted Big Breakfast Brunch - bacons, sauteed mushrooms, breakfast sausages, eggs, hash browns & toast bread. Into my 4th week now and hubby and kids are getting use to my OMAD lifestyle. Think this is going to work😆

How is everyone doing today?

Take care😘