TEAM: Flab-U-Less (August)

Options

Replies

• jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Anita, this is my first time taking part in this challenge. I've lost my motivation lately and am hoping this challenge will help me get back on track, looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Username: Jibeirish
    Weigh in week: August week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's weight: 170 lbs.
    Todays Weight: 166 lbs.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's Monday in my office and the social committee bought bagels and cream cheese for everyone. My starting weight for the challenge was 148.6 and this morning I was 145.6; my weigh in day isn't even till Thursday. The last 4 weeks I've been losing more weight than thermodynamics owes me so I feel bad complaining about it but I'm worried I have some medical thing going on. I should not be losing more than 2.5lbs/week; not even close to that.

What way are you tracking your exercise. If you're just going by mfps calculations it could just be that you are burning off more that you think you are. Also the theory of a set amount of calories is 1lb is very flawed. There's no solid proof but people still go by it. I was burning up the amount they reckoned was for 1lb lost(I wasn't trying to, just coincidence) and was losing 3 to 4 lbs. Hopefully it's just something like that and there's nothing wrong. Oh and I knew I was burning that because I started using a chest band HRM. Mfp was very off with what I was using for some walks.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    @Dijou11,enjoy your vacation. You deserve it!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Today's weight 192.5lbs. No progress for the past few months.Need to recoup and get re-motivated.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    Today's weight 192.5lbs. No progress for the past few months.Need to recoup and get re-motivated.

You can do it.
    I've had to think back to what I use to do before and I've set myself 80 miles walking for the month. I did it for July but this month it won't involve normal daily movement like around the house or garden this month.
    You could set yourself a certain amount of steps per day. That would be a start.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    @nebslp I'm super sensitive to stress like that as well. I grew up in a VERY chaotic environment and being hypersensitive to every tone and facial expression of someone on the edge of an outburst had me stress-comfort eating too so no advise but just wanted to say I get it!

@ToadstoolBetty I use a fitbit which has been pretty bang on for the last SIX years so I'm perplexed haha. My weight has leveled out (never thought I'd be excited to gain 2lbs in my life lol) so I guess I'll just see what happens over the next 4 weeks!

• sharonbruck
    sharonbruck Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well, I ate healthy today. I met my goals. I went to the gym. Aaaand now all I want to do is eat cake. Aaargh!!!
  • marcicorona32
    marcicorona32 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Marcicorona32
    I will weigh in on Saturdays
    1st week for me August 4th
    Good luck team!💪🙏
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week 1 (Aug 1): 208
    Week 2 (Aug 8):
    Week 3 (Aug 15):
    Week 4 (Aug 22):
    Week 5 (Aug 29):
    CW: 207.9
    GW for August: 200
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    @nebslp
    I have the opposite experience. I was raised with yelling and physical violence as a child with my parents—dad had PTSD from the war as well as being a raging alcoholic. I’ve had to learn to accept the silence from my husband. I do enjoy the peace and quiet at home but sometimes his silence is passive aggressive and hurts worse than the screaming.
    There will come a point, I’m not sure if you’ve already reached it or not, where you have to decide if it’s worth your health to stay in that situation. Everyone has a breaking point.
    Good luck with your goal this month! Here to cheer you on!

• inertiastrength
    Options
    Well ladies after much panic about losing too fast and looking flat and like I had lost lean mass last night I did an unplanned but much needed refeed of 450g carbs and this morning, while I won't be much help till the glycogen and water falls off, I was up from 146.8 to 149.6 I've never been so happy to gain weight; my muscles are full and lovely haaha. I'll weigh in but won't be able to contribute much to our group weight loss but next week the water will be gone and I'll get us with double what I *should* lose. Timing sucks but I feel a lot more sane lol
  • rhyahcf
    rhyahcf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Rhyahcf
    Last weigh in-199
    Weigh in week 1 Wednesday, August 1st
    Weight- 198
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to those who responded to the message I posted yesterday about how yelling in my home causes me anxiety which ends up in stress eating. Your kind words and understanding mean a lot to me. I’m going to try to be more responsive here in this group because it really does make a difference. Thanks again.
  • emincarnato
    emincarnato Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm having a REALLY hard time hitting the 1,500 calorie goal I've set for myself. It is very hard for me to get above the 800-950 calorie mark, barely getting over 1,000 calories a day. I'm aware this is unhealthy and I'm even getting terrible headaches because of it but I also get sick when forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry. I did force myself to eat 2x the calorie goal today, which is helping with the headache but I now everything else feels meh.
    Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions to get over this?? It seems I either eat WAYYY too much or WAYYY too little.
    I also need more variety in snacks and meals, so if anyone has some personal favorites, I'd love to hear it.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm having a REALLY hard time hitting the 1,500 calorie goal I've set for myself. It is very hard for me to get above the 800-950 calorie mark, barely getting over 1,000 calories a day. I'm aware this is unhealthy and I'm even getting terrible headaches because of it but I also get sick when forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry. I did force myself to eat 2x the calorie goal today, which is helping with the headache but I now everything else feels meh.
    Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions to get over this?? It seems I either eat WAYYY too much or WAYYY too little.
    I also need more variety in snacks and meals, so if anyone has some personal favorites, I'd love to hear it.

The headaches are from low blood sugar. If it gets too low you will be I'll for hours. When my blood sugar crashes far too low I can still feel ill a couple of days later.
    Has this been going on for a long time or just recently.
    You could try high fat smoothies with avocados or nuts and seeds .
    If it's causing you to feel ill and been going on for a long time I think you should see a Dr if haven't already. Hopefully it's just that your stomach has strunk but if you are exercising as well as eating under 1000 then you are burning off every thing you're eating to make it even worse.
    Oh rice cakes I eat to get a quick raise if my sugars drop. Rice cakes with nut butter on it would be a good snack to maybe stop you feeling ill or headaches.
  • inertiastrength
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Username: mrsnattybulking
    Weigh in week: August Week 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 148.4
    Todays Weight: 148.4
  • inertiastrength
    Options

Are you trying to cut out "bad" foods or eat squeaky clean? This sounds psychological more than physiological. Try adding some peanut butter to a shake or have something more calorie dense like pizza etc.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Starting Weight -1/18 - 189
    Weight at the end of July - 156.4
    WI day Saturday- 7/28 - 156.3
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bisonpitcher
    Week 1
    Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 198.0
    Current Weight: 196.2
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Aganey
    Week 1
    Friday

Previous weight: 179.6
    Current weight: 177.8

Off to a good start for August! Trying to get to the lower 170's and to stop yo-yoing in the upper 170's for this month's goal. Have a great weekend everyone!
This discussion has been closed.