ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Username:ShareASmile
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 1
    Beginning weight:163.8
    Current weight:166

Ugh! Okay, this was a bad week to start. Don't lose faith in me, gutbusters! I was at the beach with my family and didn't exercise much at all. Also, though I tried to watch what I ate, the tropical drinks, pretty much did me in! 😒 I'll be much better next week!!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    So, do we have anyone who's entering our weekly weights in a spreadsheet? If no, I'm volunteering to do it.
  • metubal
    Options
    lolakinks wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Ezgi, living in İstanbul/Turkey. I'm an academician and masters student. I'm 28 years old. My height is 164 cm (5'4.5'') and my starting weight for this challenge is 85 kg (187.3 lbs), which I weigh myself on July 27. I will weigh myself on Friday. I try to take 1200 cal and walk 6-7 km per day. And also I want to swim 3 days a week. My goal weight is for this challenge is kinda big, but I'm really motivated for it. I want to be 79 kg (174.1 lbs) by the end of August. I bought a smoothie blender, I'll make healthy and nutritious smoothies every day (probably evenings because it's hard to make dinner because I have no energy in the evenings). I had drunk alcohol and had eaten junk food almost every day until 2 days ago. I'll eat/drink them rarely.

Good luck everybody!

Merhaba Ezgi. Another Turk on board! I'm from Izmir, went to college in Ankara,worked in Istanbul, and moved to USA almost 14 years ago.

Kilo verme ve saglikli olma yolunda kolay gelsin! (Translation for English speaking friends: Good luck on this adventure of losing weight and getting healthy.)
  • kiwih32
    kiwih32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Username: kiwih3
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous week's weight: 210
    Current weight: 208
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Username: jaygirl3
    Weigh in day:sunday
    Beginning weight:209.6
    todays weight: 208
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Username:Fe452436
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Weigh in week:Week 1
    Previous week weight:192.5 lbs
    Weight this week:191 lbs

Hit 188 lbs 2 weeks ago.Still trying to achieve that weight again.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    So, do we have anyone who's entering our weekly weights in a spreadsheet? If no, I'm volunteering to do it.

@metubal. I am currently entering weight for Gutbusters (when I can). When I am a little behind because of my work schedule, Ashley ( @AB0215. ) picks up the slack.

I will private message (PM) you about this. Would be extremely grateful for the assistance.
  • metubal
    Options
    Woohoo, Gutbusters! Way to start the new week!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    August 5
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 5km in 40 mins hills
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Frustrating day today. Wife planned to go walking (and take daughter and friend) so I was going to go with her (and forgo drone racing practice). Family first and I have been travelling so much so time out and active with them would be nice.

Well, so much delay and hanging around doing "time fillers" and "odd jobs" waiting for them to get organised. Eventually they didn't go (so I could have gone flying anyway). To make up for the lack of activity with them, managed to squeeze in a walk just before dusk.

Tired early now, so will try get more sleep. Work across town tomorrow (early start, since car not working properly and need to get public transport - expect 4 hours travel total tomorrow). Then back to Sydney on Tuesday. There goes my week.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 05 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • LydiaKate1995
    LydiaKate1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Username: Lydiakate1995
    Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Last weeks weight: 309lbs
    This week’s weight: 308.5lbs

• ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Username: ahelgers10
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Previous Weight: 200.6
    Todays Weight: 198.2
  • biblebabe588
    biblebabe588 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    August 4
    Excersied:yes
    Calories:yes
    Tracked:yes
    I am not loose weight as much as i want i am loosing the inches. So in this aspect dont ger discoyrage if u didnt loose the weight u should of lost but maybe u lost inches instead. I have learn this week because i kept beating my self up. So stay strong and contiune doing the best u can! As I am learning from the has fit tribe jist keep moving.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Our group has done pretty good for the first weeks challenge. Keep up the momentum everyone
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Username: lolakinks
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    Weigh-in Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 85 kg (187.3 lbs)
    Current Weight: 84.2 kg (185.6 lbs)

Until last two days I was going well. Even I saw 83.6 kg (184.3 lbs) but then stress and depression...

@lolakinks. Stress eating is always a hard one.

Best tips are:
    1. It is going to happen, be prepared, have good non-calorie dense comfort food available (so if you do binge, it's at least on stuff that will do the least harm).
    2. Recognise when you do stress eat so you can try make a conscious decision to perform another action.
    3. Try work out the triggers for stress eating and make plans on how to avoid the triggers.
    4. Be kind to yourself when you find you have been stress eating. It is never the end of the world (or even the diet). Just forgive yourself for it and get back to plan as if it had not occurred.
    5. Try get enough sleep. Make sleep a priority (more important than TV, social media, MFP, rage cleaning the house, etc...). Schedule extra time for it.
    6. Schedule a reward for yourself for making an ever increasing time interval without stress eating. Something you want to do or a treat or the like. Reward good behaviour (work far better than punishing bad behaviour).
    7. Set progress by what you can CONTROL, not by outcomes. 7 days without stress eating is something you CAN control and is a good goal. Losing 1lb a week is something you CANNOT control and is a bad goal. Work for behaviour modification, not body modification results.

All the best.

Thank you so much <3
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Ezgi, living in İstanbul/Turkey. I'm an academician and masters student. I'm 28 years old. My height is 164 cm (5'4.5'') and my starting weight for this challenge is 85 kg (187.3 lbs), which I weigh myself on July 27. I will weigh myself on Friday. I try to take 1200 cal and walk 6-7 km per day. And also I want to swim 3 days a week. My goal weight is for this challenge is kinda big, but I'm really motivated for it. I want to be 79 kg (174.1 lbs) by the end of August. I bought a smoothie blender, I'll make healthy and nutritious smoothies every day (probably evenings because it's hard to make dinner because I have no energy in the evenings). I had drunk alcohol and had eaten junk food almost every day until 2 days ago. I'll eat/drink them rarely.

Good luck everybody!

Merhaba Ezgi. Another Turk on board! I'm from Izmir, went to college in Ankara,worked in Istanbul, and moved to USA almost 14 years ago.

Kilo verme ve saglikli olma yolunda kolay gelsin! (Translation for English speaking friends: Good luck on this adventure of losing weight and getting healthy.)

Hey, I'm also from İzmir, I've been living in İstanbul about 11 years. I also want to go USA for PhD, I hope so...
    Thank you for your support! Sana da kolay gelsin :)
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Username: WishfulThinning18
    Previous Weight: 318.8
    Todays Weight: 316.6

Sad it wasn't a bigger loss. I know timing of this weigh in wasn't great either. Super bloated.UGH.

It's better than gaining though! And still motivated to stick with it.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Username: WishfulThinning18
    Previous Weight: 318.8
    Todays Weight: 316.6

Sad it wasn't a bigger loss. I know timing of this weigh in wasn't great either. Super bloated.UGH.

It's better than gaining though! And still motivated to stick with it.

@WishfulThinning18. After week 1 to not go backwards is a fantastic achievement.

Weight loss goes in fits and starts. It is never linear. Doing the same work seldom produces the exact same results. The biggest variance to daily weight is water. You can vary by up to 3 lbs per day on water weight alone.

Initial weight loss when changing what you do is usually greater. Then it settles down to more normal levels.

The key to permanent weight loss/management is to change your lifestyle and thinking, not just go on a diet or exercise plan. What you o to reduce weight will be very similar to what you do to maintain weight once it has come off. Make sure that what you are doing to reduce is maintainable with your lifestyle going forwards.

My biggest changes were:
    • No planned eating between meals (save all calories for bigger, more nutritious and filling meals).
    • Low gluten (this I found for me that gluten foods did not make me feel good - more lethargic - almost as if what I ate afterwards was not being digested properly).
    • Daily tracking - can see if things start to change - keeps me conscious of what I am eating and ensuring I eat enough of the right things.
    • Daily activity (note: not exercise, activity - walking, hobbies, etc. Not being on the couch watching TV or playing video games or endless hours on social media or web surfing).

You can do this. Small changes you can live and just keep going past any failures.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'll be posting my weight Wednesday this week--out of town until then.
  • cheeso1
    cheeso1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lost 1lb this week but now I am on holiday till Saturday so I will try my very best x
This discussion has been closed.