TEAM: Flab-U-Less (August)

Options

Replies

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    @ ToadstoolBetty, thanks for your suggestion. Summer is usually a very bad time for dieting. I am definitely not doing well as I had expected but I am not giving up
    Options
    last week's wt 192.5lbs
    Todays wt 194lbs
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Week 1 (July 31): 187
    Week 2 (August 7): 189
    Week 3 (August 14):
    Week 4 (August 21):
    Week 5? (August 28):

So sorry everyone I missed last week. I gained somewhat though since then. I ate cake yesterday for my coworker's bday which threw me off. But I'm working hard!

I need some advice. At my gym they're going to have a program called ForeverFit that is a 20 session, 10 week fitness program that not only has workouts, but also helps you form good nutrition habits and break your old habits and learn how to avoid injury when working out and it seems to have a lot of benefits. The problem is it costs $539 for the whole program. I was really interested in it because I feel like it would benefit me, but I'm in college and probably shouldn't spend that money right now. I was considering it heavily because the gym I go to is owned by my school and I get to go for free, so I thought I could take advantage of it while I still don't have to pay for the facilities. I'm conflicted. My mom thinks it would help me but that I could probably do all of that on my own, and that I shouldn't spend all of that money on it. I think she's probably right but that it's also a worthwhile investment on myself to hopefully inspire real change. So I'm really stuck here...if anyone has advice please help :pensive::relieved:
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    @lar25473 I agree with your mom. That is a LOT of money to spend on a program. Everything you need can be learned here on MFP for free. I started knowing nothing and lots of great members helped me out and when you learn for yourself I feel like that's more long lasting than a program someone spoon feeds you. Just my .02$
  • shea2986
    shea2986 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @lar25473 That is a steep price! Have you joined a gym before, do you think you will regularly attend now?Have you shopped around? Are there similar services you could try for cheaper?
    If follow through isnt your issue and you think this is going to catapult your weight loss , then go for it!
    Im personally guilty of joining gyms and then never showing back up.I've spent money on everything from gyms to nutrisystem, and alli . I was most successful when i finally got my head into the game. I started walking and doing exercise videos at home, eating low carb and Finally i started seeing the results i was looking for.
    Its all about finding what works for you. Good luck what ever you decide!
  • lar25473
    Options
    @shea2986 This is my regular gym that I've been going to for a year now, so follow through isn't too much of a problem. My weight loss problem is that I don't eat right and don't know how to eat right and that's partially why I'm considering this, because I want my trainer to teach me how to eat better...but my mom is right too when she says I can do that myself...so I'm so conflicted :lol:
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Username: ecowles675
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Starting Weight: 182
    Week 1 (August 1): forgot to post
    Week 2 (August 8): 180
    Week 3 (August 15):
    Week 4 (August 22):
    Week 5 (August 29):

Vacation weight officially off. Would love to see 175 by the end of the month. School starts next week so my workout routine will be off track for a bit until we settle into the new schedule (school, two different sports, etc.) so I have to be conscious of food choices. I seem to eat better and stay on plan when I work out.
  • rhyahcf
    rhyahcf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I didn’t gain like I thought I would. Yay! Didn’t lose, but didn’t gain.
    Starting weight 199
    Week 1- 198
    Week 2- 198
    Options
    $500.00 can go a very long way for a college student.There is a lot of downloadable nutritional info available.Remember mama is always right!Save your money!
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    @lar25473 search the internet instead. Look for healthy snack and recipes on Pinterest and use that money to buy the healthy food.
    Add more vegetables to your meals and fruit. There's endless sites out there to help you.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Username: mrsnattybulking
    Weigh in week: August Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 148.4
    Todays Weight: 147.8
  • lar25473
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    $500.00 can go a very long way for a college student.There is a lot of downloadable nutritional info available.Remember mama is always right!Save your money!

Mom has never steered me wrong before. I'm going to save that $500 maybe for a piece of equipment to use at home for those days when I'm not able to go to the gym. That might be a better long-term investment!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Aganey
    Week 2
    Friday

Previous weight: 177.8
    Current weight: 176.8

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Thursday

Week 1 : 303.8 (August 2)
    Week 2: 303.2 (August 9)
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    CW: 303.8
    GW for August: 299
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Last week weigh in 182.4
    Week 2 182.0
  • MarieAnn75
    MarieAnn75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday

Starting Weight: 213
    Week 1 (Aug 4): 209.6
    Week 2 (Aug 11): 209.6
    Week 3 (Aug 18):
    Week 4 (Aug 25):
    Week 5 (Aug 31):

Rough week. Have you ever been so sunburned that it hurts to have clothes on. No activity at all this week. I've got to get back on track this week. Sunburn no longer an issue, but peeling everywhere. Oh, even my lips got burned and they hurt now :(
  • Fit_fad
    Fit_fad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    User name - fit_fad
    Week 1- 153.3
    Week 2-152.2
    Week 3- 152 (8/11/18)
    Week 4-
    Week 5-
  • ToadstoolBetty
    Options
    ToadstoolBetty
    Sunday
    Week 3
    Previous 159.6
    Current 161.6
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    eminater
    Sundays
    Week 3

Starting Weight: 209.2 lbs
    Week 1 (29/07): 207.2 lbs ... :smile:
    Week 2 (05/08): 205.6 lbs ... :sweat_smile: a loss is a loss
    Week 3 (12/08): 209.0 lbs ... SORRY TEAM! A BUMP :sweat:
    Week 4 (19/08):
    Week 5 (26/08):
  • ToadstoolBetty
    Options
    ToadstoolBetty
    Sunday
    Week 3
    Previous 159.6
    Current 161.6

Sorry keep making mistakes in my weights.
    Previous 160.6 not 159.6
    Current 161.6 (in the plopper 😒)
This discussion has been closed.