Jp's omad journey

Replies

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Mmmmmmm sounds really good want to take a bite out of my phone ! Lol keep up the great PROGRESS
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @catuccifranco08 - Thank you for your encouragement. :) Kids finished up everything and that's how I like it. It drives me nuts when I have to force them to eat veggies..lol :)

Day 24 (Week 4)
    CW: Waiting for weigh-on this Sat

Good evening OMADers :)

Just this morning hubby was saying that the jeans that I wearing is a bit too loose for me. I could feel that is no longer tight but didn't know hubby would notice it too. Hopefully I can get into a size 8 jeans before Christmas...fingers crossed! Broke my fast and had my OMAD at 12.15pm today.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is doing Weight Watchers and she gave me this jpeg image and I think is a good reminder for all and I would like to share with you guys:

80pj8vbejw1a.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday! :)

Take care!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You are doing great with your weight loss. To me, one of the main reasons I feel it is successful is because I don't view it as a diet. I just delay my eating!
    KUTGW!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    @catuccifranco08 - Thank you for your encouragement. :) Kids finished up everything and that's how I like it. It drives me nuts when I have to force them to eat veggies..lol :)

Day 24 (Week 4)
    CW: Waiting for weigh-on this Sat

Good evening OMADers :)

Just this morning hubby was saying that the jeans that I wearing is a bit too loose for me. I could feel that is no longer tight but didn't know hubby would notice it too. Hopefully I can get into a size 8 jeans before Christmas...fingers crossed! Broke my fast and had my OMAD at 12.15pm today.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is doing Weight Watchers and she gave me this jpeg image and I think is a good reminder for all and I would like to share with you guys:

80pj8vbejw1a.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday! :)

Take care!

What a brilliant image! I'm stealing it.

I'm back from Canada and need some encouragement, it was fun, but Dionysus would have been proud!

That is a tasty meal, btw.

• jadepearl
    @dkayingram - Thank you for your support! :) I hear ya...I am calling it my new lifestyle and am getting use to this way of eating. Am loving it :)

@EstrangedTiger - Welcome back! :) Glad to hear that you had an awesome time! :) I think my kids would love to have brunch every day if they can. But, I make it as a special treat on Sundays for the whole family. :)

Day 25 (Week 4)
    CW: Weigh-in on Sat

Good afternoon OMADers!

When I woke-up this morning, caught my hubby hiding my scales. I was just telling my hubby last night that I am just going to weigh myself once a week and he asked me which day and I said Saturday. I didn't even think he would bother much as it was just a casual conversation. Goodness me, he actually tried to hide the scales. Oh well, that shows how well he know me..lol. Had my OMAD at 12.30pm today and hopefully do some exercise this evening.

How are you guys doing?

Take care and happy Tuesday! :)

• dkayingram
    @jadepearl :D that is so funny about the scales. Glad you are having a good week 4 and can't wait to see your results when you weigh!

• jadepearl
    edited August 2018
    @dkayingram - I know..lol. Hubby drives me nuts sometimes :) Good luck with your weigh-in on Sat too! Glad to hear that you don't have to wear the sling anymore. :)

Day 26 (Week 4)

Good afternoon OMADers! :)

How are you guys today?

A little rant..just had to get it out. I really need to knock it into my head..keep OMAD to yourself. I went grocery shopping this morning and met a friend of mine. She noticed that I loss some weight (Yay, me!) and asked me if I am starving myself again like the good old days in Uni. We actually ate very little in Uni as we wanted to be thin & slim like our friend who's a model. Being with this model buddy of ours was stressful coz even though I only weighed 45kg at that time, I was still considered fat when we were with her and people do comment about it. Oh well, eons later, the model became a teacher who is still as skinny as ever and my friend became a Bookkeeper who is now a little larger. I guess after 2-3 kids, we do change. Anyway, told her that I wasn't starving, I was doing OMAD. Good golly me, she went on and on about me killing myself slowly, not enough food to sustain the body, etc, etc, etc. Stood there like a fool for nearly 15 mins before hubby came to my rescue. He was busy talking to his friend about football. Hubby said that I should have just cut her off or tell her to MYOB. Its a bit hard for me to do that as she has been my friend since Uni days. Hubby said I am just too softhearted. Lesson learnt - keep my mouth shut!!!

Hope you guys are having a better Wednesday that little old me !

Take care! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    I’ve made the same mistake. Interestingly enough, the naysayers are often just rattling off false information while having no plan of their own.

Friends can be so harsh to each other! Mercy.

Shake it off, you will be fine!
  • jadepearl
    @EstrangedTiger - That is so true☺ Going to be smarter the next time. I am alright now, thanks👍
  • dkayingram
    WOW that is awful about the friend. I think we all have made the same mistake before, those that don't understand are just #haters :). Great she noticed your weight loss though - SCORE!
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    I am trying to wean myself from the everyday scale peak also. Glad to hear your family is supportive. That breakfast sounds good. I may have to make something like that during my dinner eating window. I miss bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc.
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Breakfast for dinner is one of my faves. Very convenient and really tasty.
  • jadepearl
    @dkayingram - I was telling hubby that and he said that she was just jealous and fuming at me. He also said that women are really mean to other women sometimes. At my weight loss was noticable... :smile :)

@KatsNewYear - Our family love these brunches.. :) Yeah, sound yummy for dinner too.

@tlblanks1 - Yep, breakfast for dinner will be delicious too! :)

Day 30 (Week 5)
    CW: 62.2kg

Hello Omaders! :)

Have been quite busy at work. Didn't have much time to log-in. Wanted to log-in at night but the kids were having projects and dear Mom had to help out. So, weigh-in and the scales said 62.2kg. That means I have loss 4.8kg (10.58lbs). Doing a happy dance here! I am happy for sure even though it is slow. At least I still eat whatever I love, thus not having cravings. That's the way...ah-ha, ah-ha, I like it!

How are you guys doing?

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Cheers!

• jadepearl
    edited August 2018
    Day 32 (Week 5)

In a blink of an eye, I have done OMAD for 1 month. I am thankful to have loss 4.8kg (10.58lbs) in a month. However, I still have 12.2kg (26.8lbs) to loose. Hopefully, I can get down to my goal weight before Christmas. I keep telling myself, baby steps, baby steps. One good thing is that I can now fit into size 10 jeans. Just bought 2 new jeans and it fits nicely. I OMAD at 12pm today.

I have not been exercising for the past 2 days as I have cramps. I hope this will not effect my weightloss too much. Fingers crossed!

How's everyone doing today?

Take care!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2018
    Good morning- I just caught up on your story and great job! By this point, over a month in, OMAD should be pretty much a habit, by week 6, SOLID! As a guy I try to educate others on OMAD, how it aids body body recomp and all of the other wonderful benefits. I have noticed how jealous women are to other women, so the negative comments don't even surprise me from your friend. Good luck with your OMADs and thanks for keeping us updated, this group really motivates me!!

Edit to add- I weigh in daily, and average weekly, I just can't help it!!
  • dkayingram
    Great job during month 1. Looking forward to following your journey!
  • jadepearl
    @Vanguard1 - Thank you for dropping by! :) Can't wait till Week 6. Oh yes, this group really helped me to stay on OMAD. So far, I am OMADing every day. I guess you are obsessed as me with Mr. Scales.

@dkayingram - Thank you for your support. Without you guys, I would have fall off the wagon. :)

Day 33 (Week 5)

Oh dear, oh dear...sipping coffee in a mug, I think I caught a flu bug. Feeling a little under the weather today. Have been sneezing the whole morning. Had to break fast earlier today 11.30am so that I can take my medicine. Didn't have much appetite anyway. However, I still ate enough to last me till I break fast tomorrow. As the saying goes, starve the fever, feed the cold. We tend to get the flu during winter over here. Roughly 2 weeks more till Spring :)

How's everyone doing today?

Take care :)
  • dkayingram
    Hope you feel better soon!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hate winter!!! I hope your feeling better today <3
  • jadepearl
    @dkayingram & @Brendalea69 - Thank you! <3

Day 36 (Week 5)
    CW: Will weigh myself tomorrow (Sun)

Hello OMADers!

How are you guys today? I am sick like a puppy dog! :( Had to go to work today because if I don't work, I will not be able to put food on the table for my family. Its hailing today too...just too cold to work. Fingers and toes are turning purple..lol Had my OMAD at 12.30pm.

Found a wonderful jpeg and would love to share with you guys!

micf81mfssoc.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend! :)