Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @kayish you are moving right along! Great job!!
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @Kayish Don't down play all that you can do now. THOSE ARE AWESOME!!! Great job looking forward to hearing more from you on your journey :):)<3<3
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @kayish OMG I am so ridiculously happy for you! These are the NSV that count! These are what help you move forward and keep continually improving! You go girl, be proud and keep up what you are doing, everything else will happen eventually. :)
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV is that I’ve started running. It makes me so happy! I can only run about 1/4 of a mile, but I do intervals so I end up running about 2 miles total. It’s crazy to think that back in October I could only walk for 6 minutes and now I’m running!
  • kayish
    kayish Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) it’s amazing what losing 40lbs can do for someone my size. It’s made such a difference. I honestly forgot what it felt like to not struggle to walk short distances or to not be in constant pain.
    @kayish OMG I am so ridiculously happy for you! These are the NSV that count! These are what help you move forward and keep continually improving! You go girl, be proud and keep up what you are doing, everything else will happen eventually. :)

• kayish
    kayish Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I sent friend requests to all of you! And if anyone wants to add me feel free :)
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @crazykatlady820 That is absolutely amazing. So proud of you :):):)<3<3<3
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I bought a new shirt size 4 x and it looked so small when I pulled it out of the package (mail order) I said to my husband opps this one is too small , but I tried it on anyways ........MY son who cares nothing about clothes or how I look , walked out of his room and said wow mom that looks good on you !!! I wear 5x and 6x clothes , have for years . so when I bought this 4x , i was like it's so pretty maybe later I can wear it , but it fit and looks good . I will take a pic later and show it off LOL Made my whole week !
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    kayish wrote: »
    All these NSV’s are so inspiring. I started out at 400 lbs in April and I’m down to around 358 right now.

I don’t have too many NSV’s yet but I’ll share the ones I have had.

I walk quite a bit at work and it got to the point where my back would feel like it was gonna snap after only 5/10 minutes of walking. I would have to go in the restroom and sit down on the toilet just to relieve the pain. I would do this multiple times whenever I had to walk a lot. Now I can easily walk for an hour of more at a time with no back pain. 😊 I’ve been consistently walking 15k steps a day. I usually get to 10k at work and do the rest at home. My back still gets stiff if I walk a lot but no where near what I was feeling at 400lbs.

Also there are times at my job where I have to move tables and chairs and set them up on top of walking for an extended period of time before and after setting up. It was excruciating, I was breathing so hard that i almost had asthma attacks and would be sweating a lot. My asthma is now gone and I don’t need an inhaler anymore!

These aren’t NSV that I can look in the mirror and see but they make such a big difference in my life. Until about 10lbs ago I still found standing still in one place for very long really painful. I would rather walk than have to stand in one place but now that’s improving too.

Oh and this one is fairly new. For the longest time if I’m in the kitchen doing anything cooking/dishes/packing my lunch I would i have to sit in a computer chair and roll around the kitchen while I did whatever task I was doing. It seems like lately I’ve been able to do stuff in the kitchen without needing to sit the majority of the time. A lot of times now I’ll try to get my steps in just walking around the kitchen while waiting for my dinner to be ready. 😊

I can’t wait for big NSV’s like fitting in booths, riding a roller coaster, fitting comfortably in an airplane seat, being able to buy clothes from any store etc but I’m very happy with the progress I’ve made.

OMG I could have written this , I am the same . The being able to cook and clean my kitchen has been amazing , I even did yard work the other day .. I am at 424 , I can't wait for the big deal stuff either , but the little stuff is so amazing too !! Congrats on the losing and Congrats on your NSV's
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I bought a new shirt size 4 x and it looked so small when I pulled it out of the package (mail order) I said to my husband opps this one is too small , but I tried it on anyways ........MY son who cares nothing about clothes or how I look , walked out of his room and said wow mom that looks good on you !!! I wear 5x and 6x clothes , have for years . so when I bought this 4x , i was like it's so pretty maybe later I can wear it , but it fit and looks good . I will take a pic later and show it off LOL Made my whole week !

I know that feeling! I tried on a couple of shirts in Walmart yesterday - from the Ladies section, not the Women's section - 22W's or 2X's - and even though they looked small to me, they actually fit! Well, except for the upper arm.....darned bat wings....... lol

I do that a lot with pants, too. I've been wearing a 22W (or a 20W if its a curvy fit) since January but I still pull out those pants and think they are too small and am constantly amazed when I can button or zip them with ease!
  • tammyfranks2
    edited August 2018
    Options
    melpzcosp25w.jpg

me in my new shirt .
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @tammyfranks2 love it!!! You look fabulous! And that smile says it all <3
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    New shirt and fantastic smile. Applause from me too.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @tammyfranks2 ......HIGH FIVE.....APPLAUSE WOOT WOOT......I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. You look fabulous.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    beautiful shirt - I love the print on that! And it does look great on you! (and so does that big smile :) )
  • tammyfranks2
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone . :smiley:

what's cool is my arms , they use to hang out of my shirts , just a little roll now LOL and you can see my waist Kind of LOL
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @tammyfranks2 I don't think it's kinda see your waist - I think its definitely defined in that shot. Way to go!

I know what you mean about the arm thing - except my arms are still horrible, even after losing the weight I have. I even bought a pair of light constriction stockings and cut the feet off of them to see if I could them to shape my arms and help with that! I'd like to have a elbow-length sleeved body shaper, but I hate to pay what Woman Within charges for the only one they have.
  • kwiris0328
    kwiris0328 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @tammyfranks2 Yay for you! You look fabulous!!! Woohoo!l
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    @tammyfranks2 I don't think it's kinda see your waist - I think its definitely defined in that shot. Way to go!

I know what you mean about the arm thing - except my arms are still horrible, even after losing the weight I have. I even bought a pair of light constriction stockings and cut the feet off of them to see if I could them to shape my arms and help with that! I'd like to have a elbow-length sleeved body shaper, but I hate to pay what Woman Within charges for the only one they have.

Thank You , hey go onto lymphedemaproducts.com and look they have those sleves , you can even get cool colored ones , flowers and stuff on them .

my upper arms in the back of them are still hanging so much , I try to use weights and work on them , just 5 pounds .
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV:

I used the shower facilities at the gym today. That meant walking through the locker room naked wearing nothing but shower shoes and holding an inadequately sized towel in front of me for modesty's sake. The towels provided would need to be at least twice the size to go around me and another six inches wider to cover from thigh to breast plate. I had been shy and reluctant about displaying my ugly fat body into anyone's view. No one cares, of course, but me. In letting go of my reluctance I was able to finally use the steam room and the hot tub. It's the first time I've sat in water in more than 10 years. OMG, it felt wonderful.