Schoooooool's out for summer! August weight loss & accountability

Options

Replies

• strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! My one year old went in for surgery almost two weeks ago and he had about a week of recovery that kept me busy. He's back to his normal self, but between my sleep issues and him sleeping like a baby I haven't been getting enough sleep. I feel super on-edge and haven't been able to relax after all that went on this summer. He has more issues than we expected that weren't addressed during surgery (don't even get me started on that damn dentist) so it feels like this is going to go on forever. I've been working hard on getting myself back into my workout routine and did well so far this week. I can't give up now. Life isn't going to get any easier so I have to figure out how to go on in spite of it.

Height: 5'1"
    HW: 195lbs.
    August goal: 126lbs.
    Ultimate goal: 120lbs.

August 1st: 128lbs
    August 16th: 127.2

Keep up the good work!!! You’re so right, there will always be stressors and obstacles so it’s really great
    that you are finding ways to push through and stick to your goals!
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Height 5’2.5”

7/27 137
    8/3 137.8
    8/10 137.6
    8/17 136.6
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!! You’re so right, there will always be stressors and obstacles so it’s really great
    that you are finding ways to push through and stick to your goals!

Thanks, friend!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! My one year old went in for surgery almost two weeks ago and he had about a week of recovery that kept me busy. He's back to his normal self, but between my sleep issues and him sleeping like a baby I haven't been getting enough sleep. I feel super on-edge and haven't been able to relax after all that went on this summer. He has more issues than we expected that weren't addressed during surgery (don't even get me started on that damn dentist) so it feels like this is going to go on forever. I've been working hard on getting myself back into my workout routine and did well so far this week. I can't give up now. Life isn't going to get any easier so I have to figure out how to go on in spite of it.

Glad to hear the surgery went well, sorry about the other issues and lack of sleep! You are amazing for continuing to push through, awesome.
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    weight loss post pregnancy, had my little one end of July n now getting back on track with weight

height 5'2''
    Goal 115

August 3: 134
    August 10: 127
    August 17: 127
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    5'0"
    SW: 156lbs (4/1/18)
    GW: 124
    April End: 148
    May End 140.7
    June End:133.4
    July End:129
    August Goal: 124

8/4: 128.3 (t: 128.8)
    8/11: 128.3 (t: 128.2)
    8/18: 127.6 (t: 127.6)
    8/25:
    8/31:
  • TryingtodoitallSUCKS
    Options
    Height 5'5"
    August 1: 168
    August 18: 161
    August Goal: 155
    Ultimate Goal: 145.
    Intermittent fasting. Exercising and dieting. Completely committed but weight hasn't moved in six days! I would love some motivational friends! Please request me!
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Height : 5'5"
    HW: 172 lbs
    CW: 141.2 lbs
    August goal: 135 lbs
    Long term goal: 135 lbs or body fat% below 25%.

August 3rd - 141.2 lbs
    August 11th - 139 lbs
    August 17th - 141.5
    August 24th -
    September 1st -

I feel stuck here! Yes it’s summer, yes the heatwave has been difficult but I’m exercising way more than any other time of the year.
    Maybe i just need a diet break. Maybe I just need to look at the overall picture and not just my week to week trend.
    I’m bummed out that my summertime exercise routine is coming to an end. It’s not daylight early enough to get a bike ride before work. I’m going to have to move it indoors.
    Goal this week, start daily yoga. Sleep well and start vacation on Friday.
  • DomesticKat
    Options
    Pretty much at my August goal now and had a refeed today after a surprise on the scale this morning. I think it's probably some water weight since I had my two rest days over the weekend but I'll take it. Wishing you all a fantastic upcoming week!

August 19th: 126.4

• ntede3
    ntede3 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm still here! My one year old went in for surgery almost two weeks ago and he had about a week of recovery that kept me busy. He's back to his normal self, but between my sleep issues and him sleeping like a baby I haven't been getting enough sleep... Life isn't going to get any easier so I have to figure out how to go on in spite of it.

Ugh, it's the worst when your little one is hurting. But you are doing an amazing job remembering that your little one needs a strong, healthy Mama who takes care of herself and is a role model!

I hope he's doing better now (and you are, too). From your latest update, hopefully so?
  • ntede3
    ntede3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Pre-pregnancy weight: ~132 lbs
    August 10th / 11 weeks: 137 lbs
    August 17th / 12 weeks: 137.8 lbs
    August 24th / 13 weeks:
    August 31st / 14 weeks:

Last week: goal was cardio 3 times... Ladies, WTF was I thinking?!? Nuh uh, still needing medication to function due to morning (a.k.a. all day) sickness. Got to the gym once.

But! I hit my step goal 6/7 days, which is an incredible improvement over a few weeks ago.

This week: goals are to hit my step goal every day AND log MFP every day.
  • leah_not_leia
    leah_not_leia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2018 Starting Weight: 165 lbs
    Weight Lost: 8.7 lbs
    Height: 5' 9"
    Ultimate Weight Goal: 145 lbs, aiming to lose between 1-3 lbs/month while maintaining muscle
    NonWeight Goal: 5 pull-ups in a row

June 04: 159.2 lbs (trend 159.7 lbs)
    June 12: 158.0 lbs (trend 159.2 lbs)
    June 19: 158.5 lbs (trend 159.0 lbs)
    June 25: 158.9 lbs (trend 158.9 lbs)
    June 29: 158.9 lbs (trend 158.7 lbs)
    July 02: 158.5 lbs (trend 158.7 lbs)
    July 09: 156.6 lbs (trend 158.2 lbs)
    July 16: 155.2 lbs (trend 157.1 lbs)
    July 24: 156.7 lbs (trend 156.8 lbs)
    July 30: 156.7 lbs (trend 156.9 lbs)
    Aug 06: 156.3 lbs (trend 156.7 lbs)
    Aug 13: 155.8 lbs (trend 155.9 lbs)
    Aug 20: 155.0 lbs (trend 155.4 lbs)
    Aug 27:

Aug Goal: 153 (~3 lbs)
    Aug Loss:

This past week I have been in the mid to low 154's, I think by the end of the month I should be able to just break into the 153s :). I've been noticing that the weekends are usually when I eat over my caloric goals, but all through out the week it hasn't been too hard to stay on plan, especially with keeping busy after I come home from work. Last week we skipped out on the gym, so looking to get back into the routine this week.

• MAGGIED13
    MAGGIED13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to write my weight on here last week.
    Height: 5'4"
    August Goal: 145
    Ultimate Goal: 130
    August 1st: 158.6
    August 8th: 155.8
    August 15th: 157.6 (New Scale)
  • DomesticKat
    Options
    ntede3 wrote: »
    I'm still here! My one year old went in for surgery almost two weeks ago and he had about a week of recovery that kept me busy. He's back to his normal self, but between my sleep issues and him sleeping like a baby I haven't been getting enough sleep... Life isn't going to get any easier so I have to figure out how to go on in spite of it.

Ugh, it's the worst when your little one is hurting. But you are doing an amazing job remembering that your little one needs a strong, healthy Mama who takes care of herself and is a role model!

I hope he's doing better now (and you are, too). From your latest update, hopefully so?

Thank you so much for the kind words! He's doing great at the moment. We go back for a post-surgery check tomorrow and then we'll be seeing a new dentist after this to hopefully come up with a better course of action. I still have a lot of anxiety and anger that the extra stuff wasn't treated when she had the opportunity to fix it. I'm holding onto hope that we can delay further treatment as long as possible through other means but I know it's just a matter of time.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @DomesticKat I’m glad to hear it! I sent you a PM a while back asking about it, but I figured it may not be something you check often.
  • DomesticKat
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    @DomesticKat I’m glad to hear it! I sent you a PM a while back asking about it, but I figured it may not be something you check often.

I haven't seen any messages from you, maybe we have to be friends first?
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Height 5'4"
    Aug 10: 124
    Aug 17: 123.4
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:
    August Goal: 122
    Ultimate GW: 120

Moving into a new place in a new town, getting husband set with a new job and kids registered for their new schools, has me feeling tired and overwhelmed. We moved from a small town with limited culinary options, to D.C. where the culinary options are limitless. We've been going out and trying all the different cuisines, and I’ve been drinking a bit more wine too. I haven’t stopped working out completely, but I’ve had a very hard time being consistent. To make a long story short, I’m having a hard time getting back on the wagon!
  • gutsnglory6
    gutsnglory6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    Goal: maintain 135-130

Feb: 148.7
    March 1: 147
    April 1: 142
    May 1: 140.6
    June 1: 140.8 (moving average 137.7)
    July 1: 135 (moving average 135.2)

August 1: 133 (moving average 132.8)
    August 8: 130.8 (moving average 132.2)
    August 15: 131.4 (moving average 130.3)
    August 22: 130.9 (moving average 131.8)

This is going to be my last check in until mid-September. We leave in a few days for an epic road trip, get married and then drive back (eating and drinking our way through America).
    I’ve been meaning to get back down to 135 for a long time. When I got engaged, I thought “now or never” and started in earnest in March (yes, several months after actually getting engaged). It was so awesome to find this group and the support and weekly checkins have been so key to my success.
    I will be back in September! I’ve already got a list of goals for when I get back (mostly to keep myself accountable) and plan to focus on getting fitter/stronger through the winter.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Goal: 132-133lbs

August 1: 135.6lbs
    August 8: 135.2lbs
    August 15: 134.8lbs
    August 22: 133.8lbs
    August 29:

Right now my average trend weight is actually 135lbs so I'm actually not near "goal" yet. To be honest it is just an estimated goal since it is more about physique. Getting there though!