Starting Lego - ideas and direction?

Options
2»

Replies

• jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Im getting a very metallic taste in my mouth - is that the taste everyone is talking about? And does that mean I'm actually in ketosis or is it just the result of low carb?
  • toughmuther
    toughmuther Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can totally taste keto as well lol...I actually started keto the week of 4th of July holiday. It's amazingly easy to find keto friendly foods on vacations. In restaurants I find traditional hot wings, steak, chicken, salad w/ranch or Caesar. I happen to eat out often and have dropped 2 pants sizes since June 28th. All while continuing my lifestyle, after a while all my sweets and carb cravings diminished to 0, and I was a sugar addict to say the least.
    Good Luck, keto has been an amazing ride with worthwhile benefits.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I can totally taste keto as well lol...I actually started keto the week of 4th of July holiday. It's amazingly easy to find keto friendly foods on vacations. In restaurants I find traditional hot wings, steak, chicken, salad w/ranch or Caesar. I happen to eat out often and have dropped 2 pants sizes since June 28th. All while continuing my lifestyle, after a while all my sweets and carb cravings diminished to 0, and I was a sugar addict to say the least.
    Good Luck, keto has been an amazing ride with worthwhile benefits.

Thanks! Great tips on restaurant options! I'm so new to this and have never counted carbs before so while I'm pretty OK at estimating calories, I'm really bad at it with carbs. Like - obviously I know to avoid all grains and root vegetables, but I had no idea berries and tomatoes were so high carb! Our vaca is to the southern states and im looking forward to southern BBQ but I'm guessing all the sauces would be carb heavy no? Since they probably are tomato based and have a lot of sugar? How do you order your wings to avoid that problem?

Also my Keto related find that was SO exciting for me - whiskey is zero carb! That makes my fav diet coke and whiskey totally legal. SO happy about that!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Carolina BBQ sauce is vinegar based so not very high in carbs. Most other BBQ sauces are molasses/tomato based so you want to avoid those. I don't eat wings - to much effort for not much reward - so I can;t help you there.
  • toughmuther
    toughmuther Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly wing sauce is low in net carbs! I have just went on restaurant websites and looked at their nutrition facts. I can go out with hubby for wings and drinks on a Friday night. Super fun finding recipes and different meals at restaurants we go to.
    I have been finding amazing fat bomb yogurt, fat bomb hot chocolates, smoothies...oh my gosh pancakes.. Youtube and Instagram is so full of successful people who make yummy foods and the lbs literally melt away!