Check in

Options

Replies

• MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 I stopped in because it's overdue. I am working on some things and I don't know if I am quite ready to get back to work yet. But I know step one is coming back here and man did this make me smile. I have been making cold process for about 4 years. I love soaping!!
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. Seems like a great group. Looking forward to being a member.

Welcome. It's a supportive and safe environment here in this group. I think you'll fit right in.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    MzCara148 wrote: »
    @bmeadows380 I stopped in because it's overdue. I am working on some things and I don't know if I am quite ready to get back to work yet. But I know step one is coming back here and man did this make me smile. I have been making cold process for about 4 years. I love soaping!!

@MzCara148 Welcome back!

I'm really enjoying the soap making, though it's an expensive hobby on the front end :blush: The problem I'm running into is that to experiment with different types and oils and colors, its takes practice - I still haven't gotten a standard size yet, and have just barely started exploring natural ways of scenting and coloring and all the styles and methods - but practice means I end up with a TON of soap! And there are so many other recipes I want to try and methods to perfect! I'm going to have to get creative in figuring out how to offload all these extra bars :)
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello... feel like I am calling out to an empty cavern. Been really quiet this last week or so. I keep hoping a challenge will post in the challenges tab, but no such luck this month yet. How’s everyone doing?

I am yo-yo-ing with insomnia and health concerns... sometimes I am on top of the water drinking and others I am way under. Have a lot to work on. And I am trying to really get one thing at a time down before integrating another so that it all sticks a lot better. We’ll see how that idea goes.

Have a great day!!
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Haloooooooo.

Yep. You're right, @RunaMarti, there's definitely a lonely echo in here. :)

I kind of miss having a challenge to check in with everyone this month. I've also been trying to catch my breath. In the summer I was working 3-day weeks (using up some banked overtime), but I'm back to more normal hours now in September, so fitting in fitness and food prep along with a full-time schedule, plus social and family events is proving to be a little more challenging than I anticipated. And it's gotten really cold, so I'm feeling whiny. It snowed here last night, and I had to scrape 2 inches of ice and snow off my car this morning, so I think summer is over for us. (this is really unusual, and it should warm up again in a couple of days....I hope)
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I hit a 20 lb loss this morning. I was very excited to see that. Hopefully I can keep up with what I'm doing.
    California weather is still in the 80's this week. I should be out tending to the garden instead of sitting here twiddling my thumbs 😁
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    I do not miss the snow ... at all! I think I am going to sign up for a virtual race if I can start getting myself out and moving more. Need to start using that Y membership I keep paying for.... 🏊🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    So, I signed up for and started a virtual race!! I was thinking of posting updates in a discussion within the group, but don’t know if folks would be interested or maybe they think it goes somewhere else. I could do check in, updates, or start a discussion for virtual race updates. What do you think? Do folks still check in here? I miss the activity that used to be here. I know it’s busy and people are gearing up for holidays, but since I don’t have any of that... I might have to get involved in something else to do.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping on the wagon... it gets harder this time of year for a lot of folks!!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I know, I've been logging in every morning and it's sad to see the conversations have just dwindled away. I think we need another challenge for October. I promise I am still here and just as motivated to change my life!
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Started back at 385lbs at the start of July and this week finally broke 350lb coming in at 347lb at my weigh-in yesterday. Still a long way to go but good to beat one milestone!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @jst1986 Way to go! That is awesome progress!
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    I know, I've been logging in every morning and it's sad to see the conversations have just dwindled away. I think we need another challenge for October. I promise I am still here and just as motivated to change my life!

Yes. Agree. A new challenge would be good. And maybe we can all post some discussion topics as well or more frequently. You know? I like the people in this group. I've grown to care about most of you and am interested in your challenges and your successes. I dare say that our feeds are fairly active (at least mine seems to be). Maybe we should post some of these observances in the group here to stir up the energy a bit.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I'm not adding a progress report update for this week - I just got back from vacation and I know I over ate then and am still dealing with a lot of water retention because of the eating-out. I'm trying to get back on track and even turned down my mom's homemade pizza yesterday and opted for roasted veggies and trout instead for supper. Not quite as good as the pizza, but I know exactly what my calories were in the fish and I was able to keep my dinner calories reasonable. My mom's pizza is to die for, but definitely a calorie bomb considering the amount of ground beef and cheese she puts on the sucker.....

Meanwhile, yesterday, for the first time in months, I actually managed to eat under my calorie goal!

AND I managed to NOT stop at Arby's on my way home for a turkey slider with no cheese (I've been addicted to those things recently and was stopping about every evening on the way home for one. 160 calories per slider, which isn't much calories, true, and has 16g protein, but they still didn't really fill me up that much and they bit into my dinner calorie alotment pretty badly, so I know I need to stop getting them.
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hello hi there....since no one did or suggested a September challenge...I'm asking who would actually participate in a new one for October?....Just saying...lol
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    Hey all! Just icing from my next walk towards my virtual race!! I am so sore and stiff, but I have to do this!! I would LOVE an October challenge!! Been checking the challenges tab every day practically for one from MFP. Decided to push myself with the virtual race when I realized I was starting to get close to jumping off the wagon.

Doing pretty good. Lost some weight this week. Got some good food from the pantry. Many protein bars and health food donations to pick from. My diamond art painting is coming along, too.

3afxkd4pau1k.jpeg
    xa8pucg9tldb.jpeg
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    last 4 days have just been awful , I have eaten things I shouldn't (cake and stuff like that) I have broken my fast 2 days in a row , my morning blood sugars are crazy high 151 and 140 ..so bad ... I got to get back on to it . I do not want to gain back the 60 I have lost . I don't know what is wrong with me , The fasting is weird I only do 18 hours but then I only eat 2 meals a day . some people do 24 hours or even 3 days 5 day 7 days ..I am not that good at it . I get hungry . I think I am just going back to Keto diet and try to eat 3 meals a day and just no snacks , it's the smacks and sweet stuff that is killing me . I have stopped drinking diet soda , which is good only have stevia in the morning in my coffee . I will check in more . I think that is what happened I stopped talking to you all , and went off on my own . which is never good . Thanks everyone for being here .
  • kwiris0328
    kwiris0328 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I’m still here too and keeping on keeping on. I had a bad cold and spent two weeks going up and down on the scale which was so frustrating. Plus it’s the craziest time of year with my kids after school stuff and my job. I’ve had to white knuckle more than a few dinners, snacks, and treats lately. Friday I ate all of my calories for the day at a birthday lunch. I wasn’t hungry for the rest of the day and wound up just under my calories, but I felt like a failure.
    I finally saw a loss yesterday. Yay!! I’m down 109.9 today. Three more pounds and I’ll be in the 200s! Hopefully it won’t come off as slowly as the last three did!

And I’ll participate in the October group challenge. I love this group too!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    my weight was up this morning compared to yesterday, but I know its water weight - a person doesn't gain 2 lbs in 24 hours lol

I actually had about 3 good days last week where I was actually right at or slightly under my calorie goal, but Saturday wasn't good - my mother and I went out shopping and ate out 2 meals. However, I think I had to have accounted for some of those excess calories with all the walking I did that day, too - I know I was tired and my legs were hurting by the time the day was done!

Yesterday wasn't very good either, but I still at least ate under maintenance, even if it was way over my goal.

I think the weight problems is that I'm still coming down from the sodium from the out to eating food, and I wasn't wearing my constriction stockings this weekend, either. Not to mention that ever since my vacation last weekend, I've been bloated....
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    Had a very emotionally draining weekend. Out of home eating 3 days in a row. 2 days at a buffet. Tracked everything as best I could. Need to increase water intake again. Been lacking. Need to get back on track with walking virtual race. Behind in goal this week. Time to push through. Seems like walking and protein intake has helped. Jumped on scale to gauge damage of the last several days. Was down over a pound from Saturday weigh in. Have to tighten the reigns for awhile now.

What kind of October challenge do we want to do? I don’t know where everyone is located, but stores have been flooded with fun size candy in preparation for Halloween. Glad I live in an apartment building... no need to worry about traffic at my door!!

I have a ton of difficult “anniversaries” in October. Need to get focused on other things to distract self.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    Saw this on my thread and liked it!!

56b7c8h35bva.jpeg