Options

Replies

• xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Re_Banana wrote: »
    @xDaniDragonflyx
    Curious. What's your regular net carb intake for you vs. Your low carb intake?

I try to stay below 15 net carbs. Some days I only have 3-5 carbs, other days I take the full 15.
  • utdiva77
    utdiva77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SO FLIPPING IRRITATED AT MYSELF.....Drinking is such a food trigger for me...I had a great time with too much wine on the lake Labor Day....then I ate Long John Silver's. >D Up FIVE POUNDS today which I am hoping is mostly bloat. Back at it with some fasting this morning. How was everyone else's holiday?
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    utdiva77 wrote: »
    SO FLIPPING IRRITATED AT MYSELF.....Drinking is such a food trigger for me...I had a great time with too much wine on the lake Labor Day....then I ate Long John Silver's. >D Up FIVE POUNDS today which I am hoping is mostly bloat. Back at it with some fasting this morning. How was everyone else's holiday?

Same here! I drank and ate way too much this weekend (I was at a wedding and completely splurged!) up 6 lbs. I’m refusing to beat myself up about it and I’m already back on the horse and hoping to lose the bloating before next weekend. Good luck to you! It will go fast I’m sure.

@PaulaKro I know exactly what you mean. One of my friends was interested in doing keto, but she changed her mind because of all the negativity about Keto online. I tried to explain to her how many people are misinformed about fat vs carb, but it’s an uphill battle I’m afraid. That’s why I appreciate this forum so much! It’s so nice to have a safe haven where I can go for real support.
  • kindredprincess1210
    Options
    kouts wrote: »
    Im looking for support during this challenge
    Please friend me

I'll friend you..friend me as well! We are all in this together!
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not doing a good job so far trying to eat clean keto. I have not been shopping for my weekly good and found myself snacking and/or starving. It is also very hard because with a 9months old , I am trying to cook but he does not nap anymore so it is really hard. Anyway, I am choosing to not give up and stay optimistic.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I am back to Keto (have yo-yo'd for a little over a year) and am attempting 100 days in a row if I can. This morning I woke up to my scale not working and couldn't find my measuring tape, so I just took progress pics instead of doing my usual thing of waiting another day.

My food is a bit weird right now because I am just using up what I already have here, but my diary is open to friends.
  • beautifulchaos135
    Options
    I’m seem to be struggling today! My house has mostly non-Keto items because I am the only one doing it. So those yummy sugar cookies on the counter were really calling my name! I did not eat one, thankfully, but as I sit here at work eating my dinner, I really want to go get a butterscotch pudding 😩. I am roughly three weeks into Keto, and I had absolutely no cravings until today. Is this normal, any advice please?
  • jrmie333
    Options
    It is somewhat getting better. I need to cook more especially with slow cooker. Also having some keto friendly snacks do help.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    I've made the mistake of responding in the "Clean Eating" group. There are people asking about Keto, and then someone responds and says a high-fat Keto diet will cause heart disease and dementia. And I don't eat high-fat to get into keto, just low-carb. I need to quit trying to correct them, but feel sorry for the people asking who might be misled by others poorly preconceived notions.

I am with you completely! I get so frustrated with the level of misinformation out there and also that there are so many people who don't really want to find out what is factual. I feel bad when people waste time and effort following something that is not correct. I also feel bad for those people who are truly trying to get it right and they are being fed a lot of bad information. Yes, I eat low carb to see results, not high fat!
    For this very reason (the high level of misinformation), I dropped off of all but two facebook pages and most MFP groups. It was helpful before because it encouraged me to do the research and see what was right, but now it's too frustrating and stressful to see it all!
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow. Bad week for Keto topped off by an extra bad day. I knew yesterday would be bad when I smelled the pumpkin chocolate chip bread. But near-zero carbs in other things I ate (not that that matters when I ate 1/2 the loaf myself). Though it was nice to feel full for the first time this week. Which was odd since I haven't had the feeling of not being full/sated without a huge sugar snack since I started Keto 6 weeks ago.

While I can't fix the situational stuff that increases the snack cravings, I think I have figured out why I didn't feel full this week: while trying to tweak my macros to have a higher protein target, per several discussion comments that the goal is to move to using stored fat rather than newly ingested fat, I didn't eat any fat bombs. Since I started, I have had one form or another available when the snack craving hit (and it does. It always does).
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hey all.
    I'm currently completing week five of keto, and week one of incorporating IF.
    The weight loss is relatively slow, but I'm loving this WOE, and would love some like minded friends.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,069 Member
    Options
    @zanyterp, I’m impressed you ONLY ate half, I would of ate the whole loaf, :(. Pumpkin bread is MY weakness, actually anything pumpkin, :(

“Wow. Bad week for Keto topped off by an extra bad day. I knew yesterday would be bad when I smelled the pumpkin chocolate chip bread”
  • etaylor704
    etaylor704 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I’m seem to be struggling today! My house has mostly non-Keto items because I am the only one doing it. So those yummy sugar cookies on the counter were really calling my name! I did not eat one, thankfully, but as I sit here at work eating my dinner, I really want to go get a butterscotch pudding 😩. I am roughly three weeks into Keto, and I had absolutely no cravings until today. Is this normal, any advice please?

I keep a few things on hand. organic heavy whipping cream,pure liquid stevia, GOOD peanut butter (just nuts and sea salt) and 100% cocao dark chocolate(bakers) to whip up a quick fix. Just dont do too much...your body will use that fat instead of your own fat
  • etaylor704
    etaylor704 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    caras12 wrote: »
    Hello my name is Cara, I was back on Keto for the second time after losing around 60 pounds at my highest weight of 268, stopped it got down to 203 then gained back up again 213 after going to Disney World and all that, so I started again in January , by March I was down to 184 or so. Then my scale shot up and I got frustrated and quit because I was working hard but also my family joined and they were using sweeteners such as monk fruit and erythritol to make keto deserts and I think it was not good for me. My first time around I stayed away from any sweets and I was fine but by incorporating those, even though I was doing ok on the scale, it wasn’t as fast as before and I kept craving sweets. It could be that with PCOS, I might have to stay away from Sweets altogether but that was my downfall. I started back this week and I could also do with some more friends who fill in their daily food diary and updates as it helps me stay on track and motivates me. Also you can add me on Instagram as I like following food/workout stories and photos. I must agree with the person above me , Keto is the best lifestyle and truly gives you energy. I’m proud of everyone who has stuck with it for a while, you are truly motivating. Also you can add me on insta if it’s allowed at uglytastyketofood

If you eat any type of sweets your body will crave more and some of those powdered sweeteners have maltodextrin in them...but congrats on your progress and welcome back to the good life lol
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I was gone for a while. Although I was able to stay around -2pounds or +2pounds, i am having the hardest time between keeping my energy up to care for my baby and cooking. We also have been dealing with tons of rain from the rainmant of storm florence so not too easy at all. Anyway i am trying to keep up and not get discouraged.
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    jrmie333 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I was gone for a while. Although I was able to stay around -2pounds or +2pounds, i am having the hardest time between keeping my energy up to care for my baby and cooking. We also have been dealing with tons of rain from the rainmant of storm florence so not too easy at all. Anyway i am trying to keep up and not get discouraged.

Hey!! So good to see you back here! Also feeling a bit of a dip in energy. Let's keep each other motivated. I love seeing pics of your meals!
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been away for a month or so, and in that time I have managed to regain 10 of the 11 pounds I worked so hard to lose. It sucks, but I am getting back to basics and hoping that some of those 10 lbs will be gone quickly in a good "whoosh" as I kick start my body back into ketosis. Not only do I feel crappy in my body and hate how my clothes fit, but I also just feel sluggish, am experiencing trouble sleeping (which I didn't have on keto), and feel hungry all the time. The benefits of this lifestyle go beyond the weight loss and I am trying to remind myself of that as I resume my journey.
This discussion has been closed.